Author Topic: Heath Ledger - News Accounts  (Read 1144349 times)

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger - News Accounts
« Reply #230 on: January 29, 2008, 08:50:45 pm »
If he hung out with the likes of Mary Kate Olsen or Helena Christensen....

I had read somewhere -- most likely BetterMost -- that Heath was being considered for the role of the late Michael Hutchence in some upcoming movie.  Interestingly enough, Helena Christensen lived with Hutchence before he hooked up with Paula Yates. Maybe that's what that was all about.

As for MKO, I don't think I'll ever understand the "why" of that one.  :)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #231 on: January 29, 2008, 09:49:17 pm »
It is curious to watch this all unfold, because rarely have I ever followed a sensational news story about a celebrity death so closely.  I have ignored the news media, particularly television - for over twenty years.

It could have been much, much worse.  Think Britney Spears....
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #232 on: January 30, 2008, 10:00:17 am »
I had read somewhere -- most likely BetterMost -- that Heath was being considered for the role of the late Michael Hutchence in some upcoming movie.  Interestingly enough, Helena Christensen lived with Hutchence before he hooked up with Paula Yates. Maybe that's what that was all about.

As for MKO, I don't think I'll ever understand the "why" of that one.  :)

I posted that. I think it might be on this thread, actually. It was a commentary from Michael Hutchence's mother talking about reaching out to the Ledger family. She said that Heath was being considered to play her son in an upcoming bioipic.

Edited to add: Here it is: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php/topic,16517.msg325168.html#msg325168

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #233 on: January 30, 2008, 10:04:25 am »
It could have been much, much worse.  Think Britney Spears....

Eeeew.  :P
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #234 on: January 30, 2008, 10:25:02 am »
This isn't a pleasant thing to be posting.

Us magazine is gearing up to have Heath on their next cover, and if what they've posted online is any indication it's going to be a full-blown hatchet job.

I'm not posting this to upset people but in hopes that a lot of us here will post rebuttals. Some of the comments already posted are of the predictable variety: "Hollywood lifestyle" this and "mess around with drugs & get what you deserve" that but so far most of the reaction has been very negative with more than one person taking Us to task and saying they ought to let Heath rest in peace. I just posted (as "talkstocoyotes", an alternate screen name) that the medical examiner, after a full week, still doesn't know what Heath died of but that doesn't stop the gossipmongers.

For the preview and to comment, see http://www.usmagazine.com/heath_ledger_refused_to_get_out_of_car_to_enter_rehab_in_2006 

yb

« Reply #235 on: January 30, 2008, 10:43:33 am »
To be honest, I had expected this kind of negative articles to come out any time after Heath's death, but I'm not too bothered by them at this stage.  Perhaps because I've been warmed by so many beautiful tributes from so many people in the entertainment business and the columnists.  If Heath was so bad as the article described, I don't think we would have seen so many heartfelt tributes.  Maybe I am naive, but that's how I feel and I don't care.  :)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #236 on: January 30, 2008, 11:00:45 am »
Now that's a good, positive attitude, yb. I need to work on that.

That is a vile and disgusting pile of crap, in my opinion. I'm not going to even dignify it by bothering to post a comment on the site.

I remember the pictures and images of Heath in 2006--how vibrant and happy he was, how handsome he looked. I am sorry, that is not the portrait of a man who is battling a dual addiction to heroin and cocaine.

My 2 cents.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

yb

« Reply #237 on: January 30, 2008, 11:06:56 am »
In fact, I hadn't read the article yet and I'm not intending to, but I had fully expected this kind of articles will appear given the speculations surrounding Heath's death.  I fully believe that if Heath was such a crappy person, he wouldn't have been loved by so many people who had worked with him and the columnists who had interviewed him before, and I take their words much more than some random people.  That being said, maybe I would be very upset if I had read the article but my heart is not ready for those craps yet, so I'll just give them a pass now.

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #238 on: January 30, 2008, 11:14:47 am »
Yes, there have been a number of beautiful tributes but this magazine is going to be on just about every checkout stand in the U.S. and most of the tributes aren't going to be. IMO, there needs to be a lot of rebuttal or it's a kind of consent via silence.

At any rate, I've left a comment; and if anyone disapproves of that, too bad; they'll just have to live with it.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #239 on: January 30, 2008, 11:14:57 am »
I agree Leslie - he's never looked happier, healthier, more at ease and less fidgety than back in those days of the Oscar hoopla - and that despite the fact that the two of them had such a stressful schedule, travelling and promoting, and their small baby to care for, too.

Also even if I wanted to (which I don't) I could never wrap my mind around reconciling the shit this article is serving up about him and Michelle with the man who went down to Australia to film Candy and according to a named source's tribute was still "literally beside himself in his love for M". On that background he's supposed to have been filming a story where heroin addiction gets the better of his character and causes him to hurt and eventually lose the love of his life.... while that was simultaneously going on in RL?

I don't know what Heath got up to in his private life and it makes no difference to me, his films remain for me to cherish. But the sheer idiocy and improbability of these ugly gossip tales still has me up in arms despite myself.

Perhaps the tabloid "sources" happened to watch Candy and thought it was a documentary.  ::) Except I won't credit them with the ability to sit through a whole serious motion picture.

'nuff said.