Author Topic: What are you wearing today?  (Read 129348 times)

Offline ZK

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: What are you wearing today?
« Reply #110 on: June 24, 2008, 06:42:38 pm »
Poor ZK suffering through winter there down under! We'll blow some summer breezes your way!

Gee thanks, we need it this morning, our pipes are frozen!!! :o

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #111 on: June 24, 2008, 06:45:53 pm »
Everybody in the Northern Hemisphere, pucker up your lips and ... BLOW!!

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #112 on: June 28, 2008, 04:39:44 am »
Today is Saturday, and I have family visiting and we are going out for lunch today, so I'm wearing:
White shirt with narrow vertical blue and grey stripes
Blue denim
Brown belt with a large buckle (has an eagle on it)
Dark brown shoes

:)

injest

« Reply #113 on: June 28, 2008, 05:07:00 am »
Today is Saturday, and I have family visiting and we are going out for lunch today, so I'm wearing:
White shirt with narrow vertical blue and grey stripes
Blue denim
Brown belt with a large buckle (has an eagle on it)
Dark brown shoes

:)

you need a cowboy hat and some boots and you would be SET!!

;) ;) ;)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #114 on: June 28, 2008, 12:00:11 pm »
Well as it's the weekend and I'm just lounging around messing around online (even though I should be working, as I've got a website to finish off) I'm wearing my jeans and my 2nd favourite blue and red checked western shirt (my favourite's my red "Jack's 4 year reunion shirt"). It's got a little sparkly blue heart on one of the front pockets to cover up a hole I managed to burn in it a few weeks ago when I dropped a cigarette - I couldn't bear the thought of binning my nearly favourite shirt, so I set about finding a patch to cover up the hole, and found the sparkly blue heart. It looks kinda like it should be there, so it doesn't look out of place at all. I'm also wearing my belt with my "R" belt buckle (I've three interchangeable ones at the moment, "R" (for Rachel), "B" (for Bliss), and my Wyoming buckle with the bucking rodeo horse).

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline ChrisC

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #115 on: June 28, 2008, 12:57:23 pm »
you need a cowboy hat and some boots and you would be SET!!

;) ;) ;)

Actually.....thinking about it, I'm almost wearing the same as Ennis is wearing for the reunion  ;)  do you think there is some influence coming through here  :D

I do have boots, but not a hat, I'll have to come over to the US to get a proper one  ;)

Offline ZK

« Reply #116 on: June 28, 2008, 06:54:31 pm »
I do have boots, but not a hat, I'll have to come over to the US to get a proper one  ;)

Hey Chris I need to buy a hat too, closest thing they sell here is croc.Dundee style. Then we would really make a statement in our respective countries eh. Nothing like being the centre of attention  :o  ;)

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #117 on: June 29, 2008, 11:31:38 pm »
Cool Thread!!!!

Generally this time of year since I work for myself at home I usually just wear cargo shorts. but I will give a recap of a couple of weekends  ago.

Saturday Square dance graduation: Levi jeans, dark saddle Durango cowboy boots, Stetson long sleeve cowboy  shirt with front yokes and snaps. Not to dissimilar to the 'Ennis' thanksgiving shirt, white back round with very intricate paisley like print in shades purple and green  .

Sunday San Diego fair ( Square Dance day ). Wrangler jeans, straw cowboy hat same boots, long sleeve plaid western front yoke Wrangler snap shirt main colors, lavender, blue with small stripes in white, several shades green, red and a silver thread Shirts was worn out ( not tucked in, I'm 6'2" so I can get away with that.)

Sunday eve Tony Awards party: Levi jeans, same boots, vintage style button down  western shirt with band collar and matching narrow cuffs, charcoal color with narrow alternating  rope stripes in tan and light gray. Souvenir from Feb trip to Colorado.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 10:38:17 am by jpwagoneer1964 »
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #118 on: June 30, 2008, 09:03:14 am »
Saturday Square dance graduation: Levi jeans, dark saddle Durango cowboy boots, Stetson long sleeve cowboy  shirt with front yokes and snaps. Not to dissimilar to the 'Ennis' thanksgiving shirt, white back round with very intricate paisley like print in shades purple and green.

Sunday San Diego fair ( Square Dance day ). Wrangler jeans, straw cowboy hat same boots, long sleeve plaid western front yoke Wrangler snap shirt main colors, lavender, blue with small stripes in white, several shades green, red and a silver thread Shirts was worn out ( not tucked in, I'm 6'2" so I can get away with that.)

Square dancing is lots of fun! I never feel self-conscious about square dancing.  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline ZK

« Reply #119 on: July 01, 2008, 06:03:18 pm »
Ya know it wasn't till I went to the States did I ever see anyone in cow boy hats and boots. The only time we ever see them is in the movies. I have a pair of black boots and a cap would be the closest things in my wardrobe, the cap only gets worn if its really sunny and I want to avoid getting sunburnt or if I am having a bad hair morning, come to think of it what hair??  :laugh:

I went through a stage a couple of years ago where all I wanted was a british racing green MGF convertible (didn't want red cause that would have reeked of mid life crisis - well hello ;D )my ex dampened those plans pretty quick by sayiing that a convertible would be no goood with my hair line I'd get sun burnt every time I went out- get the picture  ;D

Anyway today is my day off and I have a lunch date (wishful thinking it was a date) only about 6 degrees outside so it'll be black jersey, jeans, black belt and casual black shoes.

The weekend looks a bit more promising with a "first date" coming up, so after ransacking my extensive wardrobe (not), I've decided to go semi casual: black long sleeve t shirt, black jeans, my boots (nothing like making me a wee bit taller... all 5'4" of me), and my new General Issue green "army" style jacket