Author Topic: turn off's  (Read 5820 times)

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
turn off's
« on: March 05, 2008, 07:19:08 pm »
this runs along the same lines as "things i dislike", but i wanted to make it a little more specific, and ask what bugs you about things people do?  what's your 'turn off's'.... what repulses you?  what do you find unattractive?

for example, i hate overuse of perfume!  women who load that stuff on just make me gag when i walk by them.  men's calogne doesn't bug me as much, but still, over scenting is a major 'ewwwww' for me.
also, i hate when women apply lipstick above their real lip line....i guess to try and make their lips look bigger?  yuck. 
i don't think it fools anyone...and i find it quite obvious.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: turn off's
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2008, 08:26:03 pm »
If we're going to talk about annoying makeup, I hate when people have thick black eyeliner lines with lots of clumpy mascara. A lot of girls I know do that.

It also really bothers me when people are rude to people like waiters and cashiers for no reason. Is it that difficult to be polite?

Offline optom3

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2008, 08:45:23 pm »
People who pluck their eyebrows into extinction and the pencil them back in again way above their natural line.I haven't seen it so much in the states,so
maybe it is a bit of a British thing.
It used to bug the hell out of me,because when I was an optometrist you were meant to fit specs with the top of the frame in line with eyebrows,Try doing that when eyebrows are halfway up the forehead!!!!!
So not a good look.
People who spit in the street GROSSS beyond words.

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2008, 10:22:08 pm »
People who pluck their eyebrows into extinction and the pencil them back in again way above their natural line.I haven't seen it so much in the states,so
maybe it is a bit of a British thing.
It used to bug the hell out of me,because when I was an optometrist you were meant to fit specs with the top of the frame in line with eyebrows,Try doing that when eyebrows are halfway up the forehead!!!!!
So not a good look.
People who spit in the street GROSSS beyond words.

omg i totally hate that too.

i hate shovenistic men, well, and women too, but i see it in men more often....and it's a major turn off!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 02:56:10 am »
Dirty or decayed teeth and bad breath....UGH !!!!
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline forsythia12

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 02:58:18 am »
Dirty or decayed teeth and bad breath....UGH !!!!

eeeewwwww! :P
lol

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlin´
« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 05:50:22 am »
I dislike very much people who go from a door to the street or turns a corner without stopping even if they see someone else is already walking.It's as if they have permission to walk everywhere and only the others must stop if they don't want to collide¡.
People who "arrange" your shirt's collar while they're speaking to you.
People who are too "worried" about other's persons life.
People who don't leave his seat in bus or the underground to older persons or pregnant women.
And of course,people who don't wash themselves too much¡   >:(
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are life´s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline optom3

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2008, 10:34:53 am »
Just a note on this.  Women used to do a lot of this in the 1950s and 1960s in the US, only to learn that their eyebrows no longer grow back.  It happened to my mom.  She wishes she didn't have to use pencil now.

Oops sorry I did not intend to offend anyone.It was just pet hate of mine.I forgot it used to be the fashion.I guess what I meant is,when the eyebrow line is for some reason, pencilled in inches above where it would naturally be.

Another big turn off, anyone other than very very young hunks wearing speedos.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2008, 02:14:06 pm »
Another big turn off, anyone other than very very young hunks wearing speedos.

Amen!

Not so much a turnoff but a gripe - people who leave the stickers on theitr shoes - AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! It drives me mad!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2009, 09:18:31 pm »
Socks with sandals.

People with no sense of humor/ who are overly negative

People who value "things" over people.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!