Author Topic: How did Proulx a many times married lady get into the heads of 2 gay men  (Read 5311 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
May I say that we must NOT forget that Annie is a Canadienne-francaise , yes one quebecoise lady, in many ways!!

It is therefore, in her nature to be observant that way... it seems to me.

One of my grand-maman was like Annie, very much so!!

When grand-maman and I went walking, she always found money on the ground!! Really, a penny, five cents or more!!

Maybe, that is why that I am like her and Annie... picking up pieces of paper on the soil to see what it is and how that tells a story or a clue to one possibly ??

Au revoir Annie,
hugs!!

You raise a very interesting point there Artiste.I wonder when for so many of this generation,and younger, entertainment is so easily come by.perhapes we are losing the ability,just to observe.We want everything spoon fed to us.No need to work at anything as it is all just there.Proulx by just obseving and of course commenting,
and relating maybe to some of her own experiences,gives us,the reader,a  literary gem.
We have to work to get every nunace from her writing,but oh ,how that is rewarded ten fold.
I wonder if my children will lose that ability,to gain wonder from the written word,and let their imaginations paint the bigger picture.In fct I wonder if they will lose the ability to imagine,full stop.How sad would that be.My imagination has saved me on many an occasion,from despair.My house is full of books and I try hard to keep some interest alive in my kids,but with so much instant gratification,it is an uphill struggle.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Thanks optom (Fiona)!

May I agree with you that imagination saves one's life  !!

Hard to say if kids to-day have less imaginaton that they have or do, or will create, than we did, do and will ?? !!

The fashion of dressing with black clothes for too many years.. worries me!!  No more imagination for colours? Instead of black, which is a non-colour and the absence of light?  WE need colours for lights, as for hope, I say!

Annie gives us (gays men and others issues as females ones, as well as many others), hope, as she colours her story with in Brokeback Mountain!

Your love for your kids, the variety of interests you provide with books, foods, etc., your warmth, will help them surely create their imagination creativities!!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline RossInIllinois

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
To be honest to me the story doesn't portray gay men very well.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS

agreed, but why does the ss portray gay men in that light?

Offline Artiste

More news??

Offline myprivatejack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Little darlinĀ“

Could you explain to us,please,WHY do you think this?.
I like your silences,quiet conversations of evident sensations,where our words are lifeĀ“s tinsels.
The lost illusions are the found truths.

Offline Artiste

Good questions !!