Author Topic: Was Cassie in the Brokeback Mountain movie homophobic?  (Read 53123 times)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Re: Was Cassie in the Brokeback Mountain movie homophobic?
« Reply #110 on: April 12, 2008, 02:51:05 pm »
So, why do you think that I accentuate this with Cassie?

Artiste, you're a sweetie, but you really have got too much time on your hands and you're not working hard enough on your paintings if you've got time to be obssessing over Cassie. ;)

If Jack had come upon this scene of Ennis crying and getting sick... well, I think the story would have taken a much, much different turn. It's sort of interesting to imagine how things might have been different (it might be a good starting point for a fanfic story). 

I've been thinking that very same thing myself and as usual my mind's been wandering to possibilities, and one of these days I've told myself I will do something about it, but I really must get the one I'm working on now done, which I'll never do at this rate if I keep on finding myself back here at BetterMost posting away merrily!  :laugh:

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #111 on: April 12, 2008, 08:01:47 pm »
Merci Bliss!

Your saying:
Artiste, you're a sweetie, but you really have got too much time on your hands and you're not working hard enough on your paintings if you've got time to be obssessing over Cassie.

Bliss, to that may I say likewise  ?? !! WE are having fun, you and I, and others; and that's great!!

Do you know that a master artist like I am, do obssess over Cassie, before creating a painting on canvas, or another Marylin Monroe as script for her or scenes of a movie ??  (And that I have to cry like a baby maybe before that is mastered by moi, yes me for placing my emotions and head on canvasses to be created!! As in life and death situations, drama as in Annie's story, as in Cassie in the BM movie... and as Ennis and Jack, etc., are with her, and her with them !! ) Is Cassie a handful or a singular ??

Did Cassie want unconditional love ?? With Ennis ?? With herself ??

You focus maybe:

I am alert and interested in everything around me; therefore, in Cassie too, plus Ennis and others !!  ??

They are like real persons to me. It is a work in progress with you and others, to try to understand such Cassies (look at the plural).

Would her love and commitment for Ennis be miraculous ?? Ennis love for Cassie be nothing short of miraculous for Cassie ?? What possible difficulties down the road before Ennis stops the relationship or friendship  !!

Are they both heroes ?? Humility ?

After or before Ennis stops the friendship with Cassie, would she find out that he likes or loves a man; and, therefore, she becomes homophobic ??

WE all enjoy Cassie  !! It is hard and diifcult for us to think otherwise!!  ??  Is this like a trap for us in the movie?

You see, much can be said yet... au revoir,
hugs!  Clue: Does Cassie makes us look ahead  ?? !!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #112 on: April 13, 2008, 09:14:40 pm »

Artiste, you're a sweetie, but you really have got too much time on your hands and you're not working hard enough on your paintings if you've got time to be obssessing over Cassie. ;)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Artiste

« Reply #113 on: April 13, 2008, 09:17:02 pm »
Funny!

Now, re-read what I added please... to ponder about that, at least for one line or word !! ??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #114 on: April 13, 2008, 09:56:35 pm »
I don't share your obsession over Cassie and Ennis. But if you create a work of art covering their relationship, I look forward to seeing it one day.  :)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #115 on: April 13, 2008, 10:33:30 pm »
Smiles to you !!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2008, 06:22:34 pm »
I miss Cassie, and I wonder why?

Do you too wonder why a gay man, like I am, miss cassie ??

Offline Artiste

« Reply #117 on: May 22, 2008, 11:48:47 am »
This means more... that we can think about ?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #118 on: June 15, 2008, 09:36:58 am »
In certain ways, was Cassie homophobic ?

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #119 on: June 15, 2008, 03:54:03 pm »
No.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."