Author Topic: On This Tragic Occasion...  (Read 46250 times)

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
Re: On This Tragic Occasion...
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2008, 09:15:11 pm »
Might this cheer you up a little? Some mad preacher is going to say it's God's wrath for sympathetically portraying a ho mo sexual...

Offline EDelMar

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • self-photo up on Brokenback
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2008, 09:28:59 pm »

Offline mario

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2008, 09:32:46 pm »
we came here originally crying, trying desperately to make sense of what we had just seen on screen.....and found a community of the like-minded, of the fine, good people of this world......and now we come again crying, seeking solace in our far-flung community, world-wide actually......James Dean, River Phoenix, and now Heath Ledger......the gods giveth, the gods taketh away.....whether suicide, or drug overdose....doesn't matter really....he is gone......and we mourn....oh how we mourn......and will continue to mourn....the characters, the roles he could've had, would have created....all lost now......Batman is a must see now.....tho not as we imagined it.....i prefer to remember him as Cassanova, which i saw after BBM......so carefree, so light, so lovely....so having fun.....oh my golden boy, yu have broken my heart.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: January 22, 2008, 10:29:40 pm »
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #14 on: January 22, 2008, 10:50:41 pm »
Thank you for making this special section Phillip. I know everyone needs it.

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2008, 11:01:35 pm »
I just got the news on-line in Korea here...and  I'm sitting here in shocked tears....   I can hardly believe it.   It feels much like Jack dying in the movie only this it true life.  I know everyone will be terribly upset today and for a good while we will feel a great sadness.  Different scenes from Brokeback Mt keep appearing and disappearing in my mind.  I'm so sad and even if I tell myself to be thankful for a superb actor to have played a role that gave our community such a great gift, I can't feel anything today but grief.  I hope to see you here my friends, we need each other now.

Loved in Life, Loved in Death

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2008, 11:21:26 pm »
Might this cheer you up a little? Some mad preacher is going to say it's God's wrath for sympathetically portraying a ho mo sexual...

It doesn't cheer me, and if any preacher or lay person were take a shot like that by saying such a stupid thing they would be so off the mark concerning the Divine that the best thing to say in reply would be...  "We're tired of your dumb ass missin'!"  Then send them some pics of what love can look like just to excite them!   If I keep such images in my mind today, they help soften the sadness somewhat. ..

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2008, 11:34:58 pm »
Don't know if I am posting in the right place, but a report says that the death was accidental, and that Heath was suffering from pneumonia at the time.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2008, 11:42:25 pm »
The BetterMost family will be here for you, as we always have been, and this forum has been established to allow you to share your thoughts and get support from one another.  We will be planning several events to help the community through today's news, and you will find all such information right here.

Thanks Phil.  Rayn

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2008, 11:47:49 pm »
Don't know if I am posting in the right place, but a report says that the death was accidental, and that Heath was suffering from pneumonia at the time.
Really? If this is true, I'd be hurting less. He took those pills then, just to be able to sleep a little...

Still, so sad.

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -