Author Topic: Major Developments Update: Last updated 2/8/08  (Read 33046 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Major Developments Update: Last updated 1/27/08
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2008, 03:42:39 pm »
Thank you, Chrissi.

{{{{{{{{{{CHRISSI}}}}}}}}}}
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2008, 06:56:00 pm »
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{TO ALL BETTERMOSIANS}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #52 on: January 28, 2008, 09:21:59 am »
Would someone tell me please what the latest developments are with his memorial?  I know his body was being sent to LA , but for a funeral service or what?  I thought they did one in New York, a private one.   I'm caught up with moving here, packing and news on CNN isn't covering much anyone, as far as I can see.  What's up?   ???

Lost in South Korea,
Rayn

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #53 on: January 28, 2008, 09:50:29 am »
Hello Rayn,

According to People magazine, there was a very private memorial service held in Los Angeles and Beverly Hills on Saturday evening. It sounds like there was a brief memorial service, followed by a dinner at the Beverly Hills Hotel. Things are hush hush on who attended although Michelle and Matilda left New York on Saturday morning with several bags of luggage. Naomi Watts was seen going into the hotel. Jake Gyllenhaal is also back in LA (he'd been in New Mexico filming the movie "Brothers") so it is likely he attended, too, but no source has confirmed that officially.

Reports have said that it will take two days to return Heath's body to Australia. I am assuming that once he gets there, there will be a funeral, but no details on that have been released.

There is a rumor (unconfirmed) that there will be a public memorial service in LA next week.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2008, 09:54:48 am »
Here's a brief news item about the memorial on Saturday:

Private service held for Heath Ledger

Heath Ledger's body is on its way back to Australia following a private memorial service held in Los Angeles on Saturday.

Ledger's ex-fiancé Michelle Williams and ex-girlfriend Naomi Watts both attended the service at the Pierce Brothers Westwood Village Memorial Park and Mortuary, which was restricted to family and close friends.

Watts, who dated Ledger for two years after meeting him on the set of 'Ned Kelly' in 2002, was reported to be "visibly upset" during the service.

28-year-old Ledger was found dead last Tuesday in his New York apartment. Initial results of an autopsy were inconclusive.

His family insist his death was a tragic accident.

He will be buried in his hometown of Perth, Australia.

http://www.rte.ie/arts/2008/0128/ledgerh.html
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Rayn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • I'm also on FaceBook under Rayn Roberts
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2008, 10:15:48 am »
Thanks MaineWriter... as you were answering me, I was answering you on another thread... the one about the SAG...   I went to the link you gave me and from there found this wonderful pic of both Ennis and Heath...
It's hard to accept, but good in a way... hard to accept Heath is gone, but good to know Ennis is with us still.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #56 on: January 28, 2008, 11:46:06 am »
Thanks for posting the latest article, Leslie.

Rayn, you can check the first post of this thread for a quick update, too.  I'm trying to keep it current as I hear of specific things that have occurred.  :)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2008, 12:13:48 pm »
Although this is an unconfirmed report, it has been listed as being from the investigation into Heath's cause of death and is now being repeated in other media that he could have died of natural causes due to the low level of toxicity in his blood: in other words, a heart attack or something of that nature.

It sounds strange, but sources intimately connected with the Heath Ledger investigation tell TMZ it's possible the actor died of natural causes.

The reason they think that -- it's now appearing that the level of toxicity (from medication) in Ledger's system was low enough that it may not have caused his death. These sources say Heath's heart stopped. It could have been a heart attack but it's not certain, at least not yet. Although it's bizarre that a 28-year-old could die of natural causes, it happens.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/01/26/heaths-death-could-be-natural-causes/

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2008, 04:57:32 pm »
Thanks MaineWriter... as you were answering me, I was answering you on another thread... the one about the SAG...   I went to the link you gave me and from there found this wonderful pic of both Ennis and Heath...
It's hard to accept, but good in a way... hard to accept Heath is gone, but good to know Ennis is with us still.

oh! OH OH! Rayn - what site was it - we're looking to find the copyright on this photo.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2008, 05:33:20 pm »
Wasn't sure where to post this but I found this very interesting:

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2008/01/27/entertainment/e200512S50.DTL&tsp=1&type=entertainment

Daniel Day Lewis seems like a cool guy. I'm so glad to know that!
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero