Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142215 times)

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #870 on: April 12, 2008, 12:02:14 am »

Heathen

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #871 on: April 12, 2008, 12:03:58 am »
I admire her towards the thruth!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #872 on: April 12, 2008, 07:09:54 am »
re new lawsuit *Sigh* he's dead for goodness sake. Why don't they just let him be huh?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline RouxB

« Reply #873 on: April 12, 2008, 10:35:35 am »
re new lawsuit *Sigh* he's dead for goodness sake. Why don't they just let him be huh?

Exactly! And I'm not quite getting what this women is suing for/about. What is the basis of the lawsuit?? Is it because she is in the video-with her face blurred out thus unrecognizable and feel her reputation has been damaged? Because going public with a lawsuit certainly won't do that  ::)

fraud, negligence, trespassing and intentional infliction of emotional distress, among others.

ooohhhhh, now I get it - everyone wants a piece of the Ledger cash cow before it dries up. Disgusting.

Heathen

Offline oilgun

« Reply #874 on: April 12, 2008, 01:30:01 pm »
Exactly! And I'm not quite getting what this women is suing for/about. What is the basis of the lawsuit?? Is it because she is in the video-with her face blurred out thus unrecognizable and feel her reputation has been damaged? Because going public with a lawsuit certainly won't do that  ::)

fraud, negligence, trespassing and intentional infliction of emotional distress, among others.

ooohhhhh, now I get it - everyone wants a piece of the Ledger cash cow before it dries up.  Disgusting.

I don't think so, she's suing a paparazzo (or two) and Splash News, Heath (or his estate) is not named in the suit.

Offline RouxB

« Reply #875 on: April 12, 2008, 09:17:35 pm »
A piece of the cash cow in the sense that he is in the news and a hot topic-not that his estate is party to the suit- and people are coming out of the wood work to take advantage of that. I suspect that had he not died (if only) there would be no lawsuit, there would be no love child, there would be no cocaine tape...

Heathen

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #876 on: April 20, 2008, 06:16:39 am »
*sigh*

The national papers here have these glossy weekend magazines. Especially the one (Dagbladet) is trying to be - I don't know - cultural, with an unexpected edge, deep-digging into serious societal issues, not just gossip and movie stars and silly fashion tips?

Well they shot themselves firmly in the foot this weekend with a portrait story on Naomi Watts and her current "Funny Games" film.
The very visible, big-font text inset into a pic of Naomi from King Kong has the following to say: For actress Naomi Watts grief and evil were parts of life long before her ex-boyfriend Heath Ledger committed suicide. (Their actual words are: ...took his life", but in Norwegian that would have only one meaning, ie. a conscious and deliberate act on Heath's part).

I'm afraid that's a false story that'll follow many a mention of Heath in future news stories to come. Journalists don't have time for and don't remember anything but the early wild speculations - when the eventual fact of the matter emerged they had apparently long since glomped onto something new and juicier.

:(

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #877 on: April 21, 2008, 12:55:31 am »
Oh dear, that is upsetting.  I hadn't thought that it would become so set in people's minds that even a newspaper, which should know better despite its pop culture bent, would get it so wrong.  :(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #878 on: April 23, 2008, 03:06:12 pm »
from the New York Daily News:

Michelle Williams stars in first movie since Heath Ledger's death

By ERIN HICKS
DAILY NEWS WRITER

Wednesday, April 23rd 2008, 1:11 PM

Michelle Williams is back on screen, just three months after ex-boyfriend Heath Ledger, the father of her daughter, was found dead in his SoHo apartment.

Her new film, "Deception," opens in theaters on Friday, April 25. It also stars Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor.

In the movie, Williams plays S, a sexy singer/songwriter, who seduces McGregor's character, Jonathan, a Manhattan corporate auditor so immersed in his business, he has no time for pleasure. That all changes after he meets Wyatt, played by Jackman, who introduces him to a mysterious sex club. Soon Jonathan finds himself the prime suspect in a woman's disappearance and a multi-million dollar heist.

Part thriller, part murder mystery, part fight club, Williams has never looked better in her role as a sexy temptress. First widely acclaimed for her role as Jen Lindley in the teen series, "Dawson's Creek," she also stared in the films "Dick," "Prozac Nation," "The Hottest State," and "Brokeback Mountain," which also earned her an Oscar nomination and a relationship with Ledger.

Williams recently spoke about Ledger for the first time since his death, telling Interview magazine in their April issue, "He had uncontrollable energy. He buzzed - his mind was turning, turning, turning - always turning."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/movies/2008/04/23/2008-04-23_michelle_williams_stars_in_first_movie_s.html
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #879 on: April 23, 2008, 03:14:54 pm »
there was  news report today saying that she had been quoted as having been 'haunted' by Heath twice and she felt at peace from his visits... I cant get a hold of the actual article at the mo tho
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/