Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142288 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #510 on: February 08, 2008, 02:46:14 pm »
Melissa, I only have a vague idea of what your letter says, but I'm proud of you already!!   :D

Mel, dat IS prima!

(Lucky my one Dutch phrase is so positive!)  :)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #511 on: February 08, 2008, 03:07:06 pm »
(((Mel))))  Way to go - you should be proud of yourself.  I know I'm proud of you and that's just from figuring out the headline above your letter!   

:-*
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #512 on: February 08, 2008, 03:11:18 pm »
Well done Mel. You go girl  :).

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #513 on: February 08, 2008, 03:16:29 pm »
As the funeral draws near and the family has managed to keep the details from becoming public knowledge, Perth's Sunday Times reports that there's a virtual "Media Stakeout" at the family homes. Police have had to guard and block the street where Heath's mom lives. There is round-the-clock media barrage there.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,23181140-5012990,00.html

Says one photographer: ""We'd like to respect their privacy, but we have a job to do.''

*sigh*

Heath would have hated it so - they stalk him and his family all the way to the grave.  :-\

I feel uncomfortable knowing this is going on and disliking it intensely, it's horrible - and at the same time I can't pretend that I wouldn't want some little bit of non-intrusive information concerning the funeral once  it has taken place.  :-\

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #514 on: February 08, 2008, 03:41:53 pm »
As the funeral draws near and the family has managed to keep the details from becoming public knowledge, Perth's Sunday Times reports that there's a virtual "Media Stakeout" at the family homes. Police have had to guard and block the street where Heath's mom lives. There is round-the-clock media barrage there.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/story/0,21598,23181140-5012990,00.html

Says one photographer: ""We'd like to respect their privacy, but we have a job to do.''

*sigh*

Heath would have hated it so - they stalk him and his family all the way to the grave.  :-\

I feel uncomfortable knowing this is going on and disliking it intensely, it's horrible - and at the same time I can't pretend that I wouldn't want some little bit of non-intrusive information concerning the funeral once  it has taken place.  :-\

Do you remember when he said he and Michelle felt so caged in their own house in Australia they decided to sell it after living there only for ten or twelve days?

And now this.  >:( :(

I had so hoped that exactly this would not happen. I had hoped the paps would respect the family's and Michelle's outspoken wish for privacy.
The parallels to the situation two years ago are so obvious. Yes, Heath would hate it. And his family sure hates it. Poor Heath, and his poor family.
I've already seen pictures I never wanted to see the last weeks. Although Heath is very little in the media in Germany, you can bet when there is something, there'll also be pics you don't want to see. I really have no need to read anything about the funeral, let alone see pics. It's nobody's business but theirs.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #515 on: February 08, 2008, 03:43:18 pm »

Pete thank you for that article.  It is the most straightforward, kind and informative
one that i have seen or read since this whole thing happened.  thanks again.

Mel thank you for making that effort on behalf of all his millions of fans around the
world.  Bad things happen to good people, when good people do nothing.  I have to admit
i have not made such an effort.  I too am guilty.

I understand those folks have a job to do as do all people.  Its not so much what they
do, but how they go about it. 

I think that we are part of it as well when we clamor for every bit and parcel of information in order to learn of the details.  Secondly on that regard, I think in order to
stave off that tide of reporters, I think a brief list of attendees for the funeral, and
who the speakers would or would not be.  Would be in order.  Simply say to the media
that they are giving that information in the firm hope that it would make them be able
to have privacy.  The report to be released upon the completion of the ceremony.

Hopefully that would suffice.  People like us who care would be informed.  And
need for the hounding would be abated.  JMO

Beautiful mind

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #516 on: February 08, 2008, 03:53:16 pm »
Congratulations Melissa!!!  :D

I am soooooo PROUD of you!!! That must be very exciting. I'm excited too and I didn't even write it!!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #517 on: February 08, 2008, 03:54:04 pm »
Daniel Day Lewis condemns "media circus" that increases the grief of the family dealing with Heath's death:

http://www.news24.com/News24/Entertainment/Celebrities/0,,2-1225-2108_2267283,00.html

"His family, for instance, at this moment, are trying to suffer the unimaginable grief in the full scrutiny of a fucking circus and anything that I say is going probably to just contribute even more to that because it keeps the story running and running and running and running."

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

mvansand76

« Reply #518 on: February 08, 2008, 04:07:30 pm »
Thanks guys! I didn't even see the paper until my friend sent me a text message "I saw your letter in the paper. You go girl!" it said. I then ran downstairs to the hallway of our office and picked up the paper and then ran back to my colleagues and they were so happy for me. It's a paper that is read by almost 2 million readers each day so I really feel that I have reached an audience.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #519 on: February 08, 2008, 04:40:57 pm »
post in english when you get the chance!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/