Author Topic: Heath may be gone, but will NEVER be forgotten  (Read 6134 times)

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Heath may be gone, but will NEVER be forgotten
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2008, 02:59:30 pm »
Heath was Ennis and Ennis was Heath. I never viewed the two differently or separated the man and the character. In his real life, I felt and believed Heath lived as Ennis would given similar circumstances.

Funerals generate such a sense of finality. His today causes me to feel that way very deeply. Gone is Heath; gone is Ennis. The platitudes of the future celebrating his memory and what he left us with seem paltry. Without him any longer among the lives he touched is like nowhere to go when you’re hungry.

Strange, by sheer happenstance this morning I flip on the radio and an Australian singer’s reprise is ‘Nobody left to hold me tight. Nobody left to kiss goodnight.’

I suspect that had Heath not done Brokeback, he would be alive today. His fame, fortune and desperate need for rest and peace may not have been so intense had he not catapulted so quickly.

But, you can’t un-ring a bell.

His drive to give a performance that mimicked reality for so many and created a reality that always seemed out of reach or possibility for many was a gift from the heart. Heath’s most notable trait is that of a giver. His gift was our gain; we got more than he did. He gave a newness to life for thousands, no, millions, and my own pitiful attempt at thanks is abysmally weak and fails miserably to be adequate.

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2008, 05:38:34 pm »
It makes me see that sometimes the tides of life wash over us and the effect is totally unanticipated.

Who knew Brokeback was going to be what it was? A few certainly knew it could be. Who knew how this was going to effect these young people who appeared in the film?

I will never forget him.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2008, 04:32:25 pm »
Me neither.

One month, and I'm still singing "I will never let you go."  :'(

"chewing gum and duct tape"