Author Topic: To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?  (Read 50298 times)

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: To you, what is FUN for you in the BM movie?
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2008, 07:33:41 pm »
my favorite, enrichingly personal and yes, fun, scene/line was when Ennis was awaiting Jack's arrival after four years. His nervous pacing and beer drinking was engorged with anticiaption and youthful love. the climax was his line "....see if he shows" which not only underscored the height of his eagerness, but also the shadow of disappointment if Jack was not to appear. I could jump onto the screen each time I see that.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2008, 07:44:12 pm »
Thanks HerrKaiser:

Like you say:
"....see if he shows" which not only underscored the height of his eagerness, but also the shadow of disappointment if Jack was not to appear. I could jump onto the screen each time I see that.

I sure LOVE that: ... see if he shows, I do too !! And now find that fun... wow!
Any pic of that?

Any other such great choice HerrKaiser?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2008, 07:46:51 pm »
Thanls elomelo!

Interesting:
That is a marvelous, marvelous idea!   
Oh, I feel all giddy thinking on it - we should make a seperate thread for this perhaps??
Ranting and raving with ideas is much in order.

Ok, if you like, start it?

For now, add your words here too ??

Hugs!

Offline HerrKaiser

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2008, 08:03:59 pm »
Thanks HerrKaiser:

Like you say:

I sure LOVE that: ... see if he shows, I do too !! And now find that fun... wow!
Any pic of that?

Any other such great choice HerrKaiser?

Au revoir,
hugs!

another FUN mini-scene for me was at camp when Ennis was still cook and camp guard. while cooking eggs one morning, crouching down abreast the fire, he lifts the frying pan of eggs and bacon toward Jack and utters the contraction "...h' y go".

he'd been silent and inward yet his face revealed his true interest in Jack's rantings and as a friend. This murmur "..h' y go" was so endearingly fun and an expression of serving Jack in the only way he knew he could at that point. Ever so fun and rich with joy.

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2008, 08:08:20 pm »

another FUN mini-scene for me was at camp when Ennis was still cook and camp guard. while cooking eggs one morning, crouching down abreast the fire, he lifts the frying pan of eggs and bacon toward Jack and utters the contraction "...h' y go".

he'd been silent and inward yet his face revealed his true interest in Jack's rantings and as a friend. This murmur "..h' y go" was so endearingly fun and such expression of serving Jack in a the only way he knew he could at that point. Ever so fun and rich with joy.

;D Ha yeah and it's a friendly mock too - right before that he tells Jack that he can't be any more worse than him.

Another fun mini-scene, as you put it :), is the complete akwardness when Ennis introduces Jack to Alma after that particularly intimate kiss on the stairwell. Ennis has this didnt-make-out-with-nobody-though-I-look-it expression while Jack has this wide eyed, frazzled look. And Alma is just at a loss for words and looks like she could throw up. Akward yet entertaining.

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2008, 08:09:51 pm »
Thanls elomelo!

Interesting:......

Ok, if you like, start it?

For now, add your words here too ??

Hugs!

Alright, I'll start it after dinner so I'll be back in twenty or so.

A question: Are we going to have the whole movie with thoughts or scenes from the movie, which are particularly important and need thought? Like the first meeting-and-subtle-checking-out scene.

Cheers!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2008, 09:25:47 pm »
Another fun mini-scene, as you put it :), is the complete akwardness when Ennis introduces Jack to Alma after that particularly intimate kiss on the stairwell. Ennis has this didnt-make-out-with-nobody-though-I-look-it expression while Jack has this wide eyed, frazzled look.

That look of Jack's is just priceless, and Ennis is trying sooooo hard to look totally innocent. Just makes you want to hug the pair of them!  :)

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline elomelo

• Sr. Ranch Hand
    • My Fanfiction
« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2008, 09:37:10 pm »
That look of Jack's is just priceless, and Ennis is trying sooooo hard to look totally innocent. Just makes you want to hug the pair of them!  :)

;D

And the way they have their hands jammed in their pockets, like teenagers trying not to touch each other. xD

Offline Artiste

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2008, 09:38:36 pm »

Ennis has this didnt-make-out-with-nobody-though-I-look-it expression while Jack has this wide eyed, frazzled look. And Alma is just at a loss for words and looks like she could throw up. Akward yet entertaining.

Yes, that is fun when you see that the second time...

plus like Bliss says!

Great scenes for fun!! If you take it lightly... of course.

Hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2008, 09:41:27 pm »
Elomelo:

And the way they have their hands jammed in their pockets, like teenagers trying not to touch each other. xD 

I do not remember that! I glad that you mention it. So I will make sure next time I see the BM movie!
Only one did that? Or BOTH??

Hugs!