Author Topic: Bringing Brokies together.  (Read 10086 times)

Offline KristinDaBomb

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
    • My Blog
Bringing Brokies together.
« on: January 23, 2008, 12:59:29 am »
It is so sad seeing so many people upset. But in a way, touching, to see all friends, old and new, brought together. I haven't been around much or posted a lot, but I feel lucky to be a part of this community. It looks like a lot of memories are on here and it touches my heart.

This movie changed my life and I am devastated to hear of Heath's passing. It is truly heartbreaking and I wish it wasn't true.
xoxo

~Kristin~

<3

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • ...a love that will never grow old
Re: Bringing Brokies together.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 01:24:28 am »
It's a good place to be, isn't it?

Heathen

Offline BBM-Cat

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 01:26:34 am »
It's a good place to be, isn't it?

It sure is - once again, Heath brings us together.
Six-word Stories:  ~Jack: Lightning Flat, lightning love, flat denied   ~Ennis: Open space: flat tire, tire iron?

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 01:57:13 am »
This movie changed my life and I am devastated to hear of Heath's passing. It is truly heartbreaking and I wish it wasn't true.

Me too... even as I am aware of how it brings us together... I can think of countless other reasons for that and I know everyone else can too.   I'm leaving the site now, to get through a day, but thanks friends for helping me get through it.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 06:27:11 am »
I left work early. Couldn't get anything done anyway. I sat there listening to normal chit chat about work, survived a half hour meeting and then decided to go home.

I'm rembering all the brokie hugs I've gotten so far. I've been fortunate enough to have received a lot of them. I need them right now. I'm glad I can be here.  :'(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 09:17:17 am »

:) during this solemn time, it is so nice to see the old names pop in - glad to see them,
     just wish it was for something infinitely more enjoyable.......................... :'(
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 09:55:07 am »
have been meaning to come here to see how everyone has been, but let distractions and life get in the way, now to come back to this. Its like losing 2 people you love. Heath and Ennis. I have to go to work, but will be back later and catch up. i have to remember my family is here. and hi to everyone that has NO idea who i am..my own fault.  Heath. I am so so sad.
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 04:23:40 pm »
Hi maggiesmommie - good to see you - evn in face of this tragedy - good to see everyone - its nice to know we have other people we can reply on right now. And to all you new members or even lurkers - welcome - we know how you feel.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 04:57:44 pm »
I was at a physics conference in the south of Holland and I couldn't get away to be on Bettermost. Then I had to travel three hours back home. All I wanted to do was log on here and talk to fellow-Brokies. Nobody understands what I feel but my fellow-Brokies.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2008, 12:33:28 am »
Welcome back, old Friends.  I wish it were for a happy reason, but BetterMost is proving its real solid gold value right now, isn't it?

Heath, you brought us together in the first place.  It's only right that we come together now for you.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...