Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188443 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #430 on: February 09, 2008, 08:27:52 am »
Oh - DAMMIT!  

Kerry, you'd better check - I've got an email that they couldn't process my order.  :(  :(  I wish they'd phoned me!  I hope yours went through at least.

I'm so, so sorry, Brokies.  :(  :(  I hate telling you this.  

So should I either put it through again for the cemetery at some point, or send the money back to you, Meryl?   

Oh, bummer.  :-\ You did what you could with the information we had available Peachy - so thank you.  :-*

I'll leave this up to Meryl to decide....

Personally I would like for the order to be put through again for the cemetery. It doesn't matter that the flowers are not there at the day of the funeral... but I would like to think that flowers from us are laid down by his resting place at one point.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 09, 2008, 08:53:35 am »
Oh - DAMMIT! 

Kerry, you'd better check - I've got an email that they couldn't process my order.  :(  :(  I wish they'd phoned me!  I hope yours went through at least.

I'm so, so sorry, Brokies.  :(  :(  I hate telling you this. 

So should I either put it through again for the cemetery at some point, or send the money back to you, Meryl?   If it would help, I can pay for a wreath myself.

Oh, that's very disappointing. But it's certainly not your fault, Peachy. You made a valiant effort to do the best you could with the limited information that was released to us. I certainly don't think you should be lumbered with the cost.

I didn't give Interflora my e-mail address, when I placed my order. I gave them my mobile number and they assured me they would phone me if there was a problem with the delivery. I haven't received a call from them, so I'm hoping my flowers were delivered. The question is, I guess, where were they delivered to?

I've just checked my chargecard statement online and the Interflora debit was charged to my account yesterday. I'll phone their freecall number tomorrow morning.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #432 on: February 09, 2008, 09:37:23 am »
Oh - DAMMIT! 

Kerry, you'd better check - I've got an email that they couldn't process my order.  :(  :(  I wish they'd phoned me!  I hope yours went through at least.

So should I either put it through again for the cemetery at some point, or send the money back to you, Meryl?   If it would help, I can pay for a wreath myself.

Peachy, don't beat yourself up. You've done a wonderful job with all of this. Thank you.

As for a donation, I think it should be given to a group/organization/charity in Australia. Yes, Heath did live in Brooklyn, but it obvious that his roots are firmly planted in his home country.

We know he supported causes for AIDS and children. Is there a group in Australia that combines the two? Here in the US we have the Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation...is there something similar in Australia?

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Peachy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #433 on: February 09, 2008, 09:50:44 am »
I just did a search, MaineWriter.  There’s the AIDS Trust of Australia which helps children.

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #434 on: February 09, 2008, 09:51:50 am »
Or we could give it to kids and AIDS in Africa....they could use every dime they get.....kids are kids around the world.......
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #435 on: February 09, 2008, 10:10:00 am »
I just did a search, MaineWriter.  There’s the AIDS Trust of Australia which helps children.

Thanks, Peachy.

Whatever we come up with, I am sure it will be a fine choice.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline BelAir

« Reply #436 on: February 09, 2008, 10:11:46 am »
Oh - DAMMIT! 

Peachy, just speaking for myself here, I wouldn't worry too much - you did the best you could!
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

yb

« Reply #437 on: February 09, 2008, 10:14:37 am »

Personally I would like for the order to be put through again for the cemetery. It doesn't matter that the flowers are not there at the day of the funeral... but I would like to think that flowers from us are laid down by his resting place at one point.

I echo the above suggestion. 

Also, Peachy, don't worry about not being able to send the wreath, it's not your fault at all.

As for the donation, I agree with Leslie, Heath clearly loves Australia very much, it will be very fitting that the donation goes to an organization/charity in Australia. 

Offline BelAir

« Reply #438 on: February 09, 2008, 10:19:13 am »
Just my 2 cents on the donation,

in all honesty, I think Heath would be fine with whatever choice we make...  certainly never knew him personally, but he seemed to me such a genuine person, I don't think he would begrudge any heartfelt, genuine choice...  I guess what I am trying to say, is I don't think we need to worry about doing specifically what Heath would want.  I think that if what feels right to us, is supporting a charity a Heath supported, or supporting children in his native country, or supporting arts-based organization, then that should be fine.  I personally think Heath would support any gesture of goodwill.

Hopefully that makes sense, and doesn't come across as argumentative...
 :-\
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #439 on: February 09, 2008, 10:24:00 am »
Kids and AIDS i Australia, fine with me...........kids are kids around the world!
Ennis.....always Ennis.....