Author Topic: Was Cassie in the Brokeback Mountain movie homophobic?  (Read 53116 times)

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Was Cassie in the Brokeback Mountain movie homophobic?
« Reply #80 on: April 10, 2008, 07:35:50 pm »
I did date females/ladies!!

More on that later,   if you like [/i]!!

Sure, Artiste. Whatever you're comfortable talking about.  :)

In any case, though, my point remains that if Ennis dates Cassie in order to fool people into thinking he's straight, he'll have to fool Cassie, too. And if Ennis avoids having sex in five years of dating, Cassie is going to have some serious questions about his sexuality, to say the least. Which would jeopardize Ennis' cover.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #81 on: April 10, 2008, 11:01:18 pm »
Thanks seriouscrayons!

By your post, you make a good point.

Seriouscrayons, now, let's see if there is another light, maybe ?

I have read to-day:
10 things you don't know about sex
Wing Sze Tang reports.
Provided by FASHION Magazine
1: Ready, set, go—there’s nearly no difference in the amount of time it takes healthy men and women to reach peak sexual arousal: roughly 10 minutes.

2: One per cent of adults have zero interest in sex and have never felt sexually attracted to anyone at all. Asexuality may be an under-the-radar sexual orientation, but researchers have only just begun to study it. On the other end of the rainbow, an estimated 3 to 6 per cent of the population have some form of sex addiction.

3: Straight, gay or flexible? Recent research suggests women may be “intrinsically bisexual,” and the higher their libido, the more they desire both sexes. In another study, the female subjects—whether they considered themselves straight or gay—were physically aroused by erotic films of both men and women. In contrast, the straight men were excited just by women, and the gay men only by men.

4: Canadian men have, on average, 23 sexual partners in total (notably more than the global average of 13), according to one recent worldwide survey. Their female counterparts reportedly have 10. The hitch? Number crunchers say the finding that men have substantially more bedmates on average than women is mathematically impossible.

5: Beyond its unsexy smell and taste, smoking appears to double a man’s risk of moderate or complete erectile dysfunction.

6: Once upon a time, doctors treated women suffering from “hysteria” by stimulating them to orgasm—a service dubbed “medical massage.” By the 1930s, it was abandoned in favour of psychotherapy.

7: Why do I bed thee? Let me count the ways. U.S. researchers who set out to catalogue all the reasons why humans have sex came up with 237 distinct ones. Among the top 10 motives, women and men had eight in common. A notable exception: “I realized I was in love” came in at number nine for women, but at number 17 for men.

8: Having sex regularly—at least once a week—may promote fertility in women by regulating hormones and menstrual patterns.

9: Male sweat contains androstadienone, a compound that enhances mood and sexual arousal in women. Alas, it also boosts levels of stress hormones. The chemical has been used as an ingredient in men’s fragrances.

10: What’s love got to do with it? Sexual arousal and romantic love activate quite distinct areas of the brain—and love is clearly the more powerful. The latter turns on dopamine-rich regions linked with motivation, and falling in love is not unlike the rush of taking cocaine, hence the addictiveness of a new crush, and the withdrawal-like symptoms of love lost.

With that, note that I have known a woman that did not have any sexual desire, calling herself asexual !! Of course, I have known also other females who did want sex!!

There might be more men that have never any sexual desires with either sex!! That to me is a surprise according to my experiences !! I have known some men like that: no sex during a lifetime!! Some other men known to me, many after being married to a female, and finding a male afterwards to have sex with, have no sexual desires to have sex with their wife or another female, and I note that many men are like this, and I think thatEnnis is one such case, person/b]!!

Ennis was married before and is now not anymore; so when Cassie comes around and forces herself to him, he does not want her, even if she is Marylin Monroe!! He does NOT want sex with Cassie!!

To me, there seems to be NO proof that Ennis had sex with Cassie !! Is there such a proof?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #82 on: April 10, 2008, 11:07:19 pm »

3: Straight, gay or flexible? Recent research suggests women may be “intrinsically bisexual,” and the higher their libido, the more they desire both sexes. In another study, the female subjects—whether they considered themselves straight or gay—were physically aroused by erotic films of both men and women. In contrast, the straight men were excited just by women, and the gay men only by men.

this may be a corollary to the fact that scientists have found the "gay gene" only in self identifying male homosexuals, it has not been found in Lesbians.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #83 on: April 10, 2008, 11:14:59 pm »
Thanks oilfieldtrash !!

You lost me. Please detail... somehow so I can understand?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #84 on: April 10, 2008, 11:15:45 pm »
what do you not understand?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2008, 11:19:10 pm »
this may be a corollary to the fact that scientists have found the "gay gene" only in self identifying male homosexuals, it has not been found in Lesbians.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #86 on: April 10, 2008, 11:21:43 pm »
what you not understand is the "gay gene", n'est pas?  you just repeated my words without telling me what you don't understand about them.

as Jerry Maguire said, "help me, help you!" ;D

Offline Artiste

« Reply #87 on: April 10, 2008, 11:24:52 pm »
This:

In contrast, the straight men were excited just by women, and the gay men only by men...   

is related to the

gay gene?

You lost me there!!

I need details to try to understand that!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #88 on: April 10, 2008, 11:33:58 pm »
a part of the sequence in the genetic code has been identified as being the gay gene. the reason is that this unique sequence occurs ONLY in Gay men. it is a unique identifier of a gay man. it is direct proof that, like skin color and eye color, for gay men, "gayness" is an intrinsic biological property that is inheirited, "gayness" is not learned behavior, but is a function of our biology.

I was opining that the gay gene may be responsible for the fact that gay men seemed less flexible in the study that you shared in regard to bisexuality. but women are more flexible about their sexuality. the gay gene does not occur in women, only in men. 

Offline serious crayons

« Reply #89 on: April 11, 2008, 12:53:33 am »
Some other men known to me, many after being married to a female, and finding a male afterwards to have sex with, have no sexual desires to have sex with their wife or another female, and I note that many men are like this, and I think thatEnnis is one such case, person/b]!!

Yes, that's what I think.

Ennis was married before and is now not anymore; so when Cassie comes around and forces herself to him, he does not want her, even if she is Marylin Monroe!! He does NOT want sex with Cassie!!

To me, there seems to be NO proof that Ennis had sex with Cassie !! Is there such a proof?

Artiste, it seems we're going around in circles. You keep repeating that Cassie forced herself on Ennis, keep saying there is no proof they had sex, etc. I keep saying Ennis had his motives for being with Cassie, keep stating what I consider the reasons to believe they had sex.

And then we go through it all again.

Your lilacs are lovely, BTW.

When I was a child, I had a book with little verses for each letter. I can't remember any of them, except for L. It said, "L is the loveliest letter made. It's lilacs and linen and lemonade." So now I always think of L as, in fact, the loveliest letter.

When my son was about 5, he goes, "You know what words I hate? 'Wonderful' and 'lovely. Because those are ladies' words!" I didn't know whether to be angered by his sexism or thrilled by his perceptiveness. Because they really ARE ladies' words.

Anyway, OT. Getting back to Cassie ...

« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 02:21:25 am by seriouscrayons »