Author Topic: Texas Polygamy Sect  (Read 25583 times)

injest

Texas Polygamy Sect
« on: April 10, 2008, 05:57:52 pm »
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 01:04:25 am by injest »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Texas Polygamy Sect
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2008, 11:49:57 pm »
Yes, I've been following this story.  It's a disgusting disgrace.  I can't remember the guy Nancy Grace interviewed, but he just told it like it is:

"Where are the [men] of the polygamous sect?  They're - scared.  They're cowards, hiding behind their women and their religion...."  He went on to say how this particular 'sect' is a basically a sex cult, made up by men, for men, to service their disgusting sexual practices.

He brought up the same thing you did Jess.  Had their multiple wives been adult consenting women, no one would have blinked an eye, but they never are because few adult women buy this sort of lifestyle.  These disgusting predators marry a certain type of women, then raise children to be the next crop of brides, taking the girls as brides when they're too young to know any better or realize they're supposed to have a choice.

Sick sick sick.  >:( >:( >:( >:(  I hope they get the book thrown at them - the mothers too for allowing this to happen to their children without saying anything.

A 16 year old girl put these adult 'wives' to shame. >:(

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 12:05:27 am »
Yes, I've been following this story.  It's a disgusting disgrace.  I can't remember the guy Nancy Grace interviewed, but he just told it like it is:

"Where are the [men] of the polygamous sect?  They're - scared.  They're cowards, hiding behind their women and their religion...."  He went on to say how this particular 'sect' is a basically a sex cult, made up by men, for men, to service their disgusting sexual practices.

He brought up the same thing you did Jess.  Had their multiple wives been adult consenting women, no one would have blinked an eye, but they never are because few adult women buy this sort of lifestyle.  These disgusting predators marry a certain type of women, then raise children to be the next crop of brides, taking the girls as brides when they're too young to know any better or realize they're supposed to have a choice.

Sick sick sick.  >:( >:( >:( >:(  I hope they get the book thrown at them - the mothers too for allowing this to happen to their children without saying anything.

A 16 year old girl put these adult 'wives' to shame. >:(

They said on the news the police found beds used for SEX inside that church or temple. Unbelievable isn't it?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2008, 12:25:25 am »
Where was CPS during all these years while this cult operated? Why did it take a complaint from a minor to bring this to the attention of the authorities?

I am pleased to see that the matter is being resolved, but puzzled that Texas tax dollars are being misused in support of a cult which frankly victimizes young women and men. The fact that the members were receiving state support should send up a red flag at CPS.

How are our tax dollars being utilized when CPS can't on its own initiative find and expose to the authorities a situation like this?

I would like to see a full investigation at the legislative level and out of the governor's office as to why tax dollars are being wasted on supporting bureaucrats in CPS in Austin who can't fathom a cult like this, sticking out like a sore thumb!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2008, 12:39:27 am »
there was a big write up about it in the Dallas paper when it first moved out there. the sheriff said that it wasn't any of their business as long as the sect stayed to itself and didn't break any laws. (to me the first red flag should have been the locked gates and armed men protecting them...)

well said!

furthermore, this compound stuck out like a sore thumb on the prairie. you can see it for miles, everyone in the El Dorado area knew it was there, and surely the local county people knew that state funds were going into this cult.

weren't any inquiries made about the state of the children's schooling?

children can be homeschooled, I am ALL in favor of that, but I also understand the need for the local school district officials to make inquiries about the welfare of the children. people who own property in the area pay taxes into the local district, the district has an obligation to fulfill its state mandates, and one of those is inquiry into homeschooled children.

I'm just angry enough to make a little inquiry myself, since I get gouged yearly by that particular ISD for taxes.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2008, 12:09:17 pm »
The brief bit I saw of the women on TV this morning, I found them just plain creepy. Wearing their hair as in the 1940s, and one woman had on a dress that looked like a circa-1900 shirtwaist.

This keeping of children younger than, say, age 10, away from their mothers does trouble me, however.  ???
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2008, 11:27:42 pm »
It was creepy.  The women denied they were brainwashed, but it was all too obvious that they are.

Yes, I noticed too that they wouldn't answer about underage children being married off.

Where are the great patriarchs of this sick fuck family?  Why aren't they being dragged kicking and screaming out from under their rocks to be grilled about their pedophilia and statutory rapes?

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2008, 11:49:58 pm »
It was creepy.  The women denied they were brainwashed, but it was all too obvious that they are.

Yes, I noticed too that they wouldn't answer about underage children being married off.

Where are the great patriarchs of this sick fuck family?  Why aren't they being dragged kicking and screaming out from under their rocks to be grilled about their pedophilia and statutory rapes?

that is what has me puzzled? why didn't CPS and the local authorities drag the perps off? if the perps were removed, the victims could have been left in their in their homes and not dragged off to some holding camp! the whole episode make the local Schleicher Co authorities and CPS look like bunglers.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2008, 11:52:29 pm »
that is what has me puzzled? why didn't CPS and the local authorities drag the perps off? if the perps were removed, the victims could have been left in their in their homes and not dragged off to some holding camp! the whole episode make the local Schleicher Co authorities and CPS look like bunglers.

I'm not sure, but last I heard, they're still holed up 'somewhere' in the compound and the authorities are trying to keep the thing from turning into a standoff.  Or that's the impression I got.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2008, 12:40:55 am »
I'm not sure, but last I heard, they're still holed up 'somewhere' in the compound and the authorities are trying to keep the thing from turning into a standoff.  Or that's the impression I got.

you have info that I didn't have. It may be wise to hold off, I still remember flaming Janet Reno and her rush into the Davidian compound back in 1993.