Author Topic: Major Developments Update: Last updated 2/8/08  (Read 33023 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: Major Developments Update! - Thu 4:42pm ET/2142 UTC
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2008, 03:42:12 am »

Friday January 25, 04:10 PM
Ledger's family struggles with loss
Heath Ledger was an "old soul" in a young man's body, his grieving family says.

And his legacy would be his two-year-old daughter Matilda, the 28-year-old actor's family said in a newspaper death notice.

"How do we describe our sudden and tragic loss," the family said of the acclaimed Perth-born actor's death in a New York apartment.

"You were the most amazing 'old soul' in a young man's body.

"As a close knit and very private family we have observed you so determined yet quietly travelling in your self-styled path in life, nothing would get in your way ... no mountain too tall, no river too wide.

"You dreamed your dreams and lived them with passion and intelligent commitment.

"We have been privileged to accompany you on a ride through life that has simply been amazing and through it all we have loved each other beyond imagination."

Ledger's family said his true legacy would be his daughter with actor Michelle Williams, from whom he split last year.

"Our hearts are broken..."

In a separate notice, Ledger's father Kim wrote: "Heatho, Beef ... my beautiful boy, so loving, so talented, so independent ... so no more chess games mate ... this is it, couldn't beat you anyway.

"We were one, in soul and commitment, just ... father and son."

The actor's sister Kate said she could "hardly breathe" as she tried to write her tribute.

"We were the ultimate soul mates," she said.

"You were so many things to so many people, but to me you were just my little brother.

"You will never leave my thoughts, 'Roast', ever."

Ledger's mother Sally Ledger-Bell said the family would always be there for his daughter.

Other family members, friends and Ledger's old school, Guildford Grammar School, also paid tribute to the actor.

His immediate family will attend a memorial service for the actor in the United States, a family friend says.

Perth Model Sophie Ward says the family will fly to Los Angeles for the service, to be held before his body is returned to Perth for burial, The West Australian reports
[/b]
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2008, 04:04:58 am »
Beautiful.  I believe this closeness was real.  Thank you for posting, Sue.

But Sophie Ward needs to shut it.

Offline adamblast

• Don't Say Much
  • That's where our hearts both belong
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2008, 03:35:29 pm »
His immediate family will attend a memorial service for the actor in the United States, a family friend says.

Perth Model Sophie Ward says the family will fly to Los Angeles for the service, to be held before his body is returned to Perth for burial, The West Australian reports

I'm thrilled they're coming to LA for the SoCal Memorial service, but... 

That means they *MAY* have to deal with the Westboro Klan afterall...  I was hoping the family would be spared their ugliness, since they announced they'd only picket in the States...

I'm really anxious that they're going to ruin this and cause lots more pain.  That's their specialty, and they've been at it for 10 years...

"...never enough time, never enough..."
Heath Ledger 1979 - 2008

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2008, 07:32:45 pm »
Warning to sensitive news watchers:

TMZ.com has video of Heath's coffin being moved in New York.  You may come across this in news reports this evening, so if you want to avoid it, it might be best to keep tuned to MSNBC since Anderson Cooper has already stated he will not be doing any news items on Heath this evening, since there is no significant news to report.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

injest

« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2008, 09:41:27 pm »
Warning to sensitive news watchers:

TMZ.com has video of Heath's coffin being moved in New York.  You may come across this in news reports this evening, so if you want to avoid it, it might be best to keep tuned to MSNBC since Anderson Cooper has already stated he will not be doing any news items on Heath this evening, since there is no significant news to report.

?

I thought Anderson Cooper was on CNN?

Offline Katie77

« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2008, 10:00:45 pm »
For anyone who wants Australian news....im not sure if it works for you overseas, but try this.....www.yahoo.com.au........put the "au" at the end and you should get into the aussie version of yahoo news......there is a whole segment on news of Heath.....

yb

« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2008, 10:17:28 pm »
But Sophie Ward needs to shut it.

I agree. 

Offline Katie77

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 10:21:55 pm »
in fairness to Sophie...the media probably approached her...not she them.....

Offline BBMGrandma

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Jack....I swear.....
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 10:33:10 pm »
Thank you Katie....that link worked for me here in California.  So much to read.  Why is it that we feel the need to read EVERY single word about our dear Heath??  A need to hold on...for as long as possible??  Perhaps to find something that says....'It's all a mistake....?  Whatever it is.....I find myself almost breathless with sadness.    :'(
"If we never dream....we'll never have a dream come true"   (me...myself...and I)

Offline Katie77

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2008, 10:37:06 pm »
glad it worked....wasnt sure if it would.....