Author Topic: Magazines featuring Heath  (Read 50251 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Magazines featuring Heath
« Reply #90 on: September 06, 2008, 08:42:02 pm »
Chrissi, a massive thankyou from me to. Are you bilingual, you must be at least pretty fluent in both languages.I am so impressed by anyone who is fluent in more than one language.
I think I have thanked you on another thread, but there's no such thing as too many thankyous is there?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #91 on: September 06, 2008, 09:10:42 pm »
Great job, Chrissi!  Thank you.  It's easier than it used to be to read those details, but still so, so sad.  I wonder if it's true he had gone back to drugs and alcohol.  I'll still believe he was clean and sober til it's proven otherwise, and that, of course, may never come to pass.  God bless, Heath.  :'(
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline optom3

« Reply #92 on: September 06, 2008, 10:19:30 pm »
Great job, Chrissi!  Thank you.  It's easier than it used to be to read those details, but still so, so sad.  I wonder if it's true he had gone back to drugs and alcohol.  I'll still believe he was clean and sober til it's proven otherwise, and that, of course, may never come to pass.  God bless, Heath.  :'(

I would like to think he was staying away from drugs.I can't help but think if he was into heavy drug use as suggested by some,there would have been evidence in his appt. I cannot think of a single drug user who has no drugs where they live.
He only seemed to have the Rx drugs.
I also prefer not to think of him as being so desolate at the end.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #93 on: September 07, 2008, 07:15:07 am »
Thank you Laura, Fiona and Meryl.

Are you bilingual, you must be at least pretty fluent in both languages.

I wasn't raised bilingual (my parents both didn't speak any English) and have never lived in an English speaking country. I started learning it at school, fell in love with the language and just kept on learning ever since.
So measured by that standard I'd say I'm fluent in English. But compared to native speakers  - that's of course a whole different story.

Offline optom3

« Reply #94 on: September 07, 2008, 08:29:58 am »
Thank you Laura, Fiona and Meryl.

I wasn't raised bilingual (my parents both didn't speak any English) and have never lived in an English speaking country. I started learning it at school, fell in love with the language and just kept on learning ever since.
So measured by that standard I'd say I'm fluent in English. But compared to native speakers  - that's of course a whole different story.

I would never have known from your posts that English was not your first language.It is supposed to be a very difficult language to learn as well.I am having to relearn it here in America.I now use a sort of hybrid American/English spelling and pronunciation.My kids are completely American/English users.They get so mad with me when I talk of bbots not trunks, pavements not sidewalks etc. and fries and chips just drives me nuts !!!!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2008, 10:56:35 am »
Penthesilea, it's great you translated this article for our English speaking friends. Well done! :)

I read the article on the Gala site, though there are some inaccuracies imo, the article was an interesting and sad read. I wish we knew what it was that wasn't ok with Heath, except that he missed his girl. I wish people who knew him could have helped him or at least i hope they tried. I don't know. :(