Author Topic: Music Music Music  (Read 220433 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Music Music Music
« on: February 17, 2008, 04:54:09 pm »
Hey y'all!

Decided to neaten up my blog a bit, so I'm copying the posts I've done with music videos  and polls here.  As of this date, any and all polls and discussions of music will happen here..

Looking forward to responses and feedback, so don't hold back!   Let me know what ones you like, and what ones you don't.

I'm not moving anyones comments from the original blog, so as to not interrupt any convos that took place, so if you've already commented on them there, don't feel pressured to move them here, they are fine where they are.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

Re: Music Music Music
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2008, 04:59:48 pm »
Originally posted on 10/3/07.

New music from Melissa Etheridge, "Message To Myself".

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LNkeL7F6p90[/youtube]

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2008, 05:05:39 pm »
Originally posted on 10/4/07

Today's video (I won't be doing a vid every day, only when the feeling strikes me) is dedicated to Truman (ShakesTheGround).

Before anyone goes reading too much into this.....   :laugh:  it's not because what the lyrics are saying.  When I was in SF, after the rodeo, there was a dance we all went to.  Tru and I were talking that we couldn't line dance, and not really good at two stepping.

The DJ started to play some fast country music, and we went out and tried our best to "boogie" to it (busted up knee and all  :laugh: ) and it made me think of my "clubbing days" and the music I used to break out some moves to.

And in my mind, I can see Truman dancin' to this one, and having a blast, so Tru, this one's for you!  Hope ya like it.

Sweet Sensation -  Never Let You Go

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Chmh48o9hZE[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2008, 05:08:57 pm »
Originally posted 10/5/07

Any K T Tunstall fans out there?  I loved her songs "Black Horse & Cherry Tree"  &  "Suddenly I See".  Her new CD (Drastic Fantastic) is out now, and here is the first video, "Hold On".

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GARc65jkDhY[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2008, 05:13:32 pm »

Originally posted 10/5/07

Jeff, since you are unfamiliar with KT's song "Suddenly I See", here it is for you.  Cool song, used in recent episodes of "Grey's Anatomy" and "Ugly Betty".

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-At6avvY_4[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2008, 05:17:49 pm »
originally posted on 10/8/07

Today's music vid is not my usual taste, but I like it!  It's a new song that is starting to get some airplay here on NYC radio.

Paralyzer by Finger Eleven.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYGCT4AQIR0[/youtube]

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 05:59:57 pm »
Chuck, I finally checked your website out a few weeks ago.  I had no idea you're a freestyle fan!  Sweet!  I was a huge Trinere fan back in the day.  Saw her in concert & everything.

One of my favorite songs was/is "I Know You Love Me".  I think there's something about the beat of it or something that really gets to young womens' brains, because whenever it came on I & the other girls in my dorm would just flip out.  Such a sexy groove!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 06:20:46 pm »
Originally posted on 10/9/07

80s classic from Van Stephenson.

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0d6Tp31JuI[/youtube]

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2008, 06:25:04 pm »
Chuck, I finally checked your website out a few weeks ago.  I had no idea you're a freestyle fan!  Sweet!  I was a huge Trinere fan back in the day.  Saw her in concert & everything.

One of my favorite songs was/is "I Know You Love Me".  I think there's something about the beat of it or something that really gets to young womens' brains, because whenever it came on I & the other girls in my dorm would just flip out.  Such a sexy groove!

Hiya Laura! 

I LOVE freestyle.  I've been going to concerts/shows for years, and have had the good fortune to get autographes and meet a lot of the acts backstage.

I've met:

Debbie Deb, Noel, George LaMond, Cover Girls, Sweet Sensation, Nyasia, Exposé, Clear Touch, 'Lil Suzy, Cynthia, Johnny O, Alisha, Lisette Melendez, and so many others.

Never met or have seen Trinere, but I have her double CD "Antholgy", and it's got "They're Playing Our Song", "How Can We Be Wrong", "I'll Be All You Ever Need", "All Night", and "I Know You Love Me" on it.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2008, 06:35:47 pm »
Originally posted on 10/17/07

Blast from the past for today's music video.  One hit wonder from about 1985, Rebbie Jackson (Michael's oldest sister) and her Top 20 hit, "Centipede".

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_nLi8dHPBg[/youtube]