Author Topic: Heath Ledger in his own Words  (Read 184705 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath Ledger in his own Words
« Reply #140 on: February 08, 2008, 11:39:27 pm »
“I was down to starving when I auditioned for 'The Patriot."

“If I didn’t get the part, I was going back to Australia.”
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #141 on: February 08, 2008, 11:49:38 pm »
“I never dreamed I’d have anywhere near the money I have now."

“It’s not that I don’t care, but I never had money early on, and I was very happy without it. When I die my money’s not gonna come with me. My movies will live on – for people to judge what I was as a person. I just want to stay curious.”
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Delmardeb

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #142 on: February 08, 2008, 11:55:45 pm »
Thank you so much Bruce for "Heath's own words." I have read every post in this thread and will continue to read them. As someone else said- reading his words make you feel closer to him.

And Bruce, I read that your birthday is tomorrow. Try to make it a happy one.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Bruce}}}}}}}}}}}}}

For how long? As long as we can ride it; ain't no reins on this one.

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #143 on: February 08, 2008, 11:56:47 pm »
“I know how to love a woman. It’s no mystery.”

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #144 on: February 09, 2008, 12:00:49 am »
While promoting "A Knight's Tale":

“I went back home to Perth (Australia) and everything was different. People were calling my father and asking if I was there – people we never knew. And I couldn’t go to the old places. And most of those people never go to the movies and haven’t seen me in anything. They’ve just heard I’m supposed to be somebody.”

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #145 on: February 09, 2008, 12:02:53 am »
“Finding a balance is difficult,” he said. “It’s heartbreaking in a sense. The inconsistency of your social life, clocking in and checking in with your friends  and getting back a routine with your family. Then that just being chopped off with three weeks going to London, work through Christmas, go to Vancouver. Then work through to March. Then take off to Austin, Texas, to work there for three months. You are away from everyone, and everything, for seven months. You come back and try to rekindle it again, only to have it taken away a year later. It can be really tiring. It can be really lonely. It can be all these things, but we still do it. It’s what we love.”
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 06:17:27 am by TOoP/Bruce »

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #146 on: February 09, 2008, 12:09:51 am »
“It's a beautiful love story."

“There's not a lot of mystery to love stories anymore, and this obviously is a little bit more dynamic than the usual love story.”

“It spans over twenty years and it's Ang Lee, who I can truly believe and entrust this story in his hands."

“At the same time, it scares the shit out of me. I'm frightened of it and so, for that reason, I should confront my fears; I think that you are rewarded for being brave in more ways than one.”

“I’m not ‘frightened’ like I won't let myself out of my house. The fear is in the level of performance and what I have to portray and what I have to feel and the level of the workload, and the pressure of having to perform for such a wonderful director. That's something that inspires you to perform.”

“It brings a level of importance to what you're doing because you're afraid of it, and so, you give it a lot of your time and you give it a lot of your effort to make it good.”

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #147 on: February 09, 2008, 12:46:44 am »
On singer Nick Drake:

“I was obsessed with his story and his music and I pursued it for a while and still have hopes to kind of tell his story one day.”

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #148 on: February 09, 2008, 12:55:25 am »
On "10 Things I Hate about You":

"I was a young kid from Australia, and that was the only movie someone was willing to put me in, so what do you do?"

"You've got to start somewhere. I just didn't want to stay there."

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #149 on: February 09, 2008, 01:03:49 am »
On getting closer to his co-star Michelle Williams on the set of Brokeback Mountain:

"On the 5th take, Michelle and I [are] tobogganing down the hill...  And Michelle...twisted her knee – she was pretty much on crutches for the rest of the shoot. And I felt I always had to look after her after that."