Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142297 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #750 on: February 29, 2008, 07:52:39 pm »
Wonder, any of you, if those drugs were maybe forced upon Heath?

Yes, forced?

Hugs!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #751 on: February 29, 2008, 08:01:44 pm »
wow marge, that was a good article

Double wow!!!! That is the most cohesive and inciteful piece of journalism I have read,re the whole tragedy.It was neither sensational or overtly emotional.By being neither it managed to be one of the saddest pieces I have read.
It really just said,he was a good guy,an extemely talented actor.who was much like most of us.neither sinner or saint.
Except like most of us(well me anyway) he had an enormous talent,and with that came pressures which most of us cannot imagine.I struggle enough with day to day life,let alone life through a lens.
I guess he just wanted to be "normal" which was never going to be following the massive impact of BBM.You can't blame the guy for trying though.
Thanks again for posting the link to the article.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #752 on: March 01, 2008, 12:04:36 am »
Double wow!!!! That is the most cohesive and inciteful piece of journalism I have read,re the whole tragedy.It was neither sensational or overtly emotional.By being neither it managed to be one of the saddest pieces I have read.

What you said. 

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #753 on: March 01, 2008, 11:42:01 am »
It really just said,he was a good guy,an extemely talented actor.who was much like most of us.neither sinner or saint.
Except like most of us(well me anyway) he had an enormous talent,and with that came pressures which most of us cannot imagine.I struggle enough with day to day life,let alone life through a lens.
I guess he just wanted to be "normal" which was never going to be following the massive impact of BBM.You can't blame the guy for trying though.

(The above quote referred to the New York Magazine article this week.)

What I thought was the best insight, though a very bitter one, was the author's remark that if Heath had started "acting like an a**hole", showing up for a day's work at a movie shoot obviously under the influence, etc. he might still be alive because people who knew him well might have figured that something was wrong and done some kind of intervention.

Of course, we'll never know that for sure but when I read that, I just had a gut feeling that the author had touched on one of the most important aspects of this tragedy. And it's true -- it's the people who, through insecurity, strength of character, or some of both, who struggle along in "quiet desperation" without showing any outward signs who so often fall through the cracks.

That article also made it crystal-clear, without ranting much about it, how inane the sensationalism was.

Offline optom3

« Reply #754 on: March 01, 2008, 02:44:40 pm »
Wonder, any of you, if those drugs were maybe forced upon Heath?

Yes, forced?

Hugs!

Guess we will never know.

What I do know is that it is very easy to take ,accidentally too many Rx. meds.As I am having a rough time at the moment,I am on several meds.All prescribed by same phsician,sleeping tabs,anti depressants,pain killers.

Since the death of Heath I have started keeing a note of what I took and when.

It is so easy when you cant sleep,are depressed,manic and in pain,just to think oh,Ill  just take a couple more.Anything to get rid of the pain,mental and physical,get some sleep.So I am much more careful than I used to be.

It at least acted as a bit of a wake up call to me.to be less cavalier about my meds.Now when it gets real bad I offload here at Better Most !!!!!!!!!

mvansand76

« Reply #755 on: March 01, 2008, 03:34:56 pm »
Guess we will never know.

What I do know is that it is very easy to take ,accidentally too many Rx. meds.As I am having a rough time at the moment,I am on several meds.All prescribed by same phsician,sleeping tabs,anti depressants,pain killers.

Since the death of Heath I have started keeing a note of what I took and when.

It is so easy when you cant sleep,are depressed,manic and in pain,just to think oh,Ill  just take a couple more.Anything to get rid of the pain,mental and physical,get some sleep.So I am much more careful than I used to be.

It at least acted as a bit of a wake up call to me.to be less cavalier about my meds.Now when it gets real bad I offload here at Better Most !!!!!!!!!

{{{{Optom3}}}}

That's so good to hear... yeah even when a doctor prescribes pain medicine, you need to be very careful with them. My doctor prescribed me very strong pain medication last week for a pulled muscle, and I now found out it increases the risk of heart failure, needless to say I will quit taking it asap.

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #756 on: March 01, 2008, 03:44:25 pm »
{{{{Optom3}}}}

That's so good to hear... yeah even when a doctor prescribes pain medicine, you need to be very careful with them. My doctor prescribed me very strong pain medication last week for a pulled muscle, and I now found out it increases the risk of heart failure, needless to say I will quit taking it asap.

The only painkiller I ever take, and I,ve been taking it for years and years, is Ibobrufen. Dunno if I spelt that right. I take it because I suffer dreadfully with "womens things". It,s the only thing that works.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #757 on: March 01, 2008, 10:20:43 pm »
Here is a smidgen of news:

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23302707-5001026,00.html

Heath's wheels

A ROYAL blue classic Aston Martin V8, which once belonged to Heath Ledger, is again up for sale in Sydney.

The beautifully presented car was actually the NEC Motor Show car and it is finished in deep royal blue, with chamois leather piped in navy and navy Wilton carpets.

For a time, it was proudly parked in the driveway of Ledger's former Bronte home, proving that he was a man of style. However, it is now in the showroom of the Classic Throttle Shop in North Sydney, with a price tag of $145,000 - only for the most committed of the Ledger memorabilia hunters.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #758 on: March 01, 2008, 10:25:15 pm »
And some new details about the portrait of Heath and the Archibald Prize entry by Vincent Fantauzzo.

f the annual Archibald Prize is meant to court controversy, then the 2008 version lives up to its reputation.

The most haunting image among the 40 finalists vying for next Friday’s $50,000 prize is that of actor Heath Ledger, who died of an accidental overdose of prescription drugs in the US two months ago.

The brooding portrait shows a Christ-like image of the actor surrounded by two further images of himself whispering into both ears.

Ledger sat for his friend Vincent Fantauzzo in Perth last Christmas.

But the Melbourne artist had second thoughts about entering after Ledger’s sudden death, and changed his mind only after talking with the actor’s family and friends.

Ledger was given sketches of the proposed painting but never saw the final result.

“I was about to email him an image when I heard,” Fantauzzo said.

http://www.thewest.com.au/default.aspx?MenuID=182&ContentID=61011
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #759 on: March 01, 2008, 11:26:10 pm »
How interesting, Louise.  I would love to see that portrait.
No more beans!