Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188436 times)

mvansand76

Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #280 on: January 30, 2008, 04:06:14 am »
Here it is!  Peachy triumphant!  8)  8)  8)

:o :o :o :o It's perfect! I just woke up and it gave me quite a start to see it on the homepage (guess I'm still in the denial phase... :'()

mvansand76

« Reply #281 on: January 30, 2008, 04:16:18 am »
I'm surprised it cost so little myself!  How about Saturday's West, Meryl?  Just a suggestion.  That's the bumper edition most people read, with liftouts.  I noticed his immediate family ran theirs twice, with copies on Saturday.

Sounds like an excellent plan. It all looks so good, Peachy....  :-*

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #282 on: January 30, 2008, 04:50:36 am »
I'm surprised it cost so little myself!  How about Saturday's West, Meryl?  Just a suggestion.  That's the bumper edition most people read, with liftouts.  I noticed his immediate family ran theirs twice, with copies on Saturday.

That's a fantastic idea!  I think the ad is beautiful, thank you so much guys for taking the time to do this for us.  It’s easy to donate money, and I just want you to know that I am so grateful for the effort that you have put in.

I love the fact that there weren’t a massive amount of notices, and none with pictures.  The purpose of our ad was for the family and they’ll notice it immediately!

I know that we used a quality newspaper and I am interested to know if it was the same paper that the family used? 

When following the thread, I too thought of donations to an acting/drama organisation.  This is certainly an idea I would be 100% behind. 

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #283 on: January 30, 2008, 04:53:37 am »
Oh, sorry, I'm back. 

I think that the main funeral homes will know where the funeral is being held.  If we send flowers to the one we think, I do not think they would have an issue sending them on to the family. 

mvansand76

« Reply #284 on: January 30, 2008, 04:56:15 am »

I know that we used a quality newspaper and I am interested to know if it was the same paper that the family used? 

Yes it is as far as I know...

Offline whatthefuckbenj

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #285 on: January 30, 2008, 05:01:57 am »
Peachy has sent me another view showing our notice in context on the page.  It is really moving to see it there among the other notices.

This is such a wonderful thing you've done!!

And omg the whole page it almost just Heath! Could you maybe post a pic of the whole page? I'd like to check out what the others have written too..

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #286 on: January 30, 2008, 05:10:04 am »
I have posted this article here because it is dated 30th January and mentions Kim Ledger attending at Heath's property.  It also mentions two funeral homes, both of which deny being involved. Please move the post if it should belong elsewhere. 

http://www.thewest.com.au/aapstory.aspx?StoryName=455475

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #287 on: January 30, 2008, 07:55:04 am »
Hi Sandy - yes, his family did run messages in The West.  His dad, his sister.. they were heartbreaking.  :(   I'll see if I can find the Saturday paper at work tomorrow.   There were at least three columns full of messages. 

I have snail-mailed today's page off to Meryl.  There was one other pic as I recall, a little one of a go-kart.   

The funeral companies - well, if the family wants complete privacy they will have it.  I still hope to hear re official donations re flowers/donations though.  ((Brokies))

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #288 on: January 30, 2008, 08:28:18 am »
The notice is beautiful. Thank you, Meryl, Peachy, and mouk. :)

About charities: I believe someone mentioned that there was some web site that described charitable interests of various celebrities? I think that it said that Heath's involved children and AIDS.

Yes, I found the website. I am going to start a new thread on the topic, so it doesn't get mixed up here with the information on the ad and the flowers.

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #289 on: January 30, 2008, 08:37:09 am »

Thank you very much to everybody who helped, mostly Meryl, Peachy, Mouk for the picture and the the fact that she did get up there, now in winter, and placed this beautiful tribute, and to Mel (Snavel) for starting this thread.

I also agree about running it a second time and about flowers if it is possible to get them there somehow. I think the funeral company would forward them without problems, it's their job (but the problem is finding out which one it is).
I think donating the rest to a charitiy Heath supported (or to a similar organisation, meaning children or AIDS help in this case) would be another wonderful tribute.

(((Brokies)))