Author Topic: Is love more powerful than danger, etc, in BM movie??  (Read 2589 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Is love more powerful than danger, etc, in BM movie??
« on: February 02, 2008, 05:41:48 pm »
Is love more powerful than danger, etc, in BM movie??

This puzzles me and maybe you can mention something about it too!! ??

Of course, we can think of the different kinds of love in that movie! And different times for each charactor!!

Many things are attached or can be considered maybe love, too, as extraordinary grace, patience, understanding, group effort, indivudual acceptance, etc., if you can detail !! Plus many things, as fears, killing, fights, etc., can also be the other side of the coin in this movie.

Colour that as you please.

Hugs!! Awaiting your news... keep care.

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
Re: Is love more powerful than danger, etc, in BM movie??
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 08:04:17 pm »
If you were really ever in love you woud not have to even ask this question. The answer is yes love can be more powerful than "danger" and yes this topic among others is what the writer is trying to get across to the reader.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2008, 08:19:51 pm »
Thanks RossInIllinois!!

I feel that there are different kinds of love in the BM movie.

I'm confused about that!

What do you say?

Hugs!

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 02:49:20 pm »
Thanks RossInIllinois!!

I feel that there are different kinds of love in the BM movie.

I'm confused about that!

What do you say?

Hugs!

Mmmm Hmmm.... I see that dear.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 05:46:38 pm »
Thansk Roos!

What kinds?

Hugs!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 06:57:14 pm »
Actually, most of the time, danger won over Ennis Del Mar and he kept Jack on a short leash for 20 years because being with him outright was too dangerous. It was only when Jack went away for four years that Ennis threw his caution to the wind just for a little while.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2008, 07:58:55 pm »
Thanks Front-Ranger!

You said:
Actually, most of the time, danger won over Ennis Del Mar and he kept Jack on a short leash for 20 years because being with him outright was too dangerous. It was only when Jack went away for four years that Ennis threw his caution to the wind just for a little while.

Front-Ranger, I agree with you. That, what you sau means much more?? To me, both Ennis and Jack wanted love but feared danger!! Did the love of each conquer fear or danger? Love of both (together) conquer fear or danger??

Must rush, see you later,

hugs!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 10:44:28 am »
Maybe Annie and the BM movie wants us to think that we gay men and others need laws against hate crimes, like hating gays and bashing, stealing, and murdering them.

I found this that may help:
Tue Feb 5, 9:38 PM

VANCOUVER, Canada (AFP) - A Canadian court handed down a rare conviction to a white supremacist for posting hate material on the Internet, police here said Tuesday.

A judge ruled that Keith Francis William (Bill) Noble, 31, did "willfully promote hatred against identifiable groups, namely Jews, Blacks, homosexual or gay persons, non-whites and persons of mixed race or ethnic origin," said a police statement.

Noble was sentenced to four months in jail, plus restrictions on his use of computers for three years, said the police statement. He was charged after police raided his former home in the rural community of Fort St. John.

Monday's conviction by the British Columbia Supreme Court in western Canada, following a two-week trial last fall, is unusual, Sergeant Sean McGowan told AFP. "The conviction rate for Internet-related crimes is very low."

"This is the second conviction of an individual for hate propaganda in British Columbia, and there have been only four or five cases in all of Canada where an individual has been prosecuted and convicted for hate over the Internet," said McGowan.

McGowan said police were tipped off about Noble's posting by the Friends of the Simon Wiesenthal Center For Holocaust Studies, an international human rights organization.

Nobel "posted quite a bit on a lot of white supremacist websites," said McGwan. "The content of the website and the content of what he posted were offensive enough to meet a high standard."

Noble "was known to the police, the authorities, and to our organization," said David Eisenstadt, a spokesman for the Wiesenthal organization.

"We're pleased this (conviction) has happened, not because we condone censorship but because there's a lot of abuse on the Internet," Eisenstadt told AFP. "There are no boundaries on the Internet."

May I say:
In our democratic countries, I think that there needs and must be such laws and they must be enforced!!

I think that the love for gay men and others (even heterosexuals) that Annie and the BM film present to us
overpowers the danger of hate that some persons have against gay men beating them up, stealing them, and murdering them because they are homosexual or bisexual men!! I am a gay man who has suffered those crimes and still is suffering. I think that gays must ask for such laws and have them enforced!!
What do you think?

Hugs!!