Author Topic: How to contribute to sending flowers/condolences to Australia  (Read 188450 times)

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Sending group condolences and flowers to Australia
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2008, 12:24:41 pm »
What a wonderful idea, I'll contribut in any way I can. If money is an issue there must be ways to send money to the bettermost.net. I strongly support the idea to give some money to some good cause in memory of Heath and bring some flowers to his family. That is better than an ad in the paper.  Mayby best to his sister since his parents are divorced....

But whatever you decide I'll support. You know best whats most polite to do in your part of the world..... :)

Berit

I actually like this idea of money for a good cause an flowers to the family too, but then I also like the idea of the ad. Is there a way to do both? Also I love both pictures, but I believe the second one is more fitting for us to use.

Jack

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2008, 12:46:08 pm »
Thanks, buds, for all your words.  :-*

As for waiting til later or writing to the family around his birthday, I have some reservation about it.  I feel it's best to be included in the natural wave of condolences as everyone joins in an outpouring of grief and sympathy.  I feel sure the family will see the notice.  Someone will be looking to save all the notices for them, even if they are too distracted.  (Personally, I'm not sure whether writing to them on his birthday might not be more distressing than comforting.  We can discuss this as the time draws closer.)

I haven't heard from Phillip yet, but time is of the essence if we're going to have our condolences included.  I hope you won't mind if I take the bull by the horns and act on this.

Reading your replies, I think I will go ahead with the text and the second picture and ask my friend to put in the notice in The West Australian around the time of the service in Perth.  She can also send flowers with a card.  I'm sure we can easily make up the cost of this among us.  I'll also ask her to send copies of the actual newspaper; she's already going to send me a special memorial section that is being planned for tomorrow's Perth paper.

If you would like to start contributing to the cost, you can send it to my PayPal account:  paypal.com; choose "Send Money"; recipient is [email protected].  I guess you could check either "Goods" or "Services."

I think you should contribute whatever you want to, from $5 on up.  If there is money left, we can donate it to a good cause in Heath's memory.
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2008, 01:10:07 pm »
What a wonderful idea. I love the words you chose, Meryl! I already contributed.

:-*

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2008, 01:18:12 pm »
This is wonderful, Meryl. Thanks for doing this. A donation is on its way...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

mvansand76

« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2008, 01:23:37 pm »
Are there other ways to get the money to you than Paypal? I don't have it. Is it easy to register?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #65 on: January 26, 2008, 01:25:42 pm »
Are there other ways to get the money to you than Paypal? I don't have it. Is it easy to register?

It is easy to register, Mel.  Go to paypal.com and follow the instructions to input your credit card information.

You could also send me a money order, but because of the currency difference, I think this is easier.  I'll PM you my address in case you want to do the former.

Meryl
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #66 on: January 26, 2008, 01:38:47 pm »
done.

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

mvansand76

« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2008, 01:59:12 pm »
Done!

That was a bit scary, my first paypal money transfer....  :o

:-*

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2008, 02:05:16 pm »
I'll send money when I get home, I'm visiting my daugther right now but I'll be returning home tomorrow, sunday. I'll try PayPal, can Snavel do it I can do it.... :)
Ennis.....always Ennis.....

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2008, 02:14:51 pm »
Meryl, my contribution is on its way.
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'