Author Topic: Bringing Me Back... So Much in the Silence...  (Read 4574 times)

Offline TheStudDuck!

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Bringing Me Back... So Much in the Silence...
« on: January 22, 2008, 09:04:04 pm »
A very saddened howdy to my broken-hearted Brokies...

I know I'm one from the early, early days and I've not been around here in quite some time (not since we migrated from IMDb over to this permanent home), but this community is something that I spoke of often with my significant other who has entered my life since I disappeared.  This community has always been something I've kept in my heart and been more than willing to share with others... friends who surrounded me with the love for the same story and the same storytelling...

My sharing this is why my girlfriend called me at work immediately upon hearing this news.  She knew I would want to hear.  Even though I know that I can in no way feel the hurt the way some of my other Brokies are feeling it, my heart still cries.

I didn't even know what to say.  It was like that conversation between Ennis and Lureen over the telephone... just so much of it was in the silence, as opposed to the words.

I wanted to make a simple post telling all of the people who I grew to know and care about during that now distant (and not so distant) era... and even those who came later and did not have a chance to share in this love with me... that my thoughts and my prayers and my mourning and grievance is 100% shared, forever.  Forever.

You're always welcome to send me something ([email protected])... or just post something here.

Love, love,
David, The Stud Duck

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: Bringing Me Back... So Much in the Silence...
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 09:29:22 pm »
Thanks for your thoughts, David.  It's nice to see you again, though the reason is so hard, so hard.... :'(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 10:05:23 pm »
Oh, Studly.  My old friend.

It's so awful and wonderful to be in contact again.  I hope you know that since we old Tremblay-ites faded into other things, I've often thought about you and hoped fervently that you were well and happy.  We've never actually met each other, but you hold a special place in my heart, you know that?  It's odd how people crawl in there and take up residence in your memory.

I know these aren't the best circumstances, but just seeing your name up there lightened my heart just a fraction on this heavy, heavy day.

The same goes for so many of you:  Ndatmo, Elle, Ednbarby, Isabelle, Starboardlight, Henrypie, Newyear, Roland, Kelda, Yaadpyar, Nicpic - and oh, so may of you whose names I can't pull out of my sad brain, but I still love so much.

Jmmgallagher, I was so desperately glad to see your name.  Do you know how worried I've been about you over the last couple of years?  When the History Boys movie came out, I went and thought of you, and hoped you were well enough to admire Dominic Cooper's bootie.  Please tell me you're feeling better and in bootie-admiring form these days.  I mean, not today, but...well...yesterday, maybe.

I've missed you, all.  Really.  My heart is so full, I can barely stand it.

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2008, 10:12:32 pm »
Looks like Heath's death has brought quite a few of us back here...

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 10:44:12 pm »
Hello, dearest Chanterais--

Yes, what a sad, sad evening for such good old friends to meet--

Such a lot of water under the bridge. Dominic Cooper's bootie! You'll never guess, but I was supposed to see 'The History Boys' on Broadway in New York (I had seen it twice in London the year before) on Friday, April 14, 2006, but I was too sick to go--and two days later, I had my stroke. Ugh.

Well, for you, here's a little bit of Dominic Cooper from YouTube:

&feature=related

It's cute and it's funny, and it has absolutely NOTHING TO DO, nothing, about poor Heath. But you'll know why I mean--it's like when you go to a funeral, or a wake, you have a glass of good champagne, you laugh a little, you cry a little, and you talk about silly things, and about VERY important things with very oldest, bestest friends.

(My reading still stinks, but I've been able to WRITE quite a bit since just August 2007--)

Poor Heath--

Really, it's too much--

xxxx
John
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline montferrat

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • "hunh?!"
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2008, 10:47:08 pm »
Well, I guess I'll chime in too, from one old Tremblayan to another...Hello David. Never ceases to amaze me how a sorrowful occasion can draw people together. I wish you well.

Paul
"hunh?!" ~ Ennis Del Mar

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 12:44:08 am »
It is wonderfullly comforting to see you all here again. Welcome, welcome. Come in, have a cup of coffee, piece a cherry cake. I also saw Sara (henrypie) and Sheyne, and heard from rt today too. It's good to come together in these sad times for old times sake.

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 04:25:50 pm »
(((((HUGS TO OLD AND NEW MEMBERS OF MY FAMILY)))

ps Chanterais - are you in the UK these days?
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Scott6373

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 04:28:01 pm »
It's wonderful to see you guys again.  Please don't be strangers...we're all here for each other in this life.

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2008, 01:23:20 am »
Looks like Heath's death has brought quite a few of us back here...

Yes, it is wonderful to hear from old BBM friends, even under these circumstances.

Pete
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?