Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1151668 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #200 on: January 28, 2008, 10:07:29 pm »

Also in this morning's Sydney Morning Herald, Tues 29 Jan 2008:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/heath-ledger/i-miss-him-terribly/2008/01/29/1201369094178.html
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #201 on: January 28, 2008, 10:20:08 pm »

Sydney Morning Herald tribute to Heath. Lots of articles:

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/heath-ledger/index.html
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #202 on: January 29, 2008, 03:42:41 am »
A minor quibble, but careless for the NYT. The very oldest Baby Boomers were barely 10 in 1955. I doubt they were the main ones grieving James Dean.

You know, I was bugged by that too, but then forgot by the end of the article.  I'm doing that a lot.  There are several things I observed when I saw I'm Not There yesterday that I really wanted to share with you all, but can't seem to access what they were.

Back to the NYT - there have been a few articles of theirs about Heath that were garbly and poorly edited for flow.  Whaddup with them? 

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #203 on: January 29, 2008, 03:49:11 am »
Also in this morning's Sydney Morning Herald, Tues 29 Jan 2008:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/heath-ledger/i-miss-him-terribly/2008/01/29/1201369094178.html

That was a nice article about Chris Nolan, but honestly, when his picture came on my screen, the first thought I had was that HE looked like  my old mental image of the Joker.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #204 on: January 29, 2008, 07:08:15 am »

The terse, pitifully inadequate Time magazine obituary. In the same issue (Feb 4) they dedicated three  pages (including a full-page photo) to Sylvester Stallone !!! Very disappointing.

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1706753,00.html

And as for the bit about, "He (Heath) leaves behind a too small body of films . . .", how many films did James Dean "leave behind"?
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #206 on: January 29, 2008, 09:40:52 am »
The Answer B!tch from E!Online gives us a bit of information about the mystery masseuse...

Who's this mystery masseuse, anyway?

So, who is this massage therapist who was with Heath Ledger right after he died? How come she kept calling Mary-Kate Olsen before finally calling 911? Who does that?
—Amy, Hoboken, New Jersey

The B!tch Replies:  Now, now. Before you go slapping around Diana Wolozin, let's be fair. She may not have a license to practice in the state of New York, but she does, apparently, have a Chihuahua. Perhaps he's the one with the license, using his padded little feet to pummel away at the stubborn muscle knots of the stars, all while Diana makes ill-fated telephone calls. Really. This is show business. You never, ever know.

Here's what we do know about the Upper West Side celebrity masseuse who reportedly helped discover Heath Ledger's lifeless body earlier this month:

1. She's a bit of a ghost. Information has no current landline listings for her. She has no business website or blog. She has never been quoted—as a massage expert or in any other capacity—in any major media outlet. I also attempted to reach a relative of hers for comment; no response.

2. Wolozin does not have the license required to practice her craft in the state of New York. Practicing without a license is a potential felony.

3. However, the NYPD told me today it isn't pursuing Wolozin for her lack of license. Instead, a department spokesman told me, that's up to state regulators.

4. The state hasn't said whether it will go after Wolozin or what possible punishment it could pursue. The State Education Department, which regulates massage therapists, didn't return my call seeking elaboration.

5. And she doesn't appear to keep company with other masseuses. "We don't seem to have anyone by that name as a member," a spokeswoman for the American Massage Therapy Association told me.

6. She really, really doesn't want to talk about Heath. At least not to anyone other than Mary-Kate Olsen, also one of her clients. When reporters approached her at her Upper West Side home earlier this week, she, per the New York Post, hissed, "Go away! Go away!"

7. So, as to why she kept calling the actress instead of immediately dialing 911 after discovering Heath's lifeless form, no one is really sure. Yet.

8. The cops don't have a problem with her, as far as Ledger is concerned. They say she has fully cooperated with them in their investigation into the actor's death.

I have no doubt we'll hear from Wolozin, or her Chihuahua, eventually.

http://www.eonline.com/print/index.jsp?uuid=cb109866-a4b6-459c-9ca8-5c04c4e78e11&contentType=answerBitch
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline ennisjack

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #207 on: January 29, 2008, 09:42:48 am »
  Not sure if this is the place to post this. If it's not, please, let me know.

I found this this morning while googling the news. I read it a found it to be a stirring tribute to our sweet angel.

http://www.dissidentvoice.org/2008/01/on-the-death-of-heath-ledger/

EJ
If ya can't fix it, ya gotta stand it; If ya can't stand it, ya gotta fix it; If ya can't do either one then ya either need some serious help or yer screwed

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #208 on: January 29, 2008, 09:50:19 am »
from the New York Daily News:

Heath Ledger to be buried in 25G mahogany casket

By RICH SCHAPIRO
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Tuesday, January 29th 2008, 4:00 AM

LOS ANGELES - Heath Ledger's body will be laid to rest in a $25,000 mahogany casket lined with cream-colored velvet, the Daily News has learned.

The handmade Concord mahogany casket is considered one of the finest wooden coffins on the market.

"It's a very, very beautiful casket - really special, really fancy," a source told The News.

The 28-year-old actor was found dead - naked and facedown on his bed - inside his SoHo loft last Tuesday. Authorities suspect the "Brokeback Mountain" heartthrob's shocking death may be linked to the six types of prescription drugs found in his bedroom.

Ledger, a rising star in Hollywood known for his brooding personality and complex roles, is expected to be buried in his native Perth, Australia.

Funeral plans remain shrouded in secrecy, but the Bowra & O'Dea funeral home in Midland Australia, is believed to be handling the arrangements.

The century-old funeral home is just a couple of miles away from Guildford, where Ledger attended grammar school in the 1980s.

Mike Ledger, Heath's uncle, told Australian news services that the family was still finalizing plans, but they were considering holding a private wake at Guildford Grammar.

Employees at Bowra & O'Dea were tight-lipped yesterday.

"I don't have any information I can tell you, sorry," a manager said when asked when Ledger's body would be received.

Ledger was memorialized by family members and a handful of A-list celebrities in a private service at a Los Angeles celebrity mortuary Saturday night.

In attendance were Michelle Williams, his ex-girlfriend and mother of his 2-year-old daughter, and the actress Naomi Watts, who dated the Oscar-nominated actor for nearly two years.

Ledger's lifeless body was discovered last week by a masseuse who repeatedly called celebrity twin Mary-Kate Olsen for help before she dialed 911.

Olsen dispatched her bodyguards to her celebrity pal's apartment; they arrived at the same time as emergency medical technicians, police sources say. Police officials have stated repeatedly they're not interested in questioning Olsen.

[email protected]

With David Cohen in Midland, Australia

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2008/01/29/2008-01-29_heath_ledger_to_be_buried_in_25g_mahogan.html
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #209 on: January 29, 2008, 09:59:19 am »
from Ace Showbiz:

Michelle Williams' 'Blue Valentine' On Hold

January 29, 2008 06:36:30 GMT
by Staff Writer

Having its leading actress, Michelle Williams, grieving for the sudden death of her former lover, the THINKFilm's upcoming romantic comedy "Blue Valentine" has been postponed indefinitely. According to People, the Derek Cianfrance directed-film is put on hold to give the former "Dawson's Creek" cast member time to cope from the death of Heath Ledger.

To People, an insider said, "We will hold off until she is ready. The production is in the process of sorting it out in respect to her." Elaborating on the postponement news, the source then added, "We're hoping she will still come back and do the film and are happy to wait. The film is tailor made for those two so of course we would want to wait. You can't get much better than them."

Supposedly, "Blue" starts filming on February 25. The movie starring also Ryan Gosling is a relationship drama focused on a young couple, David and Cindy, who are struggling with their marriage. Their problem is that while Cindy has blossomed into a woman with opportunities and options, David is still the same person he was when they met and is unable to accept either Cindy's growth or his lack of it.

Williams was engaged to Ledger and have a 2-year-old daughter Matilda from the relationship. Last September, they have decided to split after three years together. When Ledger passed away last week on January 22, the 27-year-old actress had just finished filming her last scene in the film "Mammuth" in Sweden.

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00013795.html