Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188757 times)

mvansand76

Re: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia
« Reply #450 on: February 10, 2008, 04:42:51 am »
The thought that Heath has now been cremated still absolutely astounds me... with all the resonance that has with BBM.  Who would have ever thought it would come to this.
 :'( :'( :'(

{{{{{Amanda}}}}

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #451 on: February 10, 2008, 05:07:09 am »
The thought that Heath has now been cremated still absolutely astounds me... with all the resonance that has with BBM.  Who would have ever thought it would come to this.
 :'( :'( :'(

I know what you mean. When I read that, it felt like somebody took a sack of bricks and punched me in the stomach with it. I felt like saying OOOOOF! It literally knocked the breath out of me.

He's really gone! Not just in a spiritual and metaphysical sense, but quite literally and phyiscally too. I can't even bear to think of our Heath as nothing but ashes now. It breaks my heart.  :'( :'( :'(

There are so many things suddenly coming together now between Heath and BBM in a MOST unpleasant way.  :(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #452 on: February 10, 2008, 06:27:44 am »
Peachy, I agree with all others: don't beat yourself up over it. You have done very good and we all are so thankful to you!  :-*

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #453 on: February 10, 2008, 06:32:00 am »
I know what you mean. When I read that, it felt like somebody took a sack of bricks and punched me in the stomach with it. I felt like saying OOOOOF! It literally knocked the breath out of me.

He's really gone! Not just in a spiritual and metaphysical sense, but quite literally and phyiscally too. I can't even bear to think of our Heath as nothing but ashes now. It breaks my heart.  :'( :'( :'(

It was the same for me. I personally always had an averseness against being cremated and one of the reasons is the thought that nothing is left. I know many people prefer it this way, but for me it has always been a dreadful thought. I don't want to think of Heath this way.  :'( :'( :'(

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #454 on: February 10, 2008, 06:59:26 am »
Just my 2 cents on the donation,

in all honesty, I think Heath would be fine with whatever choice we make...  certainly never knew him personally, but he seemed to me such a genuine person, I don't think he would begrudge any heartfelt, genuine choice...  I guess what I am trying to say, is I don't think we need to worry about doing specifically what Heath would want.  I think that if what feels right to us, is supporting a charity a Heath supported, or supporting children in his native country, or supporting arts-based organization, then that should be fine.  I personally think Heath would support any gesture of goodwill.

Hopefully that makes sense, and doesn't come across as argumentative...
 :-\

very true!

Peachy - you did a fine job - no sin bin for you.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline mouk

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #455 on: February 10, 2008, 11:56:13 am »
Peachy, don't blame yourself - you did your very best and the choice of flowers was beautiful. And you kept all of us busy, feeling we were doing something for Heath. This really helped too. As somebody else said, it's the thought that counts. Without you, we would not have had the opportunity even to try. So, a big thank you to you  :-*

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #456 on: February 10, 2008, 01:38:50 pm »

There are so many things suddenly coming together now between Heath and BBM in a MOST unpleasant way.  :(

aww, David...  Heath is much more than ashes, try not to despair...  It may help to think of cremation as actually a freeing of his soul...

ps - Chrissi... a hug to you, too...  wishing I could do something to bring you a little comfort.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline Fran

• "ABCs of BBM" moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #457 on: February 10, 2008, 01:43:43 pm »
As to which charity or charities we would like our donation to go to, I'd like to suggest that we wait a week or so to see if the Ledger family designates a specific charity.  

Thanks again, Meryl, Peachy, and Mouk for your efforts in honoring Heath's memory.

mvansand76

« Reply #458 on: February 10, 2008, 01:50:55 pm »

Peachy, I felt so sad to read that you were distressed by this happening! Don't you worry about this, OK! You did so much for us!  :-*

We can always send the flowers to the cemetery anyway, right? Does it matter if the flowers arrive later? Could we have flowers delivered there on his birthday, for instance? Or is that unappropriate?

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #459 on: February 10, 2008, 02:08:25 pm »

Peachy, I felt so sad to read that you were distressed by this happening! Don't you worry about this, OK! You did so much for us!  :-*

We can always send the flowers to the cemetery anyway, right? Does it matter if the flowers arrive later? Could we have flowers delivered there on his birthday, for instance? Or is that unappropriate?

I think that'd be nice, Melissa.

Peachy -- we are so obliged to you; don't worry about that, okay? None of us could have done so much with the beautiful ad.

Stuff happens to all of us. We understand.  ;)

{{{{{{{{{{PEACHY}}}}}}}}}} Thanks for all you've done for us and for Heath.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~