Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142316 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #820 on: March 09, 2008, 07:49:52 pm »
Just read this on the Australian Yahoo news page.....looks like the rest of the family are getting involved now....and why on earth would they want to be talking to Michellle's father, Larry....he cant keep his own affairs in order.

Monday March 10, 05:42 AM
Spat erupts over Heath Ledger's will
A spat has erupted between Heath Ledger's father and uncles over the contents of his will, with the star's former partner, Michelle Williams, warned their daughter may be cut out of his fortune.

Ledger's uncles, Mike and Haydn, have warned Ms Williams and her father, Larry, not to trust the actor's father, Kim, accusing him of mismanaging their grandfather's estate.

They are worried Ledger's daughter, Matilda Rose, may not receive a cut of the dead actor's estimated $20-million fortune, News Limited newspapers say.

A three-page will lodged with a Manhattan court was written three years before Matilda was born, they reported.

"I'm concerned for Matilda. I have concerns about the distribution of funds," Hadyn Ledger said.

"We spoke to Larry about Kim and his ability to manage Matilda's assets," Mike Ledger said.

"Our concern is that it doesn't happen to another family."

Heath Ledger died in January from an apparent drug overdose in his New York apartment.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #821 on: March 09, 2008, 08:23:25 pm »
Ledger's Family Vows to Take Care of Michelle and Matilda

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=304597&GT1=7701

Basically says the same as the other articles.

I expected the Ledger family to set up a trust fund for Matilda. Don't you think Michelle makes a good income? I never thought Matilda would NOT be taken care of.

If all things were perfect -- Heath would still be with us. But that not being the case, I wish he'd changed his will to make Matilda his beneficiary. I'm sure it was one of those things that did not seem very pressing.

Wouldn't your estate automatically go to your children in a case like this? I think it should.

I hope they at least give Michelle and Matilda equal shares of what they get. Really more should go to Matilda than anyone.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #822 on: March 09, 2008, 09:12:19 pm »
Over at FoxNews.com, the headline reads:  Heath Ledger's Will Ignores Daughter --

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,336280,00.html

-- making it sound as if Heath had deliberated disinherited Matilda when, in fact, the will had been created years before she was even born and he had just never gotten around to updating it.  Let's face it, how many 28-year-olds are thinking about estate planning?  It's easily something that's put off for later, only in this case, there was no later.

If Heath had left no will, Matilda would have inherited everything because she would have been his only heir.  In any event, I think the government is going to end up with a big chunk of the estate.   But maybe probate taxes are different in Australia.

Larry Williams should stay out of it until he settles his own legal battles, IMHO.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #823 on: March 09, 2008, 09:26:36 pm »
What do you expect of FOX. Slant the story from the worse possible angle with a headline like HEATH IGNORES DAUGHTER.  It makes him sound selfish when in fact he loved his daughter.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
« Reply #824 on: March 09, 2008, 09:32:04 pm »
What do you expect of FOX.

Good point.

yb

« Reply #825 on: March 09, 2008, 09:49:47 pm »
I am having a sick feeling of this. 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #826 on: March 09, 2008, 10:05:59 pm »
I think there is an entirely different way of thinking about the fact that Heath had not updated his will since 2003:  he was obviously not contemplating suicide.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

yb

« Reply #827 on: March 09, 2008, 10:22:45 pm »
I think there is an entirely different way of thinking about the fact that Heath had not updated his will since 2003:  he was obviously not contemplating suicide.

Louise, that's exactly what I thought yesterday after reading the news. 

There's no way he would have cut Matilda from his will, she's the love of his life.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #828 on: March 09, 2008, 11:10:23 pm »
:-\

mvansand76

« Reply #829 on: March 10, 2008, 05:19:22 am »
They did the same thing in the paper here in Holland, "Ledger leaves nothing to his daughter" or something along those lines. The media makes me sick.