Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188401 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #330 on: February 01, 2008, 05:30:05 pm »
i just wanted to say that the notice in the paper was absolutely beautiful.
well done to all who made it happen.
this is my first ever post on any type of message board/forum/site, i'm usually the quite one that sits back and reads and never knows what to write. But after reading the post on IMDB ( containing the link to here a site i never new existed), the entire 32 pages of this thred and then with the warm welcome message to new Aussie members. i felt i had to express how moved i was by the way every one came together to show they cared.
xx :)

bec - thanks for coming to see us. Welcome  :-*
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #331 on: February 01, 2008, 09:31:01 pm »
Welcome Bec!  :)

Our notice is in The West again today at the top of a column.  There were about six altogether for Heath.

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #332 on: February 01, 2008, 10:00:22 pm »
Welcome Bec!  :)

Our notice is in The West again today at the top of a column.  There were about six altogether for Heath.

Do you know if the post the condolence messages( just can't say the "O"word still to raw for me) on the Wests internet site?
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #333 on: February 01, 2008, 10:17:42 pm »
It doesn't look like it, Rory.  I found property classifieds and such, but not the 'O' ones.   The site is www.thewest.com.au

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #334 on: February 01, 2008, 11:52:24 pm »
Thanks, Peachy!  When you get a chance, maybe you can scan the new page so we can see the surrounding messages.  Snoopy, me?  Nah!  ;)

Also, let me know the final cost of the two ads so I can forward that to you.  :-*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #335 on: February 02, 2008, 06:15:47 am »
Just emailed you, Snoopy - sorry, Meryl!   ;)

Offline bec

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • myspace
« Reply #336 on: February 02, 2008, 08:29:51 am »
Thank you Peachy, Rory, Kelda, Berit.
Why so serious..............It's all part of the plan...........lets put a smile on that face

mvansand76

« Reply #337 on: February 02, 2008, 08:58:26 am »
Everybody,

I was reading Michelle's statement on another thread and I was wondering if we could maybe place an obituary in which we pay our respects to her and Matilda in a New York paper? God, it just broke my heart to read her statement

I was thinking this may have gotten lost on another page. What do you all think of this idea?

Offline Sandy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #338 on: February 02, 2008, 09:54:28 am »
I was thinking this may have gotten lost on another page. What do you all think of this idea?

I reckon that Michelle will be in Perth for the funeral and will see the notice placed for 'family and friends'-she'll know it's for her too. 

I am just glad the our notice was next to one of the family's notices.  It's nice to think that ours will be seen and the family may visit us-and know how loved he was. 

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #339 on: February 02, 2008, 01:49:09 pm »
I agree with that, Sandy.

I think we should stick with the original plan of 2 notices in the Perth region paper, flowers, and a donation to a charity. For the donation, in my view giving it to either programmes for kids with AIDS or to some sort of cultural/acting programme for kids would be great. Michelle's statement and her loving description of little Matilda made me think that it would somehow honour all 3 of them if the donation went to children who need a helping hand, either due to illness or for other reasons.