Author Topic: SAG Awards on TNT and TBS  (Read 37852 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: SAG Awards on TNT and TBS
« Reply #100 on: January 30, 2008, 09:40:50 pm »
Observations from the SAG Awards:

http://movies.msn.com/movies/hitlist/01-29-08_2?GT1=7701

Here are the two best ones:

Classy move by a classy man: Daniel Day-Lewis' moving tribute to the recently lost Heath Ledger during his Best Actor acceptance speech was an incredibly touching moment and more than made up for the short clip Ledger received at the end of the show's "In Memoriam" montage.

Always blunt Brolin: While accepting the "No Country for Old Men" best ensemble award, Josh Brolin took a shot at Oscar prognosticators and Academy members who have complained the ending of the acclaimed movie doesn't satisfy by saying, "And we did a freaky little movie, whether you liked the ending or not." Touché, Mr. Brolin. Touché.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: SAG Awards on TNT and TBS
« Reply #101 on: January 31, 2008, 11:12:17 pm »
I've been searching in vain trying to find what, specifically, Cate Blanchett and Ryan Gosling did/said.  I don't doubt it - I just like to read the tasteful and heartfelt tributes wherever I can find them.  Thanks in advance.

Hi Barb,

Here's what Cate said at the Santa Barbara International Film festival:

Though she didn't get a chance to know Heath Ledger, Cate Blanchett acknowledged the late actor's thriving career while accepting the Modern Master Award at the Santa Barbara International Film Festival.

"I'd like to pay special tribute to Heath Ledger who I think was an extraordinary actor and was well on his way to being a master himself" she said as the audience erupted in applause. "We will all miss you enormously."

"I didn't have the great fortune of working with him but the last image I have, just this strong image, would be him dancing the first day he arrived on set," she told PEOPLE at the award ceremony. "[He] was just so joyful and I just admire the way he kept evolving as an actor. I think it's a tragic, tragic loss and everyone is reeling."

Both Blanchett and Ledger starred in I'm Not There, a film depicting different characters of musician Bob Dylan, and although the two never shot scenes together she recollects a cheerful Ledger during production.

Article:
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20174048,00.html?xid=rss-topheadlines

******************************************************************************************

Ryan and sister Mandy Gosling:

HOLLYWOOD - Ryan Gosling paid a special tribute to pal Heath Ledger at the Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles on Sunday--by wearing a special black ribbon on his lapel.

The actor's sister Mandy designed the subtle black bow for the Lars and the Real Girl star because she felt Ledger's death should be acknowledged on the red carpet.

Gosling's sibling, who was his 'date' to the awards, says, "We just had to mark [that] something terrible has happened."

And the actor himself used interest in his black ribbon to urge the media to leave those grieving Ledger's shock death last week to mourn in peace.

Ryan said, "They [media] should leave all the people in his life alone. It's terrible."

Mandy said, " I read something his sister said about Heath, she said he was a lot of things to a lot of people but to me he was just my little brother. And it just hit me so hard..."

Video:
http://taylorsentertainmentnews.com/index.php/2008/01/30/ryan-gosling-interview-at-the-sag-awards/

There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx