Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184752 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2008, 08:23:30 am »
"I don't really like conventional love stories. Can you tell?"
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2008, 08:27:01 am »
"I don't really like conventional love stories. Can you tell?"

Now that did make me laugh. :laugh:

mvansand76

« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2008, 08:28:07 am »
God, how I love that picture...

:'(

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2008, 08:28:30 am »
"It's kind of like comparing watching television and reading a book. Watching TV just makes you go kind of numb, and reading a book you grow, you expand. I like to look for roles that are like books, that I have to study and expand upon."
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #114 on: February 05, 2008, 08:41:08 am »
On making Brokeback Mountain:

"In Brokeback, you go home and switch off and have a glass of wine and relax, you know, but the second you lie down to go to sleep and close your eyes, I'm going through what happened the whole day all over again. Every take, every single thing: I recollect everything. You don't stop thinking about it, don't stop carrying it around, and that is pretty hard."
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 05:08:59 pm by TOoP/Bruce »

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #115 on: February 05, 2008, 08:48:11 am »
"Once you hear the accent, you start to hear the character and start to feel the character, so it has become a really big part of it."

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #116 on: February 05, 2008, 09:11:35 am »
"It's kind of like comparing watching television and reading a book. Watching TV just makes you go kind of numb, and reading a book you grow, you expand. I like to look for roles that are like books, that I have to study and expand upon."

Ahh...I love that, especially. 

Thanks so much Bruce, again.

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

mvansand76

« Reply #117 on: February 05, 2008, 09:38:09 am »
Ahh...I love that, especially. 

Thanks so much Bruce, again.

Marie

I love that one too. It's exactly how I feel when I need to choose between watching TV or reading a book/writing. I always choose the latter.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #118 on: February 05, 2008, 01:33:11 pm »
"You don't learn how to act looking in mirrors, you can tell actors who've done that. It's dangerous, because acting is not about what your face is doing. If you act face first then you've worked out your face, but not the true thoughts inside. I work from inside out - thoughts and emotions first, and then the face follows."

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #119 on: February 05, 2008, 02:00:14 pm »
"Having a child changes every aspect of your life - for the better, of course. The sacrifices are large but what you get in return is even bigger than the sacrifices you make. I feel in a sense ready to die because you are living on in your child."

=====

"You're forced into, kind of, respecting yourself more. You learn more about yourself through your child, I guess. I think you also look at death differently. It's like a catch 22: I feel good about dying now because I feel like I'm alive in her, you know, but at the same hand, you don't want to die because you want to be around for the rest of her life."
« Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 09:29:35 am by TOoP/Bruce »