Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1061584 times)

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #2050 on: September 03, 2006, 08:14:27 pm »
that's so true. as i get older a good mattress is making such a difference. this week especially with all that's been going on and me still having my jet lag on top of all those things, sleep seems like a unicorn that run off when ever I think I'm getting close to it.

the person below me appreciates a good long run in the summer evening.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #2051 on: September 04, 2006, 10:21:06 am »
Um, no.  Not so much.  A good long walk, but not until at least October.  It's way too hot in the evenings down here to enjoy one until then.  (Hence I do pretty much all my exercising during the summer months in my gym.)

And Katie, we have one of those expensive cushion-topped mattresses.  And I still feel my back and knees creaking when I get up in the morning.  It's really sad.

The person below me just enjoyed a yummy breakfast.
No more beans!

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #2052 on: September 04, 2006, 03:51:18 pm »
Three times false. "just" is wrong because it's already 9.45pm here. And "breakfast" is wrong because I don't eat anything for breakfast. Let alone "yummy"

The person below me thinks that Randall is an ugly guy (I was pretty surprised that some people even found him good looking. I though he was not only not good looking, but downright ugly).

Offline ekeby

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2053 on: September 04, 2006, 07:39:00 pm »
I wouldn't say Randall was ugly, but I sure didn't think he was attractive. He was average-looking, I'd say . . .

The person below me wasn't (or isn't) sure--like I was--exactly who Randall is without looking at the cast list on IMDB . . .
I complain too much. That teacher don't like me. Now it's your turn.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #2054 on: September 04, 2006, 08:06:54 pm »
False - I'm pretty good with names.

The person below me loves chick flicks.

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #2055 on: September 04, 2006, 08:25:12 pm »
True, true, true - French Kiss, Four Weddings and a Funeral, Notting Hill, Sleepless in Seattle, Bridget Jones, etc etc etc

The person below me swears by condroitin glucosamine for those creaky, complaining joints.
on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #2056 on: September 05, 2006, 08:53:39 am »
Havent heard of that out here, but I will find out about it....does it work?....

the person below me is has been on a diet, and it has worked......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

moremojo

« Reply #2057 on: September 05, 2006, 01:51:47 pm »
You bet...it has kept me alive. I'm using diet in its broadest sense as meaning the food one eats (sorry, I hope you can forgive my facetiousness). But no, I've actually never been on a diet in the weight-losing meaning, unless you can count the grief-induced period immediately post-Brokeback, when, like Ennis, I couldn't stomach many slices of cherry cake, let alone much of anything else. And yes, I lost twenty pounds for it...thank you, Ang and Annie, and all the rest!

The person below me has come to feel they have shifted in sexual orientation during the course of their life.

Offline ekeby

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2058 on: September 06, 2006, 10:56:49 am »
absolutely NO shifting in my sexual orientation, though there was a point in my life when I went to a shrink to see if I could become "normal." This was after by BBM experience, when my boyfriend got married. I thought maybe I should too. To my shrink's credit, he was supportive, but ever so gently steered me toward acceptance. This was, uh, 40 years ago!

The person below me realized they had same-sex attractions from early childhood . . .
I complain too much. That teacher don't like me. Now it's your turn.

moremojo

« Reply #2059 on: September 06, 2006, 11:27:28 am »
Does the age of nine count? If so, then yes, that would describe me. That was the age when I had my first infatuation on another boy, a fellow classmate of mine in the fourth grade. Even before that, I remember identifying with girls and girl's traditional interests much more strongly than with boys'. I know that that is not a necessary corollary to male homosexuality, but it did seem, in my case, to be a harbinger of things to come.

The person below me loves vanilla better than chocolate.