Author Topic: Children's Clothes  (Read 2445 times)

injest

Children's Clothes
« on: April 07, 2008, 12:57:38 pm »
I was just at Walmart. They are selling Tshirts in size 4 that say "In Your Dreams!!"

WTH????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

size 4??

what the hell are we teaching kids?? We talk about how bad kids are these days and we sexualize them in preschool? Now we have first graders walking around with notes to pedophiles on their shirts? cause who the hell else would be dreaming about a little girl that small?? Boys at that age can't stand girls!

ARGH!

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Re: Children's Clothes
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2008, 01:10:50 pm »
Tell me about it Jess.I had my 13 year old daugher asking me for a padded bra yesterday!! ffs. No way in HELL is she having one of those at her age. She says that some of her mates at school wear them. I don,t give a shit what other kids wear, they aint appropriate for a 13 year old and thats that. Shame on the shops for seeling this kind of stuff to young girls. In the end they don,t care though do they, as long as it makes them money.  >:( >:( >:(

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2008, 07:03:10 pm »
I was just at Walmart. They are selling Tshirts in size 4 that say "In Your Dreams!!"

WTH????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

size 4??

what the hell are we teaching kids?? We talk about how bad kids are these days and we sexualize them in preschool? Now we have first graders walking around with notes to pedophiles on their shirts? cause who the hell else would be dreaming about a little girl that small?? Boys at that age can't stand girls!

ARGH!

The only solution is to vote with your feet.The BBC America news report on China and the virtual slave labour,was enough to convince me.That and Walmarts very heavy involvement in China.
With that age group it certainly is up to parents to draw the line.I have been very surprised since comming to the States how much more liberal some things are here compared to the U.K.
My daughter competes in Gymnastics and I was amazed to see that there were always several men at the meets,taking video or photos.The age range of the kids was from about 5/6 -14/15.All in very skimpy leotards.In the U.K you are not even allowed to photograph school plays,let alone a gymnastic meet.Yet here, there appears to be much more freedom.
Anyone could walk into the meets and just film away.There were no checks on anyone.I found that far more disturbing.Short of banning my daughter from competing,I have no control over the situation.
Even my husband passed comment on it,and he is normally unfased by anything.It worries me that film or photos of the events may well find its way onto spurious internet sites.
What was really disturbing was at one meet the film and photos went onto a computer immediately, and you could go and choose which photos you wanted.My husband went to buy some of our daughter.He chose them and was just about to pay,when he decided to ask the guy,how he knew it was his daughter,No response.He could have been anyone.We voted with our feet on that occasion.Also sent a strongly worded letter to the company involved,but had no reply.
The potential for abuse is staggering.

« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 10:49:10 pm by injest »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2008, 09:35:13 pm »
Too much sex selling as titillation.

A friend said his 6 year old niece asked him to help her tuck her jean legs inside her boots because she wanted to look 'sexy'.

She's SIX!!  :o :o

Heck, I remember being 13.  I was already sprouting and I hated wearing a bra!  It was so confining and I had to be forced and shamed into wearing one.  And now 13 year olds want to wear structured undergarments?  Who are they trying to impress?  ??? ??? ???

injest

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2008, 10:51:41 pm »
The only solution is to vote with your feet.The BBC America news report on China and the virtual slave labour,was enough to convince me.That and Walmarts very heavy involvement in China.
With that age group it certainly is up to parents to draw the line.I have been very surprised since comming to the States how much more liberal some things are here compared to the U.K.
My daughter competes in Gymnastics and I was amazed to see that there were always several men at the meets,taking video or photos.The age range of the kids was from about 5/6 -14/15.All in very skimpy leotards.In the U.K you are not even allowed to photograph school plays,let alone a gymnastic meet.Yet here, there appears to be much more freedom.
Anyone could walk into the meets and just film away.There were no checks on anyone.I found that far more disturbing.Short of banning my daughter from competing,I have no control over the situation.
Even my husband passed comment on it,and he is normally unfased by anything.It worries me that film or photos of the events may well find its way onto spurious internet sites.What was really disturbing was at one meet the film and photos went onto a computer immediately, and you could go and choose which photos you wanted.My husband went to buy some of our daughter.He chose them and was just about to pay,when he decided to ask the guy,how he knew it was his daughter,No response.He could have been anyone.We voted with our feet on that occasion.Also sent a strongly worded letter to the company involved,but had no reply.
The potential for abuse is staggering.

I dont' know how long you have been in the states but there is a man in California that runs a site with all these pics of little girls (I forget the name) but he says as long as he is just talking then he isn't breaking the law...Orielly did a piece on him as did some of the news shows, trying to get the site shut down. I think he was outside schools photographing girls for his website.