Author Topic: Remember Michelle's Pain  (Read 17567 times)

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Remember Michelle's Pain
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2008, 08:11:38 pm »
One has to realize that when they give something up, it could be forever. Michelle may feel very badly; we don't know. Regret is the worst pain. To break off an engagement with a baby involved must have taken much determination, so she did make a choice...a major one. I hope she finds comfort in Mathilde and whatever she had expected to. My greatest sympathies are to his immediate family; they never let him go, have 28 years of history to mourn over, and cannot replace a son or brother.

Offline adrian

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2008, 10:40:35 pm »

Michelle arriving back in New York.
There were only two of them on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air, looking down on the hawks back and crawling lights of vehicles on the plain below....they believed themselves invisible.   A. Proulx

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2008, 03:36:33 am »
Reading again about how Heath went to the hospital with Michelle when she hurt her knee on the toboggan, and that that was the beginning of their love, I remember that it was Pierre Tremblay who suggested the toboggan sequence for the film.  Our Pierre brought them together. 

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2008, 04:24:37 am »
I was just thinking earlier today that I wanted to go back and read that interview. Thanks for reminding me about that.  :-\

mvansand76

« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2008, 08:40:50 am »

You know, I realised yesterday what hurts so much about this all.

I watched pictures and videos of two years ago. The Brokeback Glory Days. Nomination after nomination. Award after award. Heath and Michelle looking so much in love. Heath telling everybody how much he adores both his girls. Happiness all around.

BAM! Two years later and everything is gone. Heath and Michelle have broken up. Heath is dead. Matilda is fatherless. The world grieves.

It just makes me feel such intense sadness to think about this.

Poor Michelle.... This must be so hard for her, I can't imagine her grief, not in a million years.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #15 on: January 29, 2008, 12:03:09 pm »
Reading again about how Heath went to the hospital with Michelle when she hurt her knee on the toboggan, and that that was the beginning of their love, I remember that it was Pierre Tremblay who suggested the toboggan sequence for the film.  Our Pierre brought them together. 

Yes! I read that interview too. Heath actually fell on top of her coming of the hill and he ended up going to the hospital with her in Canmore. And to think I nearly ended up in the same hospital with my knee, after I got kicked by that horse...

Heath said in the interview that he felt responsible and he wanted to look after her...*sigh*  :(
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2008, 02:56:47 pm »

Poor Michelle.... This must be so hard for her, I can't imagine her grief, not in a million years.

:( I so agree with you and hope I never have to go through that kind of pain - since little Matilda looks so much
like her daddy, it is (or will be) a constant reminder of Heath, so sad...................... :'(
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

mvansand76

« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2008, 03:05:12 pm »

:( I so agree with you and hope I never have to go through that kind of pain - since little Matilda looks so much
like her daddy, it is (or will be) a constant reminder of Heath, so sad...................... :'(

Oh God, Judy, yes, she's the spitting image of her daddy, that must be comforting and confronting at the same time.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2008, 10:35:09 pm »

You know, I realised yesterday what hurts so much about this all.

I watched pictures and videos of two years ago. The Brokeback Glory Days. Nomination after nomination. Award after award. Heath and Michelle looking so much in love. Heath telling everybody how much he adores both his girls. Happiness all around.

BAM! Two years later and everything is gone. Heath and Michelle have broken up. Heath is dead. Matilda is fatherless. The world grieves.

It just makes me feel such intense sadness to think about this.

So sad. I really thought they'd make it -- at least longer than they did. I guess you never know who can and can't live together. But I still think they loved each other -- if nothing else -- for being parent to Matilda. I hope the last time Michelle talked to him is a good memory for her just for her sake -- it's easier to take that way.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline southendmd

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • well, I won't
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2008, 11:26:14 pm »
One has to realize that when they give something up, it could be forever. Michelle may feel very badly; we don't know. Regret is the worst pain. To break off an engagement with a baby involved must have taken much determination, so she did make a choice...a major one. I hope she finds comfort in Mathilde and whatever she had expected to. My greatest sympathies are to his immediate family; they never let him go, have 28 years of history to mourn over, and cannot replace a son or brother.

How dare you presume to know what either of them felt?  Does their break up upset your sense of family values?

That is the height of arrogance.