Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1047506 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #1720 on: July 19, 2006, 03:30:32 pm »
Oh - it's whatever strikes my fancy.  Not much of a policy about this stuff.

The person below me loves Depech Modes "Personal Jesus" but nothing else of theirs.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1721 on: July 19, 2006, 03:50:11 pm »
FALSE!!

I love much, much else of Depeche Mode's, and "Personal Jesus" is actually not one of my favorites.

Depeche Mode is the band, by the way, some of whose members I have met.  Oh Lord, I love them so.  But you know Celeste, it is thrilling to hear of another's affection even for a song that's not one of my favorites.

The person below me prefers the Library of Congress cataloging system to the Dewey system.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1722 on: July 19, 2006, 03:56:55 pm »
I haven't been to a library in ages, but yes, I'd say I do.  I never did understand that whole Dewey Decimal System crap.

The person below me is in a much better mood now than she or he was this morning.
No more beans!

Offline ThePirateBride

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1723 on: July 19, 2006, 04:17:29 pm »
True; grand gold margaritas have paved the way this afternoon!   ;)

The person below me uses a neti pot.   ;D
Now bring me that horizon.♥We have our heading.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #1724 on: July 19, 2006, 05:17:25 pm »
Not sure what a "neti pot" is....but i will take a guess......and no, if I want to go thru the night I get up and go to the toilet......

The person below me watched the BBM  DVD in the past 24hours
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline ThePirateBride

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1725 on: July 19, 2006, 05:36:55 pm »
True, it's playing now on my portable player.   ;)

BTW a neti pot is that nasal clearing device that works wonders, especially during allergy season!   ;)

The person below me had fried potatoes with lunch!   :D
Now bring me that horizon.♥We have our heading.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #1726 on: July 19, 2006, 05:44:34 pm »
Nope, I infact didn't end up having lunch cause I was having too much fun. There was this giant waterfight after school cause it was a half day. But it was so fun and I of course got soaked to the skin cause all the guys have it in for me for being evil to them for the most of this year, and this was there only chance to get me back. Although I did get my revenge back later! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Muhahaha ;D

The person below me has felt like striping today because of the heat...or for any other reason! ;)
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline a_r2006

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #1727 on: July 19, 2006, 07:56:45 pm »
True

How I wish I had fruit and vegetable but it was a sandwitch and crisps,as usual !

The person below me can't bear this opressive heat.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #1728 on: July 19, 2006, 08:32:25 pm »
almost true. for the longest time, I refused to get an AC, so i was running fans every summer. this year, I broke down and got an energy star AC and guess what, my electric bill is less than when i was without it, and this year's been hotter than the last two. hrm! all that suffering and I was wasting more energy! The AC is great, it's keeping my loft comfortable, but not entirely cool.

the person below me knows to defrost their freezer every so often to keep it running efficiently.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1729 on: July 19, 2006, 08:37:53 pm »
Huh???  I thought most of the fridges (with freezer) on the market today auto defrost.  I think mine does. 

The person below me can mimic the sound of bird (any bird).  (I can't)