Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1142216 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #950 on: January 03, 2009, 01:48:45 am »
Yay for Robert Pattinson!  8)
[/quote

and so say all of us, or all of me anyway.

Offline loneleeb3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Posting Vacation
  • I swear.............
« Reply #951 on: January 03, 2009, 03:33:26 pm »
when a funnyman
Doesn't sound very funny to me.
Y'all would be visitin me in the pokey cause I'd a beat his ass. What a jerk. >:(
"The biggest obstacle to most of us achieving our dreams isn't reality, it's our own fear"

"Saint Paul had his Epiphany on the road to Damascus, Mine was on Brokeback Mountain"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #952 on: January 04, 2009, 10:27:41 am »
On 2nd Jan, Celebrity Big Bro started in the UK.

Mini-me from the Austin Powers movie - Verne Troyer - is in it.

Anyway. I had been out for food with my family and got home late. Callum and I often watch tv for 5 to ten minutes when we get into bed, just for noise mostly. Anyway. the channel it had been on earlier came on when we switched on the tv and it was live streaming of the new big brother house (I don't know if they do that in the US but its just streaming of the cameras and its innane chat and they switch back and forth on different cameras)

so we were like - oh we'll keep it on this to see if we actually KNOW the celebs, ha ha!

An mini me was talking about Heath with another guy. It stayed on him for about 2 minutes and then moved on. I was like NOOOO stay on him!

Apparently they worked togther on The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. He was explaining to another contenstant how they managed to get Jude, Jonny Depp and Colin Farrell into the script with the use of the magic mirror and how they donated their earnings to Matilda. He said he would have done the same if he could have afforded to.

He was extremly complementary about Heath. What a lovely, personable down to earth guy and what an amazing actor he was - he spoke about darl night an the the contestant was like I saw the dark nght with my kids and he was really good. And verne was like yup - he deserves and oscar nomination and the other guy was like folk will just say its cose hes dead, and verne was like yeah ofcourse there will be those whispering but he was amazing he deserves at least a nomination. And then he said I mean - Brokeback Mountain - he was absolutely robbed by not getting the Oscar for that blah blah and was going on to talk about how good the film was when it moved to another camera.

I was like NOOOOOOOO!!!

So who knew, Verne Troyer - aka mini me - is a) a serious actor b) with serious points of view and c) has good taste in films & friends!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #953 on: January 04, 2009, 12:33:00 pm »
On 2nd Jan, Celebrity Big Bro started in the UK.

Mini-me from the Austin Powers movie - Verne Troyer - is in it.

Anyway. I had been out for food with my family and got home late. Callum and I often watch tv for 5 to ten minutes when we get into bed, just for noise mostly. Anyway. the channel it had been on earlier came on when we switched on the tv and it was live streaming of the new big brother house (I don't know if they do that in the US but its just streaming of the cameras and its innane chat and they switch back and forth on different cameras)

so we were like - oh we'll keep it on this to see if we actually KNOW the celebs, ha ha!

An mini me was talking about Heath with another guy. It stayed on him for about 2 minutes and then moved on. I was like NOOOO stay on him!

Apparently they worked togther on The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus. He was explaining to another contenstant how they managed to get Jude, Jonny Depp and Colin Farrell into the script with the use of the magic mirror and how they donated their earnings to Matilda. He said he would have done the same if he could have afforded to.

He was extremly complementary about Heath. What a lovely, personable down to earth guy and what an amazing actor he was - he spoke about darl night an the the contestant was like I saw the dark nght with my kids and he was really good. And verne was like yup - he deserves and oscar nomination and the other guy was like folk will just say its cose hes dead, and verne was like yeah ofcourse there will be those whispering but he was amazing he deserves at least a nomination. And then he said I mean - Brokeback Mountain - he was absolutely robbed by not getting the Oscar for that blah blah and was going on to talk about how good the film was when it moved to another camera.

I was like NOOOOOOOO!!!

So who knew, Verne Troyer - aka mini me - is a) a serious actor b) with serious points of view and c) has good taste in films & friends!

Kelda, that's great that you tuned in at just the right moment to hear Verne talking about Heath.  Someone posted an interview with Verne Troyer not long after Heath passed, it must be somewhere in the Remembrance Forum, and his grief was incredibly moving.  He and some other cast members got a tattoo of a heart (it was part of a note Heath wrote) in honor of Heath's memory.  I also remember seeing him on one of the specials about Heath, and he was really torn up over it.  :'(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline optom3

« Reply #954 on: January 05, 2009, 09:14:52 am »
Kelda, that's great that you tuned in at just the right moment to hear Verne talking about Heath.  Someone posted an interview with Verne Troyer not long after Heath passed, it must be somewhere in the Remembrance Forum, and his grief was incredibly moving.  He and some other cast members got a tattoo of a heart (it was part of a note Heath wrote) in honor of Heath's memory.  I also remember seeing him on one of the specials about Heath, and he was really torn up over it.  :'(

I remember seeing that interview, it is on youtube as well and Verne is actually crying, when he talks about how amazing Heath was. It is such a lovely tribute he pays him and before seeing that, I really had not thought much about him. I felt ashamed when I saw what a kind and sensitive guy he is.

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #955 on: January 08, 2009, 09:46:14 am »
TDK won 5 People's Choice Awards.

Video: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7817279.stm

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #956 on: January 08, 2009, 09:47:31 am »
Ledger's friends to judge new actor's scholarship

An esteemed panel made up of Heath Ledger's close friends and peers has agreed to judge the winner of a US scholarship named in honour of the late Australian actor.

The Heath Ledger Scholarship will give an emerging Australian actor a boost in making it in Hollywood.

As well as $US10,000 ($14,000) and a return Qantas airfare to Los Angeles, the scholarship, organised by LA-based non-profit Australians in Film (AIF), will open doors for the actor to Hollywood studios and powerbrokers.

The judging panel includes Gregor Jordan, who directed Ledger in Ned Kelly, leading Hollywood casting agent Ann Fay, Australian actress Rachel Griffiths, and Hollywood producer and Ledger's first US-based agent, Steve Alexander.

Two of Ledger's high-profile exes, Naomi Watts and Michelle Williams, have thrown their support behind the scholarship.

Hugh Jackman, Deborra Lee Furness and Nicole Kidman also contributed as benefactors, along with corporate donors Qantas, Branding Iron, Loeb and Loeb, Showcast, and World Nomads.

"We are fortunate to have a judging panel and benefactors comprised of such leaders in the entertainment community who add immeasurably to the integrity and prestige of the scholarship," AIF president Susie Dobson said.

Nominations have closed and the winner will be announced next month.
"Because Rachel, Ann, Gregor and Steve worked with and knew Heath well, their presence adds a special personal dimension to the panel," said AIF board vice president and scholarship committee chairwoman Paula Paizes.

Ledger, 28, died from an accidental prescription drug overdose a year ago.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/08/2461916.htm?section=entertainment

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #957 on: January 08, 2009, 10:18:44 am »

I second that. I just watched the clip (can´t find when where he mentions BBM though) on youtube. It was very moving when he mentioned the tattoo.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #958 on: January 08, 2009, 03:09:09 pm »
I second that. I just watched the clip (can´t find when where he mentions BBM though) on youtube. It was very moving when he mentioned the tattoo.

can you pint me towards the clip?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #959 on: January 08, 2009, 03:26:55 pm »
can you pint me towards the clip?
here you go