Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142245 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #360 on: February 01, 2008, 06:04:45 pm »
Concerning paps....

One of the local papers here recently posted a series of 5 pics of some pap-type photographer sneaking up on Jessica Alba and taking pictures; zooming in as follows:

http://www.kjendis.no/2008/01/22/524607.html?i=4

::) ::) ::)

Which kind of begs the question; how far would Michelle have to travel -where could she stay, -that paps would not follow her?

I hope she doesn't make any rash decisions due to pressure from paps on her doorstep at least. I'd imagine she needs time and space - which is what she's asking for in her statement.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #361 on: February 01, 2008, 06:07:29 pm »
Concerning paps....

One of the local papers here recently posted a series of 5 pics of some pap-type photographer sneaking up on Jessica Alba and taking pictures; zooming in as follows:

http://www.kjendis.no/2008/01/22/524607.html?i=4

::) ::) ::)

Which kind of begs the question; how far would Michelle have to travel -where could she stay, -that paps would not follow her?

I hope she doesn't make any rash decisions due to pressure from paps on her doorstep at least. I'd imagine she needs time and space - which is what she's asking for in her statement.

Dear GOD - does he have no ounce of respect?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #362 on: February 01, 2008, 06:13:05 pm »
I don't think it matters where Michelle lives, she will always have the papz there. As long as they can sell their pics they will be there.....  :(
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #363 on: February 01, 2008, 06:15:05 pm »
Apparently not. The site who has the 5 pics showing him creeping up at her, has termed the item "The stupidest photographer of all time". There's something in it.  ::)

Here's another current article on the pap craziness - they've become so aggressive that LA is planning to pass laws to keep them at a distance from celebs and keep them from endangering public safety. This has to do with the Britney Spears hullaballoo, but coming on the tail end of this week after Heath died,and the way paps and celeb-voracious media have been operating it seems to me it's interesting to see it in light of that as well....

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-britney2feb02,0,6648183.story

moremojo

« Reply #364 on: February 01, 2008, 06:21:31 pm »
It's sad and strange that we have to keep learning our lessons over and over again. In the wake of the death of Diana Princess of Wales,  there was supposedly a lot of soul-searching within not only the ranks of the gossip-rag trade but also the larger public regarding the perils of celebrity worship, and yet Heath's death proves that the impulses and motives to trade in this commodity have not changed a bit.

moremojo

« Reply #365 on: February 01, 2008, 06:31:11 pm »
I keep hoping that some good will come out of all this in the form of a public backlash against scummy tabs and paps. But then I remember that paparazzi literally drove the beloved Princess Diana to her death, and even THAT didn't make a difference.
I see that you essentially made the same point earlier, Katherine.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #366 on: February 01, 2008, 06:41:32 pm »
I have been following news breaks pretty closely (I guess that is what remains of my grief) and in the last handful of days several celebrities have checked themselves into rehab or psychiatric treatment:

Amy Winehouse
Britney Spears
Eva Mendes
Justin Chambers

is it possible that a few Hollywooders are getting scared straight?

I thought there was a fifth one but I am still searching.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #367 on: February 01, 2008, 06:58:01 pm »
I would think they'd wait to run stories about illegal drug use based on autoposy results. If he's "clean" (no opiates or illegal substances), what's the point? I bought this issue of PPL, but I certainly wouldn't buy the one that MOREMOJO is alluding to.
As is, Heath is not around to defend himself. 

I did buy the People magazine -- for that kind of rag, IMO it really wasn't too bad; and some very nice pictures. They were rather cautious not to make too many definite statements about either drugs or the cause of death. Don't have it in front of me, but I think they mentioned Heath's "partying" as a factor in the breakup.

Offline Verona

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • "Ain't never enough time... never enough."
« Reply #368 on: February 01, 2008, 07:24:08 pm »
I'm a bit surprised George Clooney has not made a statement yet. He's always been very outspoken about the paps, and confronts them at every turn... he thinks they're criminals who are a danger to society. Surely he must have something to say.

One of my favorite quotes of his:

"They're not trying to catch me doing something stupid; they're trying to create me doing something stupid. You don't get to break all these laws and then say, 'I'm just doing my job.' The guys that commit all these crimes are rewarded for it. It creates bounty hunters in a way."

George... you're one of my heroes for your bravery and candor, the way you speak up for those who can't. Where are you when I really need you?

:-\

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #369 on: February 01, 2008, 10:05:07 pm »
Cute gossip of the day:

Eric Roberts, who worked with Heath on 'The Dark Knight' described him as "A real sweetie pie."

Who knew?  Sounds like Roberts was quite taken with our boy!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”