Author Topic: Day Three - It All Blows Up in John Gibson's Face + New Video!  (Read 32145 times)

Offline joey

• Don't Say Much
Re: Disgusting John Gibson Mocks Ledger's Death on Fox News
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2008, 06:09:37 pm »
Keith did it!!

He made John Gibson the Worst Person In The World!!

I really like Keith Olbermann.

Thank you for that suggestion and the great response from Keith O.  Whether  or not the shame hurts JG, it helps a lot of people keep their self respect.
Joey

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Day Three - It All Blows Up in John Gibson's Face + New Video!
« Reply #81 on: January 27, 2008, 02:59:02 pm »
This has been posted on IMDB.com on their MOVIE AND TV NEWS. I just like what ppl are posting on GIBSON's msg board. Wonderful... If it's anything like the email he's getting, I bet he's just hits delete. Ppl need to go after higher up ppl at FOX who might put pressure on him.   

Gay Activists Blast Radio Host Who Mocked Ledger's Death

A U.S. radio host who mocked Heath Ledger's death live on air a few hours after his passing has been slammed by gay activists. During his Tuesday show, Fox News Radio presenter John Gibson played an audio clip from the movie Brokeback Mountain in which Jake Gyllenhaal's character says to Ledger's, "I wish I knew how to quit you." Gibson then told his listeners, "Well, he found out how to quit you." Later in the broadcast, Gibson played another Brokeback Mountain clip, this time of Ledger's character saying, "We're dead." The host then mockingly repeated, "We're dead," before playing the clip again. Gibson, who is on record as criticizing Brokeback Mountain as a "gay agenda movie," went on to label Ledger a "weirdo" who had "a serious drug problem" and speculated as to reasons why the actor may have taken his own life. Ledger, who was found dead in his New York apartment on Tuesday, is not thought to have committed suicide, according to authorities and his family. Rashad Robinson, a spokesman for The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation (GLAAD), says, "Gibson's remarks are vulgar and disgusting. It's sickening that Gibson would exploit Heath Ledger's tragic death to promote such hurtful intolerance. And to do so at a time when family and friends are grieving shows a level of insensitivity that is beyond the pale." On his Wednesday show, Gibson refused to apologize for his comments, explaining they were just "a little Brokeback Mountain joke" and there is "no point in passing up a good joke."

A double standard.  Didn't Imus make a real apology and he still got canned?? Gibson's apology was half-hearted at best.
 >:( >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2008, 09:50:22 pm »
As promised, here is a partial list of Fox News sponsors and their website addresses. Please email them and let them know how hurt and disgusted you are with John Gibson's recent comments about Heath. I will be letting them know I plan to boycott their products and services until Fox News takes corrective and appropriate action. We can't let John Gibson and Fox News get away with this. I will keep my eyes open for more names of sponsors and I will post them here. Please feel free to add to this list if you notice something not found on the following list...

Icy Hot
www.icyhot.com

Fancy Feast Cat Food
www.fancyfeast.com

Actonel
www.actonel.com

Fidelity Investments
www.fidelity.com

Comcast Cable
www.comcast.com

Bayer Aspirin
www.bayeraspirin.com

Zyrtec
www.zyrtec.com

Walgreen's
www.walgreens.com

Vehix
www.vehix.com

V8 Vegetable Juice (Campbell's Corp.)
www.v8juice.com

Law Offices of Peter Francis Geraci (Indiana, Illinois, Kentucky and Wisconsin area)
www.infotapes.com

I also found the following sponsors advertising on the Fox News website...

Ask Internet Search Engine
www.ask.com

Free Credit Report
www.freecreditreport.com

Cars Direct
www.carsdirect.com

Match Dot Com
www.match.com

Bankrate
www.bankrate.com

In case you missed it, here is the list of Fox News executives you can email to express your displeasure with John Gibson and his repugnant comments about our Heath and his tragic death....

Please contact:

Mr. Mitch Davis
Vice President
Fox News Radio Network
1211 Avenue Of The Americas
18th Floor
New York, NY 10036-8701
Direct Phone: *212-301-5800
Outlet Fax: *212-301-5455
Outlet Phone: 212-301-3000
Email: [email protected]

Mr. Robert Finnerty
Senior Vice President
Fox News Radio Network
18th Floor
New York, NY 10036-8701
Direct Phone: *212-301-5800
Outlet Fax: *212-301-5455
Outlet Phone: 212-301-3000

Ms. Irena Briganti
Vice President of Public Relations
FOX News Channel
Lowr C1
New York, NY 10036
Direct Phone : *212-301-3608
Outlet Fax : *212-382-1411
Outlet Phone : 212-301-3000
Contact by: E-mail

Ms. Suzanne Scott
Vice President, Programming
FOX News Channel
Lowr C1
New York, NY 10036
Direct Phone : *212-301-8558
Outlet Fax : *212-382-1411
Outlet Phone : 212-301-3000

[email protected]
[email protected]

JOHN GIBSON
[email protected]
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2008, 04:41:04 am »
Good work getting these for us, David.  Thank you.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2008, 11:07:14 am »
The story of John Gibson comes to a close with the announcement this week that his show on Fox News television has been terminated.  He will continue to appear on-air occasionally, as well as continue his radio show.  But he of low ratings will no longer grace our presence with regularity on television.  Buh, bye. 
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

mvansand76

« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2008, 12:06:29 pm »
VICTORY!!!!! Yeeeeeehaw Brokies!

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #86 on: March 15, 2008, 12:41:51 am »
http://www.thecarpetbaggerreport.com/archives/14890.html

From The Carpetbagger Report

John Gibson’s big story: he’s been cancelled
Posted March 14th, 2008 at 9:15 am

It hasn’t been a good week for conservative hosts of unwatchable cable talk shows with poor ratings. Earlier this week, MSNBC yanked Tucker Carlson off the air. The next day, Fox News gave up on notorious blowhard John Gibson.

Fox News Channel, tinkering for the first time in eight years with its popular early evening lineup, is replacing its 5 p.m. news broadcast, “The Big Story,” with an election-theme program for the foreseeable future. The network confirmed this week that “America’s Election HQ,” a program that displaced “The Big Story” temporarily last month, would continue indefinitely. The program’s hosts, Bill Hemmer and Megyn Kelly, also anchor the network’s mid-morning newscast and are seen as rising stars on the channel. The change was first reported by the blog TVNewser.com.

John Gibson, the longtime host of “The Big Story,” will continue to have a role on television, the network said, although it appears that his future for now lies mostly on radio. For two years Mr. Gibson, a conservative commentator, has been the host of a three-hour program for Fox News Radio immediately following his television show.

I’d always kind of hoped that Gibson would get fired for something he’d said on the air, but if low ratings did the trick, I suppose the end result is the same.

Of course, with Gibson having lost his show, there’s really one thing left to do: mock him relentlessly for years of foolish, hateful demagoguery.

Stephen Colbert got the ball rolling: “There’s obviously only one big lead story tonight: an influential figure who many of us considered a moral leader has let America down and has been forced to leave his post. Of course I speak of Fox News’ John Gibson.”

Media Matters has done a great job for years of highlighting some of Gibson’s more jaw-dropping remarks, but who could forget his insults of Heath Ledger after his death? Or his concerns about “black devils” who “wanna fight the white devil”? Or the time he said John Edwards “whored his wife’s cancer as a fundraising gimmick”? Or his requests to white people to “make more babies“?

But my personal favorite, as long-time readers may recall, was the time he lost it on the air while debating my friend Rob Boston over the “war on Christmas” — and then called Rob at home to threaten him personally.

So long, John. Your departure has done something I hadn’t thought possible — it’s made Fox News’ lineup just a little less offensive.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh: 
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"