Author Topic: How Can We Help?  (Read 49336 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
How Can We Help?
« on: January 30, 2008, 11:51:24 pm »
This forum continues to be the primary gathering place for our community, and it has been a very busy place.  As with most of the forums around here, our light touch in moderating the forums sometimes makes things a bit disorganized, but considering how we all grieve differently, my sense is to try and keep things as free flowing and organic as possible.

But if you're a new member of our community or an old one, and you find something is missing from the conversation or the way the forum is configured, please let me know your thoughts on how we can make this an even better place for you.

This is a group effort, and I really welcome hearing your input and suggestions!
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: How Can We Help?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 03:38:17 pm »
Thanks Phillip!

Thanks to you and to all too!!

This has been very helpful as you have, moderators and all members and non-members... may I say, to me and many others.

We are sad still and that continues; we need it these coming weeks, days and to-day!!

As we are starting to talk again about Annie, the Brokeback Mountain, Heath, Jake, others, - that will surely help us too!! To continue this as a forum and the others forums is great. Pray no one will be shy if any prefers to ask for help in any form, in any way...

hugs to you and to all too!!

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 10:35:01 pm »
Hi Phillip,
I  am new to this site and would like to post a picture along with my post but have no Idea how to do that.
I went to the hepl section but have no clue how to find out if the attachment feature is enabled. Im such a novice when ot come to stuff like this.

thanks
Roryennis
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 01:08:10 am »
Hi Phillip,
I  am new to this site and would like to post a picture along with my post but have no Idea how to do that.
I went to the hepl section but have no clue how to find out if the attachment feature is enabled. Im such a novice when ot come to stuff like this.

thanks
Roryennis

Welcome aboard Rory.  If you are attaching something to a post here, you'll see "Additional Options..." right below the editor window when writing a message.  Click it and a new mini menu appears with a box to Attach a file.  You can use the Browse button to search your computer for the correct image to upload.  We have no limits on attachment size here, but keep it somewhat reasonable (no 1 gig uploads, please).  If it's an image, it will be automatically thumbnailed at the bottom of your message, at a maximum size of 640x480.  Anyone can click on the image to see it in its original size (as well as download it, etc.)

You can also link to images on other websites using one of the "BBC codes."  In this case, you can use the IMG code.  I have done a sample for you below to see how it works (you use BBC codes inside the body of your message):

Code: [Select]
[img]http://www.phillipdampier.com/aguirre.jpg[/img]
This grabs the image from another external website and links it here, as such:

You can also add a small image in your profile, as an avatar if you wish.  You can click the "Profile" button up above (it's on the row of buttons at the bottom of our mountain range banner) and make all sorts of personalizations there.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline roryennis

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 10:36:23 pm »
Thanks a bunch. I Figured it out late last night,or was early this morning.LOL.
I ended up putting the image from my computer to Photobucket.
Jack Twist.
Ennis
Your folks just stopped at Ennis?
Del Mar
Nice to know ya Ennis Del Mar.

And so with that introduction Jack and Ennis are forever bound together like Adam & Eve and Romeo & Juliet.

Offline Peter John Shields

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2008, 12:28:03 am »
Welcome Rory
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline The Baron of Ree

• Jr. Ranch Hand
  • Oh no! They are bored of beans again!!!
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2008, 04:15:42 pm »
Hello,

I'm new here. I was ill for three months afters seeing BBM in March 2006. Since that time I have been a reqular at ennisjack.com with nearly a thousand postings. I have several good friends there and it is a very good forum. And we had a really super get-together in London last year. 

I moved over here because the majority of the mods on ennisjack decided that any discussion about the tragic death of Heath Ledger was inappropriate.

A friend at ennisjack told me about Bettermost. I logged on and saw - gosh - loads and loads of posings about Heath and what happend. All very respectful I must add, just like I need. (I am now over the worst of the grief. I'm glad that the verdict of accidental death has now been clearly stated by the coroner of course).

So I am now getting the best of both forums, because I will not leave Ennisjack just because of this, but Bettermost does have things I really like, the chat function is very addictive! And the radio is nice too. I spend my evenings BBM forum hopping!

So "how can we help"? Well you already have, just by being there.

Thanks,
The Baron of Ree
The Baron of Ree

Learn from Brokeback Mountain. Make the most of your life & love from now on.
Because if you can fix it - you don't have to stand

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2008, 05:14:09 pm »
Hi Baron,

glad you posted here. Welcome to BetterMost once more! It was nice to chat with you the other night. I almost couldn't believe it when you mentioned Amersfoort. We stayed at the LangeJan hotel last March. What a coincidence.

Pull up a log, sit with us for a spell and stick your boot into the fire  :)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2008, 05:57:44 pm »
welcome baron!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2008, 06:43:24 pm »
Those are some beautiful compliments to BetterMost, thanks Baron. 

There are others here who are also active in more than one BBM forum.  I have an account at ennisjack, IMDb, and Dave Cullen, but between having beautiful friends I've made here, so being satisfied that way, and not being able to keep up with all the interesting goings-on here, I rarely go to the other forums.  But I'm glad we can all be companionable.

Right before last summer's BBM BBQ in Colorado, we hosted a couple of chats here that we invited people from all four of the BBM forums to, and it was fun.  I think the invitation we posted at ennisjack got deleted, I never understood why, but you all were invited, and somehow a couple of ennisjack folk came, which was great. 

Feel free to invite your ennisjack buddies to use the BetterMost chat.  You can join whoever is there, or start your own temporary room.  PM me if you need help setting it up.  Your buddies would have to join BetterMost to have access to the chat, but could just participate in chat, if that's what they want.

Clarissa
BetterMost Admin Team