Author Topic: Do You Like Beans?  (Read 28711 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: Do You Like Beans?
« Reply #30 on: April 01, 2008, 10:56:41 pm »
Heya!

So, I tried this for dinner tonight (minus the vegemite)!  I know it's supposed to be for breakfast, but I'm rarely on top of things enough in the morning to make a real breakfast.  Anyway, it was very tasty.  Is there any trick to preventing the toast from getting go soggy?  Or is that just part of the charm?  I really was good, and very filling.

8)

I'm also not fond of the soggy toast, Vivien. So to keep your toast nice and crispy, instead of placing the beans on top of the toast, place the beans straight onto the middle of the plate and then cut your toast in triangular shaped halves, placing the toast pointy bits outwards, around the edge of the plate. Imagine a sunflower with the beans at the centre and the toast being the petals around the outside. This way you avoid the soggy toast syndrome. It's the way I personally prefer it.

P.S., Though it's traditionally a breakfast meal in Oz, I too, Vivien, sometimes enjoy baked beans on toast (guess that should be "baked beans and toast") as a light meal at night sometimes, when I'm not feeling overly hungry and just feel like a snack, instead of a large, full meal.

Enjoy!  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 01, 2008, 10:58:43 pm »
it is a coarse bread made up of buttermilk, reg milk, corn meal, eggs...yum it is delish!!

Helloooooooooooooooo!  :D  Is that you, Jess?   ???  Um, le sheriff?    :-\
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2008, 11:19:00 pm »
Helloooooooooooooooo!  :D  Is that you, Jess?   ???  Um, le sheriff?    :-\

LOL!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Yes it is me! Jess!!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2008, 12:00:34 am »

LOL!

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!

Yes it is me! Jess!!

Psssst! Why are you incognito, Jess?!
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #34 on: April 02, 2008, 12:06:04 am »
it is a coarse bread made up of buttermilk, reg milk, corn meal, eggs...yum it is delish!!

don't forget the jalepenos!

injest

« Reply #35 on: April 02, 2008, 12:09:11 am »

Psssst! Why are you incognito, Jess?!

LOL!!

It was a April Fools joke!! A bunch of people changed their names today....but it is hard for me to hide with that 24000 posts!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 02, 2008, 12:51:59 am »

LOL!!

It was a April Fools joke!! A bunch of people changed their names today....but it is hard for me to hide with that 24000 posts!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Oh, I didn't twig that it'd be an April Fools Day thing 'cause it's already halfway through April 2 where I am!  8)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #37 on: April 02, 2008, 01:22:36 am »
Oh, I didn't twig that it'd be an April Fools Day thing 'cause it's already halfway through April 2 where I am!  8)

LOL!  Yep, Kerry last year a bunch of folks changed their usernames on April Fool's Day... which, seems to have started a little tradition (I guess a bi-annual) tradition around here.  I think it's pretty funny and it's amazing how confusing it really can be sometimes. I didn't change my name last year, but I remember being utterly amazed when I logged on last April 1st and saw all these unfamiliar screen names.  So, I was determined to give it a try this year.
:)

So, I've switched back to my normal username now, but I'm keeping the cat avatar for a while, because I kind of like it.  (By the way, Vivien is my cat's name... and she's a little black cat... so that was my inspiration this year :) ).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
    • Google Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2008, 02:32:31 am »
LOL!  Yep, Kerry last year a bunch of folks changed their usernames on April Fool's Day... which, seems to have started a little tradition (I guess a bi-annual) tradition around here.  I think it's pretty funny and it's amazing how confusing it really can be sometimes. I didn't change my name last year, but I remember being utterly amazed when I logged on last April 1st and saw all these unfamiliar screen names.  So, I was determined to give it a try this year.
:)

So, I've switched back to my normal username now, but I'm keeping the cat avatar for a while, because I kind of like it.  (By the way, Vivien is my cat's name... and she's a little black cat... so that was my inspiration this year :) ).

You well and thoroughly April Fooled me, Amanda.  :o  I didn't twig that Vivien was you at all.  :-\  Though, now that I do know, an alarm bell should have gone off when Vivien greeted me with a hearty "Heya!"   ;)   :laugh:

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #39 on: April 02, 2008, 08:40:18 am »
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww3wYL_0QHI&feature=related[/youtube]

baked beans on toast??