Author Topic: Do you use films as therapy?  (Read 8768 times)

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Do you use films as therapy?
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 12:10:18 pm »
I rarely go to see movies, and to be honest, it's a miracle I saw Brokeback in the first place.

:laugh:

Well, thank goodness from all of us who have met you and been enchanted by you, that you did.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 05:06:27 pm »
I rarely go to see movies, and to be honest, it's a miracle I saw Brokeback in the first place.

Me, too.  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2011, 09:47:12 pm »

Yes, I'm the same way!  Though I do often make an effort when I hear that there's a good new gay-themed movie.  That's actually why I saw BBM.

I was a film history/ theory teaching assistant in grad school for two different courses, and I studied film (history/theory) in both undergrad and grad school.  But, to me it really is often largely academic... and not really personal. 

Like I said, usually film doesn't strike me on an emotional level like music does.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2011, 10:06:39 pm »
Amanda, I have a hankering to see Tipping the Velvet, Mrs. Dalloway and especially Maurice again too. Also Sense and Sensibility. And Eat, Drink, Man, Woman. And, Ride With the Devil. Also, Orlando and What Dreams May Come. And Little Buddha and Kundun. And Billy Elliott. Whew!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"