Author Topic: On This Tragic Occasion...  (Read 46633 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: On This Tragic Occasion...
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2008, 11:58:42 pm »
Really? If this is true, I'd be hurting less. He took those pills then, just to be able to sleep a little...

Still, so sad.

j.U.d.E.

All accounts I've heard are totally discounting the suicide theory, Jude.  I don't think anyone believes that to be the case at all. Sad, no matter what, but -- like you said --some comfort in the fact that it wasn't intentional.

This from an NYT interview in November:

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” Ledger told the newspaper. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” He said he took two Ambien pills, which only worked for an hour, the paper said.

"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2008, 12:10:36 am »

“Last week I probably slept an average of two hours a night,” Ledger told the newspaper. “I couldn’t stop thinking. My body was exhausted, and my mind was still going.” He said he took two Ambien pills, which only worked for an hour, the paper said.

Why was he in so much pain.  Depression?  Exhaustion for working too hard?  What was goin' on with him, does anyone know yet?

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2008, 12:24:22 am »
.i prefer to remember him as Cassanova, which i saw after BBM......so carefree, so light, so lovely....so having fun.....oh my golden boy, yu have broken my heart.

I feel the same way Mario (welcome, BTW). I was trying to xplain in chat just a couple nites ago why I liked Heath in Casanova so much. It was so great to see him smiling and a twinkle in his eye! He said one time that he took that part just to shake off the gloom that he felt after BBM, but I fear he wasn't able to totally shake it.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2008, 12:46:54 am »
I think I'll logoff for a while..
It felt good to write this little poem.

Rest In Peace

May you sleep softly tonight
Rest your head upon the clouds
Close your eyes and sleep tight

May you sleep softly and find rest
Then may you soar far away from this place
Back home, to your very own blissful nest

May you find solace on this and all days
Look down often with a smile
Rest in peace.  Rest in peace for always.

Brokie Hugs to all,
~M

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2008, 12:52:49 am »
God, that poem is so beautiful and so is that picture! I wish I could do that! Thanks Milli!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2008, 01:15:29 am »
All accounts I've heard are totally discounting the suicide theory, Jude.  I don't think anyone believes that to be the case at all. Sad, no matter what, but -- like you said --some comfort in the fact that it wasn't intentional.

This from an NYT interview in November:

Thank you Shasta.

I wonder then, why was he found lying on the floor and not 'asleep' in his bed? I'm asking silly questions, I know, but it's just all so unbelievable..

I just really can't grasp it yet.. I'm between angry, sadness and disbelieffff..

j.U.d.E.
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2008, 01:32:33 am »
Why was he in so much pain.  Depression?  Exhaustion for working too hard?  What was goin' on with him, does anyone know yet?

From what I can gather, he was haunted and distraught over his role as the Joker in the new Bat Man movie because the Joker is so evil and hateful. Apparently he struggled with the role and it kept him up at night thinking about it. This is what I've been hearing from the media reports.

Once again this just shows us what a brilliant and dedicated actor Heath was. He was willing to take on and tackle any role, no matter how difficult.

Poor Heath! :(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2008, 02:02:19 am »
I wonder then, why was he found lying on the floor and not 'asleep' in his bed? I'm asking silly questions, I know, but it's just all so unbelievable..

Hi sweetie.

They retracted that. Apparently he was found on his bed, and was moved to the floor as they tried to resuscitate him from apparent cardiac arrest.

:(

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2008, 02:17:45 am »
It's 7 am. I'm sitting here shaking and crying. I just heard. I can't believe it.

On this most tragic occasion, I see a large number of familiar faces of folks who have found their way back to our community to come together and grieve this most terrible news.

The BetterMost family will be here for you, as we always have been, and this forum has been established to allow you to share your thoughts and get support from one another.  We will be planning several events to help the community through today's news, and you will find all such information right here.

If you've been away for a long time, I welcome you back.  Our journeys together carry forward, but we pause and reflect on the remarkable performance of a young actor who changed the lives of so many of us... forever.

thank you Phillip!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2008, 02:21:00 am »

((((((((((Fabienne))))))))))
Ich bin ein Brokie...