Author Topic: Where do you all live…show us a picture….  (Read 41375 times)

stubbyeddy

Re: Where do you all live…show us a picture….
« Reply #30 on: May 28, 2006, 10:37:10 am »
The beach..

Marshes

Looking out to sea

What we call 'The Norfolk Broards'

What they used to use to keep the place from getting washed into the sea untill they invented electric that is :) Just like in Holland  :)

The nearest big town

There you go Brandon, not much to do, but its oh... so quite and peacefull out here, i love it  :)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2006, 04:07:59 pm by stubbyeddy »

Offline maggiesmommy GayLee

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Twist was in his dreams.
« Reply #31 on: May 28, 2006, 03:46:37 pm »
BRANDON...GOOD to see another Kansas Brokie...wish we lived closer...we could have "movie club"...its lonley up here in Topeka...!!
It is not the Number of Breaths We Take that number our days
Rather the Moments that Take our Breath Away

vkm91941

« Reply #32 on: May 28, 2006, 06:29:52 pm »
My gosh Eddy it's beautiful, thanks for sharing that.  AND Brandon honey Wichita can't be too booooring.....coz you're there!  :-*

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #33 on: May 28, 2006, 09:01:43 pm »
Wichita...booooring..

So this is boring hunh?  Man, I NEVER wanna go out for an exciting night with you if that's the case!
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #34 on: May 28, 2006, 10:16:50 pm »
Salt Lake City - nice, safe and boring place...

Hey Chris -

I'm in SLC for the holiday weekend (while you're in Denver I think).  The weather has been awful (rain, hail, and unseasonably cold and dreary), but is just now clearing up.  The mountains are stunning and huge and a bit intimidating!  You can see the whole valley and surrounding mountains from my sisters home, and the site of all of it is impressive - after more rain here this morning, the mountains are topped with fresh white snow.  SLC seems very friendly, and the temple and whole LDS history interesting.  Glad I got a glimpse of your fair city.  Nice place, all-in-all.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline two_bloody_shirts

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • First Kisses
« Reply #35 on: May 29, 2006, 12:12:13 am »
I'm from a town of 13,000 residents, Indianola, IA.  The biggest things that happen here are the National [Hot Air] Balloon Classic, hanging out at the Summerset Winery, and the Indianola [motor] Bike Night.  We're about twenty minutes away from the largest city in Iowa, Des Moines - population 198,682.  That's where I drive to work every day. 

I attached some photos which I didn't take, found them on a web search.  Our city is very rural as you can see.  I couldn't find a pic of the town square, but if you have ever seen Sleeping With the Enemy, our town looks a lot like the one that Laura moves to after leaving Martin.
Love.  You have a problem with it?

~Grace~

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #36 on: May 29, 2006, 11:38:06 am »
bump

Offline TheStudDuck!

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2006, 06:59:10 pm »
Oh, I'm so happy that I found this topic!

I'm not sure how many people know, but I live just outside of the city of Muncie, Indiana before you get to a little rural town called Selma, Indiana (I don't live in any actual city limits, I live in the middle of nowhere).  Muncie is a college town, home to Ball State University (where I am a student) and it is where David Letterman went to college.  It is also home to Jim Davis, the creator of Garfield, and his company Paws, Inc. which does everything Garfield related.  A little trivia fact for everyone... it is the only town or city in the entire United States called "Muncie" -- no one shares our name with us.  This is because "Muncie" is derived from the name of a Native American tribe that dwelled in this area known as the Munsee.  It sounds like I'm making this up, doesn't it?  Well, it's true.  Haha.  You can check it out if you want.

Anyway, I thought about posting photos of everything in my area, but then I remembered something.  Our very own wonderful Celeste, who was aware of my location (as she is a fellow midwesterner) sent me a link to this video by these two guys from Muncie that did a rap about our city.  It shows you everything in our area and gives you a great idea of what I see everyday -- both the rural aspects, and the actual city of Muncie.  And while doing so, it gives you one hell of a laugh.  It is seriously one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.

Please watch it so you can see the world through the eyes of David:
http://www.buttertv.com/LazyMuncie.html

You'll love it!

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #38 on: May 29, 2006, 07:00:25 pm »
Oh, I'm so happy that I found this topic!

I'm not sure how many people know, but I live just outside of the city of Muncie, Indiana before you get to a little rural town called Selma, Indiana (I don't live in any actual city limits, I live in the middle of nowhere).  Muncie is a college town, home to Ball State University (where I am a student) and it is where David Letterman went to college.  It is also home to Jim Davis, the creator of Garfield, and his company Paws, Inc. which does everything Garfield related.  A little trivia fact for everyone... it is the only town or city in the entire United States called "Muncie" -- no one shares our name with us.  This is because "Muncie" is derived from the name of a Native American tribe that dwelled in this area known as the Munsee.  It sounds like I'm making this up, doesn't it?  Well, it's true.  Haha.  You can check it out if you want.

Anyway, I thought about posting photos of everything in my area, but then I remembered something.  Our very own wonderful Celeste, who was aware of my location (as she is a fellow midwesterner) sent me a link to this video by these two guys from Muncie that did a rap about our city.  It shows you everything in our area and gives you a great idea of what I see everyday -- both the rural aspects, and the actual city of Muncie.  And while doing so, it gives you one hell of a laugh.  It is seriously one of the funniest things I've ever seen in my life.

Please watch it so you can see the world through the eyes of David:
http://www.buttertv.com/LazyMuncie.html

You'll love it!

Welcome back David!  You gonna hang out a while?

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #39 on: May 29, 2006, 07:11:01 pm »
Hello David Thomas Indiana!

Pull up a chair and a piece of Cherry cake and sit a spell with us.    :)