Author Topic: PROTEST  (Read 7685 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: PROTEST
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2008, 05:29:34 pm »
DONE!

Many thanks, Leslie. I sincerely hope zillions of complaints flood in from all over the world. This sort of callous insensitivity and blatant disrespect for the deceased should be stamped out wherever it occurs IMHO.

I was wondering if someone would be prepared to cut and paste my original post, and post it over at IMDB. And also to any other Brokeback websites anyone may be a member of. I am aiming at generating lots of complaints worldwide.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2008, 05:31:21 pm »
>:( >:( >:(

Bastard!

I hope to be able to do this this week, Kerry! Good actions!  :-*

Many thanks, Mel.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2008, 05:32:31 pm »
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2008, 05:36:58 pm »
Does Ned Kelley have decendants in Australia? I am wondering what their take is on the grave being located.

Thanks for letting us know about  this "comedian" I will lodge my complaint as well.

Yes, Ned Kelly does have descendants. Alas, also surviving are the descendants of some of his victims and they speak out every now and then against the Kelly Cult.

Thank you for lodging your complaint.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2008, 05:39:50 pm »
Thank you, Kerry.  I'll be sure to make my feelings known also.  Unfortunately, there never seems to be a shortage of ignorance, cruelty and tastelessness in the world. 

Marie

Thank you kindly, Marie.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2008, 05:43:41 pm »
better yet, call the sponsors of the show and indicate to them that you will no longer purchase their products. If this happens enough, the sponsors will withdraw their ad dollars and the producers will pull the plug. and that would be a GOOD RIDDANCE

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2008, 05:51:45 pm »
better yet, call the sponsors of the show and indicate to them that you will no longer purchase their products. If this happens enough, the sponsors will withdraw their ad dollars and the producers will pull the plug. and that would be a GOOD RIDDANCE

That is a brilliant idea. I will phone Network TEN this morning and ask them who sponsors "Good News Week." I'll post their response here.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2008, 06:03:12 pm »
good for you, hit 'em in the pocketbook and you'll change their minds.  :)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2008, 11:17:53 pm »

I phoned Network TEN and was put through to their Sales Dept.

A very guarded man asked me why I wanted to know who the "Good News Week" sponsor was. He also asked where I was calling from (meaning the name of my organisation).

I gave nothing away, maintained my cool (and manners) throughout and responded that it was solely because of personal curiosity that I was interested in knowing who the sponsors were.

He fobbed me off by saying that he couldn't access the computer where that information was stored and, after taking my mobile number, promised he would get back to me as soon as he obtained the names of the sponsors.

I'm not holding my breath.  :-\
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2008, 11:44:53 pm »
This occurrence was in Australia? If it were in the US I could give you lots of advice on how to determine the sponsors of a particular program.

What you might wish to do, is look into whatever reporting requirements you have in your country in regard to purchasing ads off the public airways. I have no clue as to whom you should contact. But, I strongly suspect that in your nation, there is a regulatory agency which keeps track of all ad buys. From that particular agency, you can find a list specific to programs and program times, the list should include sponsors and contact names and numbers.

Once you have that info, the next step is to find others in your local market who would be potential customers to the ad buyers and get together a petition decrying the programs content. If the sponsors sell their products only in Australia, then it does little good to get the names of complaining Americans, the sponsors will just ignore them, find complainants whom the sponsors do not wish to anger.

The best of luck to you!

:)