Author Topic: bettermost's weather station  (Read 26582 times)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
bettermost's weather station
« on: February 20, 2008, 02:49:25 am »
i thought it'd be neat to start a thread reporting on the weather in the various places we live.  so...maybe throughout the seasons, we can keep updating, and see what everyone's skies are doing all around the world.
what has winter been like where you are?
anyone ever seen the northern lights?
are stars visible where you are at night?  how about smog? bad or okay?
also, just feel free two write in and say what you are doing today.

i'll start:

here in canada, british columbia, on vancouver island it is currently at freezing level.  about 0 degrees at night.  today was about 10 degrees celcius ,(about 50 degrees fehrenheit) with a lot of fog in the morning and sun in the day.  we had snow a couple weeks ago, but the ground is all clear now...and looks like an early spring.  my day consisted of blowing my nose, sneezing, drinking neo citran (damn flu!), and taking my kids to school.
i've seen the northern lights once, and i thought it was the 2nd coming!  very powerfull and amazing to see.
the stars are very visable from where i am because we don't have a lot of city lights blocking it.
the air quality here is quite good, i will say.

okay who's next?????? ::)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: bettermost's weather station
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 06:17:07 am »
East Coast of Australia where I am, was hot and humid today. The air is damp because we have had a lot of rain lately.  Temperature here was 28 deg. celcius which would have been a nice day, but the humidity was about 80%, which is fairly normal for our summers here.

It is just after 8pm here and outside is quite light because we have a full moon, and plenty of stars.

Didn't do a lot today, but went to town and had dinner at the local pub, then went to supermarket for groceries. Hardly bought a thing, because I had a full stomach, and food was the last thing I was interested in buying. Settling down now to watch a bit of TV, while I sit here with my lap top...after I have looked through BM I will play some poker on the net.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 01:46:26 pm »
omg 80% humidity. wow.  must be sticky huh?
it rains alot here.  and i mean alot!  but, like i said earlier, i think we'll have a nice spring.
28 degrees sounds nice though.  haven't felt that in a while.  our summers usually reach about 35, and i am a summer person.
there's a lot of SADS here.  (seasonal affective disorder) where people get depressed about the lack of sun, and the dreary winters
it's not nice.
i think i'm one of them, and i think i was meant to live in arizona or something.  .....maybe mexico.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:56:28 pm »
In west Scotkand, Here it has has been bitterly cold but sunny for the last few days...

at night sometimes w can see the startys sometimes not - I live by the sea .. evn where i work in glasgow (biggest city in Scotland) there si very little smog.
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Dobie1018

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2008, 04:50:34 pm »
Here in Florida, USA it has been very comfortable - temperatures in the upper 70's day and in the 60's at night.  Snow?  I remember snow from when I lived in Connecticut!  There's no snow here in the part of Florida that I live in, athough I believe those in north Florida may get a flurry now and then.  We can definitely see the stars at night if it is clear.  We  haven't had much rain lately though. 

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2008, 05:04:10 pm »
Here in Florida, USA it has been very comfortable - temperatures in the upper 70's day and in the 60's at night.  Snow?  I remember snow from when I lived in Connecticut!  There's no snow here in the part of Florida that I live in, athough I believe those in north Florida may get a flurry now and then.  We can definitely see the stars at night if it is clear.  We  haven't had much rain lately though. 

omg i'm jealous!!!!!  catch a tan for me would ya!  right now i look like casper the gohst!

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2008, 12:25:38 am »
today was really sunny and warm, about 12 d. celcius, and stayed clear enough through the nightfall for me and my girls to watch the lunar eclipse.  very cool.

last year, we were hit very hard by crazy stoms......"killed 40 sheep"!  lol
no, but really, it was bad.   we had floods, and no power for days and days.....but this year we were lucky.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2008, 12:44:14 am »
I'm in Ft. Worth and today it was up to 71 degrees, sunny with a light breeze from the south. The winter has been mild this year with only about 7 nights with the temp falling below freezing. I went to the park today and jogged, and noticed that the early spring plants are beginning to bud out. We may get another freeze next week, but the winter is essentially over.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2008, 12:47:17 am »
well that's good about the winter being over....unless you like the winter.  personally i hate it.  xmas is nice with snow, but other than that, no!  lol
yeah, we've got spring flowers coming up here too.  it's nice to see some life again.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2008, 12:50:28 am »
I like snow during Xmas, I just have to leave TX to see it, ha! DL and I went to NM after Xmas this year and I saw enough snow to last me for a quite a while. It is good to see life returning to the trees and plants. It was great to jog in the sun in my sexy t-shirt and sexier jogging shorts too! DL bought them for me, so I have to believe that they are sexy at any rate.