Author Topic: Collections - What do you collect?  (Read 133852 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Collections - What do you collect?
« Reply #70 on: September 11, 2011, 12:39:11 pm »
I just expanded my Super Friends collection by three more items.

On the image it says "Ebay" as a watermark, that's not on the items I'm buying.

The Super Friends was a cartoon that debuted in 1973 featuring Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman & Robin, Aquaman, and their "super heros in training", Marvin, Wendy & Wonderdog.  Each Saturday morning, the Super Friends battled various villians.

*side note*  In the center are Marvin, Wonderdog, & Wendy....they had no super powers, and were basically just sidekicks.*

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #71 on: September 11, 2011, 12:40:00 pm »

In 1976, the show changed to "The All New Super Friends".  Same basic line-up, however, the original "Jr. Super Friends" were gone, and replaced with The Wonder Twins;   Zan, Jayna & Gleek.  The twins were a brother and sister from the planet "Exor" who were shape-shifters, Zan could become any form of water, and Jayna any animal.  However, they had to touch their fists together to "activate" their powers, and then come into contact again to "deactivate" them and resume their human forms.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #72 on: September 11, 2011, 12:41:42 pm »
The last item I'm bidding on is this image of The Legion Of Doom.  This was a group of villians who joined together to take over the world, and first appeared in 1978 when the series became "Challenge Of The Super Friends."

The line up, from left to right:

Lex Luthor:  Leader of the Legion of Doom Evil genius - highly-advanced weaponry
Brainiac:   android - Super-intelligence
Captain Cold:  Blue-suited master of low temperatures - Freeze ray
Giganta:  Ability to grow to 50 ft tall, super strength
Bizarro:  Twisted doppelganger of Superman,  Same powers as Superman, but often behaves in an erratic and irrational manner
Gorilla Grodd:  Super-intelligence, super strength
Cheetah:  Cat-like reflexes, claw-tipped gloves, heightened senses
Sinestro:  Renegade ex-Green Lantern - Yellow power ring
Riddler:  Uses riddles to taunt and confuse adversaries with while committing crimes - Puzzle creation, problem solving
Black Manta:  Enhanced strength, water breathing ability (through artificial gills), high tech equipment, laser beams
Toyman:  uses toy-based tactics to commit crimes - Creates destructive toys
Scarecrow:  Uses his fear gas to bring peoples' worst fears to life
Solomon Grundy:  A super-powered zombie born from the swamp - Great strength, invulnerability

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #73 on: September 11, 2011, 03:04:09 pm »
As one might imagine from my blog, I've started collecting things related to the Lone Ranger, both the 1981 movie, The Legend of the Lone Ranger, and other items. I've obtained a couple of books connected with the movie, and also a kit that you could get as a premium from Cheerios.  :laugh: (The kit arrived from its seller still sealed in its original envelope from General Mills; I'm afraid to open it for fear of damaging its value as a collectable, so I really don't know if it includes everything that it's supposed to contain!).

I'm also now the proud owner of LR and Tonto action figures (two different sets of both  ::)). I've also got a Silver for TLR and I'm currently "watching" a couple of eBay offerings of Scout, Tonto's horse.

I also picked up circa 1980 paperback issues of three LR novels by Fran Striker, the creator of the character, that were originally published, I believe, in the late 1930s.

The latest item to arrive is a DVD of LR cartoons from 1981-1982. (So, yeah, here I am, a middle-aged man who sat at home on a Saturday night watching cartoons!  :laugh:) Interesting thing about these cartoons is that the writers apparently tried to ground the plots in "reality," both in terms of characters and geography. For example, the first episode involves a runaway train traveling between Grand Junction, Colorado, and Denver. Another episode involves the newspaper reporter Nellie Bly, who was a real person. Plus, apparently each episode ends with a mini history lesson related to the plot and delivered by TLR, who is voiced by the actor William Conrad, so there was an effort made to include some educational value as well.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2013, 03:38:27 pm »

I completely rearranged these last night, I really like the way they look now, and when I got done realized I'll be moving in maybe 6 months or so, and I'll have to take them down and do it all over again! LOL

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #75 on: March 17, 2013, 03:39:33 pm »

Samuari, Black Vulcan, El Dorado, Apache Cheif, Flash, Green Lantern, Hawkman & Hawkgirl.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #76 on: March 17, 2013, 03:40:37 pm »

Batman, Robin, Aquaman, El Dorado, The Wonder Twins, Super Friends panoramic shot, Super Friends 8x10, Zan, Jayna & original Super Friends w/ Wendy, Marvin & Wonder Dog

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #77 on: March 17, 2013, 03:41:52 pm »

Wonder Woman, Superman, "Challenge" line up of heros, "Challenge" line of of Legion of Doom, Batman, Robin, Samuari, Black Vulcan, El Dorado, Wonder Twins, Apache Cheif, Flash, Green Lantern.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #78 on: March 17, 2013, 03:44:03 pm »

DVD Collection. Super Friends season 1 (with Wendy, Marvin & Wonderdog), All New Super Friends, Challenge of the Super Friends, Super Friends (lost episodes), Legendary Super Powers Show, & Galactic Guardians. 3 seasons have yet to be released. Super Friends (1980), Super Friends (1981) and World's Greatest Super Friends.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #79 on: March 17, 2013, 08:36:04 pm »
Great collection!  I also collect comics, but nothing rare or expensive.  Actually, I'm a collector by nature and collect so many things.  I've always collected gold bracelets, but now I'm collecting 14k bangle bracelets: I think they're the most classy, authentic things you can wear on your wrists.  I'm sporting an arm full of them, and sadly, I'm still paying for them. I'm also looking out for a new gold bangle to add to my collection.