Author Topic: The Latest on Jake G.  (Read 71884 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: The Latest on Jake G.
« Reply #160 on: March 05, 2008, 12:02:10 pm »
GOOD call, Elle!

No more beans!

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #161 on: March 13, 2008, 10:15:33 am »

Offline Oregondoggie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #162 on: March 15, 2008, 04:48:28 am »

I don't know why I'm so fixated on this situation with Jake, but it's seeming more and more distressing to me.  I think this has a lot to do with personal ideas and reactions to grief.  But, I simply can't imagine missing a good friend's/ a best friend's funeral or memorial service.  I really like Cate Blanchett and it's great that she was so involved.  But, it just seems like such a huge omission to not have Jake there and actually playing a rather large role in the memorial.  I guess I just don't get it.

This came up Thursday at a small gathering of Brokies in Portland.  At some point, Jake is going to be publicly asked about Heath Ledger.  Nor can he avoid questions about the importance of Brokeback Mountain to his career. 

Offline MilAn

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #163 on: March 15, 2008, 10:37:18 am »
March 12th, lunchtime. On my inaugural visit to Mozza on Highland and Melrose, I spotted a gaggle of celebs while stuffing my face with their signature pizza. Up from a table rose lanky Jamie Lee Curtis, wearing all blacks and greys and her signature spunky haircut. As my eyes traveled down to resume pizza-eating, I noticed two of the four sitting at the table that I presume she was sitting at - of all folks, Jake Gyllenhaal and Reese Witherspoon. JG was scruffy and terribly attractive, much more so in person than I expected, and stared at RW adoringly, snapping a few candids of her throughout the lunch with his digital camera. Cute couple.

http://defamer.com/368195/the-jake-and-reese-love-train-makes-a-stop-at-mozza

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #164 on: March 15, 2008, 12:48:54 pm »
This came up Thursday at a small gathering of Brokies in Portland.  At some point, Jake is going to be publicly asked about Heath Ledger.  Nor can he avoid questions about the importance of Brokeback Mountain to his career. 

There's been an interesting little "hate Jake fest" going on at Live Journal over the past week of so.  Apparently, Jake hasn't "performed" up to some fans' expectations.

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #165 on: March 15, 2008, 01:19:25 pm »
There's been an interesting little "hate Jake fest" going on at Live Journal over the past week of so.  Apparently, Jake hasn't "performed" up to some fans' expectations.

:o

Performed as in Brokeback??

And regarding Heath's death, it must be difficult for him but it was enevitable. Poor Jake.

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #166 on: March 15, 2008, 01:42:20 pm »
:o

And regarding Heath's death, it must be difficult for him but it was enevitable. Poor Jake.

I don't follow you. Are you saying Heath was a train wreck waiting to happen.  His death came as a total shock to me.

No doubt, Jake must be aware that fans are disappointed that he hasn't commented on Heath's death.  As I posted on IMDB.com, when he starts promoting BROTHERS, he's going to be asked questions by the media about Heath. It can't be avoided.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #167 on: March 15, 2008, 01:49:03 pm »
Heath's dad, Michelle, Naomi Watts, Ang Lee, Daniel Day-Lewis...others.

Why not Jake? I think it's time he made a statement. If he doesn't feel like he can talk about it yet, he could release a written statement.

I know it's his own business, but it's hard to understand.

Maybe he feels that his loss is deeply personal and only shares his feelings with his family and Reese.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marge_Innavera

« Reply #168 on: March 15, 2008, 01:58:22 pm »

No; performed as some of the "fans" expected him to.  It seems that he committed the unforgiveable sin of going shopping, and being seen smiling in public.  And apparently, he owes everyone a "statement" on demand, whether he and Heath were actually friends or not. It might well have been one of those workplace friendships, which tend to fade once the two friends are no longer working together.

Made me understand a little better why celebrities guard their privacy so zealously.  Some of the people who claim to "love" them the most regard them as a hybrid of a commercial commodity and a trained circus poodle.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #169 on: March 15, 2008, 02:54:55 pm »
No; performed as some of the "fans" expected him to.  It seems that he committed the unforgiveable sin of going shopping, and being seen smiling in public.  And apparently, he owes everyone a "statement" on demand, whether he and Heath were actually friends or not. It might well have been one of those workplace friendships, which tend to fade once the two friends are no longer working together.

Made me understand a little better why celebrities guard their privacy so zealously.  Some of the people who claim to "love" them the most regard them as a hybrid of a commercial commodity and a trained circus poodle.

I agree ...It seems that those who decry the activities of the paps,, are the ones that
also are the most aggrivated by his lack of response..Its either one way or the other..You want
them to be left alone, with their privacy.  Or you dont..and this falls under the catagory of the
privacy issues to the greatest amount yet.

Beautiful mind