Author Topic: Scientology, Hollywood & South Park  (Read 17283 times)

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Scientology, Hollywood & South Park
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2006, 06:25:12 pm »
One of my favorite sites is www.malcovision.com .

Great site yaadpyar, I'll lose many hours here for sure!
Nothing is as common as the wish to be remarkable - William Shakespeare

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2006, 08:33:19 pm »

Great site yaadpyar, I'll lose many hours here for sure!

So glad you like it, but do be careful.  It is highly addictive, and it's almost impossible to view in small doses!   ;D
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2006, 07:03:12 pm »
"anozinizing"? I don't know what this word means. I'm getting conturbulated about it. Please clear me.
And....LOL...where the HECK did you find that word?  I'm getting even MORE conturbulated about it!!  Could that be called hyperconturbulation?   ::)
 [/b] [/color]
I found "anonzoning" at http://www.variety.com/VR1117939918.html:
"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! Temporarily anozinizing our episode will NOT stop us from keeping Thetans forever trapped in your pitiful man-bodies. Curses and drat! You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail! Hail Xenu!!!"

The duo signed the statement "Trey Parker and Matt Stone, servants of the dark lord Xenu."
I assume "anozoning" is a genuine Scientology word, ie LRH made it up, like he did "conturbulate".

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2006, 07:13:12 pm »
I assume "anozoning" is a genuine Scientology word, ie LRH made it up, like he did "conturbulate".

WTF?  Are these actual words (in scientology or otherwise), and do we have definitions?

Or is this just "cromulent" words used to "imbiggen" an idiot?

Offline juneaux

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Truth never damages a cause that is just.
~Mohandas Gandhi

Offline Shuggy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • 1964 - 2006
    • The Ataahua Shop
« Reply #25 on: April 11, 2006, 03:15:48 am »
Sorry, I misspelled: it should be "anozinizing". And "imbiggen" should be "embiggen". Embiggen is cromulent - Miss Krabopple said so - but the first 40 entries for "anozinizing" in Google are that same quotation.

« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 03:24:04 am by Shuggy »

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2006, 04:23:15 am »
Sorry, I misspelled: it should be "anozinizing". And "imbiggen" should be "embiggen". Embiggen is cromulent - Miss Krabopple said so - but the first 40 entries for "anozinizing" in Google are that same quotation.

Shesh!  Thanks for correcting my spelling shuggy, lucky I got cromulent right eh?

Strange that my spell checker wasn't much help on these?

I'll watch what I'm doing next time. ;)

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2006, 10:18:07 am »
I was going to try to clarify some of this terminology by researching Scientology on the web, but my search clarifies nothing.  I was going to post some of the more complicated aspects fo the philosphy, but couldn't find even one that I understood well enough to bring over here.

Check out Wikipedia for more...

"In Scientology doctrine, space opera was the term used by Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard to describe extraterrestrial civilizations and alien interventions in "past lives". Descriptions of "space opera" incidents play an important part in the beliefs of Scientology [1] and has led to Scientology being characterized by some critics and commentators as a "UFO religion" (Partridge, UFO Religions). Hubbard claimed that the modern-day science fiction genre of space opera is merely an unconscious recollection of real events from millions of years ago.

Scientology's doctrines famously include the story of Xenu, the ruler of the Galactic Confederacy who brought billions of frozen people to Earth 75 million years ago, stacked them around volcanoes and blew them up with hydrogen bombs. Xenu is only one element of Scientology beliefs in alien civilizations. Such doctrines have existed in Scientology virtually since its beginning, with Hubbard writing and lecturing about civilizations such as Helatrobus, the Espinol Confederacy and Arslycus in the 1950s and Xenu's Galactic Confederacy in the 1960s. He described repeated instances of them using brainwashing implants on hapless beings. He also spoke of alien invasions of Earth, such as that carried out around 6235 BC by the Fifth Invader Force, who were "very strange insect-like creature with unthinkably horrible hands."

"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Aussie Chris

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2006, 09:49:42 am »
I was going to try to clarify some of this terminology by researching Scientology on the web, but my search clarifies nothing.  I was going to post some of the more complicated aspects fo the philosphy, but couldn't find even one that I understood well enough to bring over here.

Thanks Celeste...  Inquiring minds want to know...  So we know what we're pointing and laughing at...

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2006, 10:16:19 pm »
THIS is tooooooo funny!  (www.toothpastefordinner.com)