Author Topic: Where do you all live…show us a picture….  (Read 41713 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Where do you all live…show us a picture….
« Reply #60 on: July 14, 2006, 12:14:53 am »
Those pictures of the downtown Pittsburgh skyline are beautiful! :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #61 on: July 14, 2006, 10:24:56 pm »
We had the most beautiful sunset tonight here in Indianapolis. I thought I would share a picture of it with you all....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ZouBEini

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #62 on: July 14, 2006, 11:00:55 pm »
Nice pic!  Looks like raspberry-orange sherbet.   :)

~Larz

Offline PatSinnott

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Tell you what.......the truth is........
« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2006, 10:07:53 pm »
Hi Delluvia.
Glad you like the shots of Big D.  Guess what?  I grew up in Pittsburgh!  ;D It's a very scenic city.  Lots of georgeous views and vistas.  One of the most scenic cities I've ever been in, and I've been in a lot of cities, in the US, not abroad. Of course, it's my opinion.

The shots I found of Dallas came from the chamber of commerce website.  There are a lot of beautiful areas around town if you know where to look, unfortunately, most times you are in a car just driving through.... :P  Some of my favorite areas are Lakeside Park along Turtle Creek, White Rock Lake, Lee Park (after Robt E Lee), Tennison Memorial/Samuell Grand Park, and pretty much anywhere in the Park Cities or Preston Hollow.
..yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream.

Giancarlo

« Reply #64 on: July 18, 2006, 11:21:15 am »
You asked for it lol.. the ever so exciting los angeles *sigh*... I don't live in the city itself.. but I live in the San Fernando Valley... where the famous 1994 Northridge Earthquake occurred (its epicenter is actually in Reseda). These are like sub-districts of Los Angeles... they are their own cities but are part of LA.. I know confusing...

Los Angeles:

(San Fernando Valley)

(West Hollywood)

(That's the view of West Hollywood [gay mecca] from Beverly Center Mall, I've been to that mall.. but didn't take the pic)

(gay club)

(you can't see the sign too well, but that's mickeys.. a club/bar... i'm not really into the scene all that much)

(Heheh)

And for the heck of it, the city I lived in before L.A... Buenos Aires... it seems like I never move out of megacities... I'm just drawn to them... the one thing I hated though about Buenos Aires was the police... they were very abusive and they recently raided this gay bar shutting it down. Los Angeles is quite different, though there is still some resentment amongst police... other then that, it is actually quite a culturally rich diverse city... too bad the police don't really respect diversity.

Buenos Aires Police:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 11:23:53 am by Giancarlo »

Offline stevenedel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • BBM - The Steven edition
« Reply #65 on: July 18, 2006, 02:27:02 pm »
You people all seem to live in the kind of places where I get to go on a holiday, if I'm lucky...

To give you an impression of my unspectacular, provincial town (180,000 inhabitants) in the east of the Netherlands, on the banks of the river Waal, I don't have to post any pics... somebody else did it for me! http://www.hulsen.net/Nijmegen.html

Some parts of it are rather nice, actually, and the surroundings are mountainous by Dutch standards. We also claim to be the oldest city in the country, settled by the Romans; we had our 2,000th birthday last year (admittedly, the claim is somewhat contentious, as 50 years ago we celebrated the 1850th birthday of the city...  ??? )
It is a pity that the ancient city centre was all but destroyed towards the end of WWII, when an American warplane accidently bombed it because they thought they were already flying over Germany... :'( They weren't that far wrong, really: Germany is a pleasant 25 minute bicycle ride to the east.

I live in an appartment from 1923, from where, sometimes, I get to enjoy lovely sunsets:

If god had wanted people to be oppressed, he would have created bigger elephants. - Loesje

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #66 on: July 18, 2006, 03:55:36 pm »
Here is a collage of downtown Fieldale, Virginia, Home Sweet Home...
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #67 on: July 18, 2006, 07:49:23 pm »
Well, this is where I am--I live in a nondescript little building, but I do have a nice view:

This is where I look out:

And here's a better look:

Can you guess?

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 09:35:42 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #68 on: July 18, 2006, 08:36:54 pm »
Can you guess?

John,  Is that the old Bellevue Hospital on Roosevelt Island?

Offline Aloysius J. Gleek

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #69 on: July 18, 2006, 10:18:36 pm »
Exactly, David--it's the (now ruined) Smallpox Hospital designed by James Renwick in 1854 (he also designed New York's St. Patrick's Cathedral and Grace Church) on Roosevelt Island (once called Wefare Island, and before then Blackwell's Island) in the middle of the East River--and it's straight across out all my windows!

Tobey Maguire and William Dafoe battled in Spiderman (2002) in the ruin--in a stageset, I guess, but I watched a lot of (night) filming in the real thing when they were making the movie there.

I've been told that the clothes designer (and native New Yorker) Arnold Scassi contibuted the money that illumates the structure at night--can be spooky, no?

I live just a bit to the left from the Citicorp building, near the water, and the Hospital looms!

« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 10:45:32 pm by jmmgallagher »
"Tu doives entendre je t'aime."
(and you know who I am...)

Cowboy Curtis (Laurence Fishburne)
and Pee-wee in the 1990 episode
"Camping Out"