Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142192 times)

Marge_Innavera

Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #900 on: August 05, 2008, 10:16:48 am »
it begs the question of why would she need immunity.
Can't help but wonder what she'd want immunity for.  Of course it could be something that doesn't directly relate to Heath's death, like any history of 'recreational' drug use she might have.

I'm also wondering what she'd need immunity for.  Of course, it could be something rather mundane, like any history of 'recreational' drug use she might have.

Count me in as being glad they're pursuing this.  Since TDK came out I've been hearing people refer to Heath as being a suicide, as if it's an undisputed fact and the coverage has been emphasizing that the cause of death was accidental and not an overdose.

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #901 on: August 05, 2008, 10:24:07 am »
Can't help but wonder what she'd want immunity for.  Of course it could be something that doesn't directly relate to Heath's death, like any history of 'recreational' drug use she might have.

Good point, Marge.

If, say, she does (or did) use drugs recreationally, I imagine her suppliers might be very nervous about her being questioned by law enforcement.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #902 on: August 05, 2008, 11:01:48 am »
Maybe she's worried about being blamed for delaying the arrival of the EMT by telling the masseuse to wait for her security guys.  One report had suggested Heath was still alive when he was found.  Hard to know.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Fran

« Reply #903 on: August 05, 2008, 12:11:48 pm »
All I know is that I would love to be a fly on the wall if she ever does gets questioned.  (And, of course, I'd give you guys a full report.)  :)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #904 on: August 05, 2008, 02:20:24 pm »
Maybe she's worried about being blamed for delaying the arrival of the EMT by telling the masseuse to wait for her security guys.  One report had suggested Heath was still alive when he was found.  Hard to know.

That has been the hardest thing for me to process.We know for sure he was alive when the housekeeper went to change the bulb as she heard him snoring.The fact that he passed while people were in the house is really really hard to accept.Who knows what difference a few minutes might have made.I know when I overdosed as a teenager, my mium was told we were down to the wire.Thank goodness for whatever reason she went into my room when she did.Another 10 mins. I would not be writing this.
I would like proper investigation, but I don't think I want to know the results.Didn't the Olsen girl get admitted to rehab shortly after Heaths death?

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #905 on: August 05, 2008, 02:41:44 pm »
That has been the hardest thing for me to process.We know for sure he was alive when the housekeeper went to change the bulb as she heard him snoring.The fact that he passed while people were in the house is really really hard to accept.

I don't think we know this for sure. I remember those reports from pretty early, but also remember later reports saying he was already dead (omg, this is STILL hard to type :() when the housekeeper came into the apartment and that she could not have heard him snore.
I don't know which version is true, and I doubt we'll ever know it for sure.
Remember all those stories and rumours from the first hours/days, like for example there were allegedly pills scattered around him, and other details which turned out wrong.

Offline BelAir

« Reply #906 on: August 05, 2008, 10:27:57 pm »
Mary-Kate To Be Subpoenaed In Ledger Investigation
By Access Hollywood

NEW YORK, New York -- As the investigation surrounding Heath Ledger's accidental overdose continues, the federal Drug Enforcement Administration office in New York has confirmed to Access Hollywood that they have issued a subpoena that would force Mary-Kate Olsen to testify in front of a grand jury.

continued at http://omg.yahoo.com/news/mary-kate-to-be-subpoenaed-in-ledger-investigation/11639?nc
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #907 on: August 06, 2008, 01:48:35 am »
Mary-Kate To Be Subpoenaed In Ledger Investigation
By Access Hollywood

NEW YORK, New York -- As the investigation surrounding Heath Ledger's accidental overdose continues, the federal Drug Enforcement Administration office in New York has confirmed to Access Hollywood that they have issued a subpoena that would force Mary-Kate Olsen to testify in front of a grand jury.

continued at http://omg.yahoo.com/news/mary-kate-to-be-subpoenaed-in-ledger-investigation/11639?nc

Thanks for posting this, Bel.  I keep noticing inconsistencies and inaccuracies in the reporting - this says there were five drugs in Heath's boday, not six.  The one Fran posted kept spelling it "Oxycotin," not "Oxycontin."  I can't believe it took over six months to get around to insisting on questioning Mary-Kate Olsen though.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #908 on: August 06, 2008, 01:54:25 am »

Thanks for posting this, Bel.  I keep noticing inconsistencies and inaccuracies in the reporting - this says there were five drugs in Heath's boday, not six.  The one Fran posted kept spelling it "Oxycotin," not "Oxycontin." I can't believe it took over six months to get around to insisting on questioning Mary-Kate Olsen though.

I've been wondering about this myself. Why is this taking so long?  ???
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Fran

« Reply #909 on: August 06, 2008, 01:16:32 pm »
I've been wondering about this myself. Why is this taking so long?  ???

And I suppose one could ask why the police initially issued a statement saying that they had all the information they needed and there was no need to question M-K.  Why say anything at all, especially at the beginning of an investigation?

Unless... maybe they wanted M-K to let her guard down.  (Yes, I've watched too many crime shows on TV.)  :)