Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184776 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2008, 05:20:29 am »
On what he liked about Ennis Del Mar:

"I don’t know, his potential, he had great potential to love. I think the one time you really see the potential is with his kids, his children, because that’s the one form of love he’s really allowed to express, it’s not dangerous to him. And with his wife it just wasn’t really love, it was just what he thought should be love, and it was a routine that he slipped into because it was conventional. It was traditional, and obviously his love for Jack was forbidden and he hated himself for it, he punished himself for it. Essentially he was a homophobic man in love with another man. So that, I guess, I I always had faith in the love within him a lot more than he did. I think that’s what all the characters found in him too, was the potential within this masculine figure to be kind of vulnerable."
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #41 on: February 01, 2008, 05:24:49 am »
Ledger on becoming a father and whether it scares him:

"I wouldn’t say it’s as scary as the last five roles. I mean, it’s definitely more exciting and a lot more beautiful, and it’s definitely my greatest achievement. I now feel kind of connected to something a lot bigger than me. It’s beautiful, there’s something cosmic about it."

Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline AngelaNicole

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #42 on: February 01, 2008, 05:33:03 am »
This thread is really wonderful guys! I love seeing all the quotes and pictures. He was a very special man and will never be forgotten! RIP Heath.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #43 on: February 01, 2008, 10:41:54 am »
On the media:

"I don't read anything. I've only seen a couple of photos. Most of the time you don't even know the photographers are there -- and that's the scary thing. It's really strange and invading. But I don't let it bother me. I just try to find humor in it. I understand people's interest in our relationship. It's part of the game, I expect it." On dealing with public interest in his relationship with Heather Graham, Ian Spelling, April 30, 2001

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #44 on: February 01, 2008, 10:45:26 am »
"We are a specific breed. We are actually replicas...there are actually factories for actors in Australia and we are preprogrammed." On the supposed "new wave of Australian actors" hitting Hollywood, People.com, May 2, 2001

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #45 on: February 01, 2008, 10:50:10 am »
"I'm on a walkabout. It's about collecting wisdom of emotions and heart and self and understanding. Being absolutely comfortable with your body and life and the earth, sun, and moon being the only truths. That's what my success is, getting underneath that." - Heath in Entertainment Weekly
« Last Edit: February 01, 2008, 01:50:49 pm by TOoP/Bruce »

Offline memento

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • There But For Fortune
« Reply #46 on: February 01, 2008, 11:17:31 am »
Thank you for compiling this wonderful thread. It is very helpful in the grieving process to hear Heath's voice.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #47 on: February 01, 2008, 11:27:56 am »
"Judy Garland, Wizard of Oz, in just that little blue cotton dress." - Heath when asked "Who was your first celebrity crush?". (Moviefone)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2008, 11:33:34 am »
"I've got a strange mug. I photograph strangely." - Heath (USA Today)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2008, 11:35:44 am »
"I'm Shy. People get confused. They think, as an actor you can get up and be confident on the screen. ‘Why aren't you like this in normal life? Why can't you act in your social life?' Because I can't!" - Heath, Liz Smith Interview, NY Post (May, 2001)